PDA

View Full Version : Go Out And Vote

borzoimom
11-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I DONT care who it is- let your voice be known... go OUT AND VOTE TOMORROW... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. or you have no right to complain... lol..

mugsy
11-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Amen!!!

I will be there early!! I have to get to school around 7 and it's 30 minutes there, so I'm thinking 5:30 again tomorrow morning!

borzoimom
11-06-2006, 06:22 PM
AMEN! lolllllllllllllllllllllllll... me too... I am not even supposed to drive yet...

Edwina's Secretary
11-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I already voted....by absentee ballot. Is it alright if I vote again tomorrow????? PPPPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE!

borzoimom
11-06-2006, 06:29 PM
rofllllllllllll ( grabbing a pillow- I am not supposed to laugh yet.. ) uhhhhhhhhh I think that is illegal... uhhhhhhhhhhh welll.. I dont know.. lollllllllllll.. sorry..

Edwina's Secretary
11-06-2006, 06:36 PM
It's okay...I am from Chicago where the tradition is "Vote Early and Vote Often!"

Freckles
11-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Oregon is all Vote by Mail so I voted last week! :)

borzoimom
11-06-2006, 07:05 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man ... wish I could have....

KYS
11-06-2006, 07:35 PM
I already voted by absentee ballot.

CultureJunky
11-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Glad to see people are voting in the US!
I never miss a vote in the UK even small council elections, I feel it's so important, in particular for the women, as in Britain the women went through so much to get the vote, so I feel it's my duty to vote as a free woman.
Not everybody in the world has such freedom as we do in the US and the UK.

dukedogsmom
11-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Did it last week.

Logan
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I will be voting a little later today. It was too crowded early this morning and I didn't have time to wait.

I always take the opportunity to vote. We have the right and we should exercise it!!

Logan

borzoimom
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I voted, I voted- everybody- congo.. ( well maybe next week- ouch..lol)

ramanth
11-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I got to the polls right when they opened at 7 a.m. :D

trayi52
11-07-2006, 09:47 AM
I voted by absentee ballot last week, so I wouldn't have to face the crowds today.

Willie :)

mugsy
11-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I was incredibly irritated....they changed my polling place without notification and now I have to wait and go after school...I really wanted this done!

jazzcat
11-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I voted early last week but I am making sure my 84 year old father gets there today. He is confused about a lot of things but one thing he knows for sure is he wants his vote to count in our TN Senate race. This is a big one. Personally I wish there had been a "none of thee above" choice in that race. They've both played so dirty. I wish for once a candidate would tell you about themselves in ads and not how evil or corrupt their opponent is.

Anyone from TX voting for Kinky? LOL!

cyber-sibes
11-07-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll be voting if I can find the polling place, :confused: ...hmmmm, hubby always drove and now he's in RI.... but he did his absentee ballot already. :) I want one of those cute little smiley "I voted" stickers they pass out to wear all day!

Maresche
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Yep, did it early this morning. I have to admit, I'm really anxious about a couple of outcomes, both candidate and issue.

borzoimom
11-07-2006, 01:52 PM
yea me too.. Its a big battle here in Virginia..

catlover4ever
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I'll be picking up hubby when I get out of work and we will both go vote together. I have never missed a vote since I turned 18 and I don't intend to miss one now.

I will say this....I will be so very happy when today is over with and the dirty, stupid campaign commercials are off the TV. :)

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2006, 01:58 PM
I voted absentee (and the reason for that is such a lllooonngg story) but I miss going with my husband to vote. I always found it one of the most romantic things to do....voting together.... :D

smokey the elder
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I'll go after work; fortunately the polls in New York are open until 9 PM and my polling place is across the street!

Relief from endless negative ads from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut! :) In one hour 90% of the ads were political last night.

Logan
11-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Sara, I have a good, long time friend, who knew me "when" (when I was married to my ex-husband). He even told me this morning, on the telephone, that he could remember seeing me in line at the poll, 15 years ago, with my baby (Helen) in the stroller, at 7 am, so I could get my vote in. He said it always struck him that I was a serious voter because it would have been so easy for me to have not voted that year, with the baby and all. But I always have and I always will. And like you, I like having my husband with me when I go to vote, but unfortunately this time around, Scott didn't anticipate having to be out of town so much, so he did not do an absentee ballot and has been gone for two weeks now. Wish I could have voted for him! :p

lvpets2002
11-07-2006, 04:48 PM
:) Yup Did That At Lunch Today

CathyBogart
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
I voted last week by absentee. I've always voted, but it's always been absentee.

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Scott didn't anticipate having to be out of town so much, so he did not do an absentee ballot and has been gone for two weeks now. Wish I could have voted for him! :p

That's one of the reason I get an absentee ballot.....but it isn't as fun!

(Maybe you can sneak in and vote for Scott... :D )

Felicia's mom 1
11-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I too voted last week, by absentee.

Logan
11-07-2006, 10:17 PM
I don't know a lot of our results, but I do know that our Governor, Mark Sanford, has been re-elected. I'm happy with that!!! :)

Uabassoon
11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I've nervous here, I keep checking online for updates every 5 minutes!

sirrahbed
11-08-2006, 06:52 AM
We never miss voting and I am another who loves to go with hubby. We may argue all the way to the polls so it isn't romantic ;), but it is something we always do together.

I hear more and more about folks voting absentee, but I still want the experience of election day and going to the polls. We get to see folks we only see once or twice a year. Our old mayor and his wife are always there, some of the older citizens and neighbors...and it is part of the experience. But, it was pretty crowded this year.

CountryWolf07
11-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Whoo hoo! We passed with the smoking ban here in Ohio. :)

lvpets2002
11-08-2006, 09:57 AM
:o Now Jazzcat Do you really think anyone from TX would do that :p We are not that :rolleyes: .. I will admitt the Elections Outcome took me for a surprise :eek: ..

cassiesmom
11-08-2006, 11:05 AM
I was the last one out of my polling place last night ... I tried the touch screen voting thingamajig. Every question that had two choices (yes or no, Democrat or Republican), no matter which one I picked it kept jumping up to the first of the two boxes and I would have to switch some of them back. Took me a heck of a long time to finish it. Interesting election with a lot of close races - only half of the people eligible actually voted even with the early voting days. The Democrats cleaned up even in traditionally Republican parts of Chicagoland. The sitting governor got re-elected with a little over half the vote from the 50% who voted. School board referendum failed. :(