PDA

View Full Version : New furkid? (Added... she's home!)

Sophist
11-06-2006, 03:37 AM
My fiancee and I have been wanting to add a 3rd dog to our family for a
while now, especially since he is now in a home with a nice-sized fenced yard. We've been actively looking for a few months now, and today we both found a 'perfect' dog on petfinder that just clicked and sounds like a great fit for our family, and emailed them to each other... :rolleyes: you guessed it, same dog for both of us. We're meeting her Tuesday. Please keep fingers and paws crossed for all of us! :D

Here she is! (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7105232)

dukedogsmom
11-06-2006, 04:04 AM
She is a doll and I love that smile! She sounds like a perfect dog. It just kills me the amount of people that can just give up a family member because they're moving :mad: I know she'll get a better home from a PTer.

Ginger's Mom
11-06-2006, 05:52 AM
She is adorable. :D Sounds like a big love bug too. Good luck on Tuesday.

borzoimom
11-06-2006, 06:55 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Good luck on tuesday!

pitc9
11-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Oh she looks like a DOLL!!
Good Luck!
I hope you can give her the furever home that she deserves!!

labmomma
11-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Congratulation on your new addition and upon deciding to rescue too. My two Labs are both rescues and my best friends too. Have a happy furever life together.
Labmomma X 2 :D

luvofallhorses
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
OMG! she's adorable! :D I hope you guys are able to adopt her! :)

Husky15
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Aw! She is too cute! Good luck and I hope you can adopt her!

Sophist
11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Keisha is home bonding with her new beagle brother and sister!
Our poor girl was in with a dog that was downright vicious to her, and she was terrified! The dog attacked her several times just while we were there, and she's got scabs, tooth punctures, and scratches all over. She'd also lost weight since the pictures were taken. She's amazingly patient and gentle, even when she's as stressed as she must be right now. She's exhausted but couldn't sleep well because she had to keep waking up and running out to check and make sure everyone was still there, then going back to lay down again. I finally sent out my fiancee to pick up some videos and we gathered around her on the floor just so she could get some sleep during the marathon. It's only been about 24 hours so far, and already we love her so much that it seems impossible she hasn't always been a part of our family! I'll never understand how such wonderful dogs get left behind like this.

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Pooooooooooor baby! Did the vet take a look at her?

Sophist
11-08-2006, 03:04 PM
We took her to their free vet immediately to get worming records and to ask about topical treatments for her cuts. She is going to our own vet on saturday, just to check out her wounds again and to set up a patient record.

borzoimom
11-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Poor baby- I figured you did.. I am glad she is doing well though.. Keep us posted.

Ginger's Mom
11-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Aww, congrats. I would ask for pictures of all three of your furkids, but I think you have your hands full just making her feel loved again. Good rescue. :)