PDA

View Full Version : LONG shot - humour article in Psych magazine

Catty1
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Okay, here's hoping...

YEARS ago, in about 1994 or 1995, I was in my chiropractor's office in Ontario.

(I am pretty sure it was there!)

There was an industry journal there (name and type of health eludes me), and in it was an article on Happiness.

It was a total parody! Just as many people these days are given meds and other help when they are UNHAPPY for no reason (depression), this article raised the question, in serious language, about paying attention to people who are HAPPY most of the time for no reason!

ANYONE have a clue?

Have tried Googling, but no success so far.

Thanks!

timlewis
11-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Well I dont know about anyone else but I myself I'm always in a pretty good mood. I dont stress out over bills or sickness or anything other than my kids and wife, but as far as the bills go my wife worries all the time. She worries about small things such as buying enough cristmas gifts for our kids and being able to buy for everyone else to, and the thing is GOD has truly blessed me with a GREAT job. I make enough to raise a house full of kids, but the thing that makes truly happy is GOD. I know that when this life is over that I have a better place to go. So why spend life in the dumps all the time enjoy it while your here and i hope i will see you all in HEAVEN.

Laura's Babies
11-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Hay Tim, I will see you there when the time comes...

I am not sure what it is you are asking Catty1.. are you asking if any of us know that article and what book it was in? Or are you asking us if we are happy people? I am mostly alway happy and upbeat myself. I make my Captain mad sometimes by being so cheerful about everything and constantly reminding HIM of all that he has to be thankful for! (He does have the worst luck of anyone I have ever known and it goes without let up for him)

Lizzie
11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I was just cruising in for a read during a fast break when I saw this thread and couldn't resist trying to help since I work in a library. However, when I put in "happiness" as the keyword for a search in the PsychInfo database of journal articles, 1993-95, I got over 5,000 hits. Can you give me some other keywords to narrow the search? I'll check back in at lunch time if I can.