PDA

View Full Version : The rescued cellar/basement babies

catcrazylady
11-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I thought I would update you on the little furballs from the basement/cellar.

Noah's name is now....NO-NO Noah! :eek:
What a little stinker he is turning out to be! His eyes have all cleared up and he appears to be doing well. As many times a day as he gets into trouble I figure he must be well!
Here are a few new pictures of the handsome Baby Brat

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p02dbb06036a409e0d195a7c96c32afb9/ec33c347.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/pb96b09696175169e3c322edb8e5023df/ec33c3ec.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p4a284485a3e293c50989a6155b0baf30/ec33b9d9.jpg

His little sister (I think its a girl) seems to be doing better. She is on antibiotics and in the last two days we've noticed her seeming to be a little perkier. She really does nothing! She eats a lot but has no interest in playing and really wants no attention from us. Its kind of sad.
She was so starved that I'm sure it going to take a while for her to get built up. Her eyes are brighter and she is starting to walk around a lot more. The one thing that concerns me is her pot belly. She eats like a horse but so far there seems to be no weight gain anywhere but her stomach. Of course I'm totally paranoid about abdominal fluid build up because of FIP. She really is just fur over bones except for her tummy. She will be vet checked Tuesday and I sure hope its good news.

We named her Whisper because she is so quiet and just appears and disappears without a sound. Please add her to your prayers because I think she has a long road ahead of her.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/pc81c49ec8b2984be7917eaeee3fe317d/ec33c8e8.jpg

Thats the current update with these little ones. I'm still trying to catch the two orange varmits in the basement. Wish me luck!!

jazzcat
11-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh Lisa they are gorgeous!!! You have some of the most beautiful kittens around your house.

I'll keep them, especially little Whisper, in my prayers and wishing you the very best of luck with catching the remaining two.

Rie Rie
11-05-2006, 11:54 AM
OMG,,,,,,,,are they not just the cutest little things. Had to wipe the drool off my chin!!!

kimlovescats
11-05-2006, 11:55 AM
That's it! I'm coming to Kentucky to steal Noah!!! :eek: :D He looks like one of your kitties .... is it Stubby??? I get them confused ... especially when we haven't seen them in so long!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Baby Whisper is too cute for words. I pray that she will be ok, and is FIP free!

Kim

catcrazylady
11-05-2006, 12:01 PM
That's it! I'm coming to Kentucky to steal Noah!!! :eek: :D He looks like one of your kitties .... is it Stubby??? I get them confused ... especially when we haven't seen them in so long!!! :rolleyes: ;)

I agree Kim that they haven't been seen in a long time. They miss PT as much as I do!
Noah reminds me of Pete. :( I know you can never replace a kitty and there will never be another Pete in looks or personality but there is just something about Noah that makes me feel like a little bit of Pete is back with me. I can't explain it. I'm sure you all know that that means he probably ain't leavin!!!! I know in my heart that he is extremely adoptable but there is that feeling that a little bit of Pete has been given back to me and I doubt I will have the strength to let that go. He also immediately wrapped hubby's heart right around his little pink toes! :D

kimlovescats
11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was Pete ... but I do believe what you said. I think little Noah was sent to you for a reason! ;)

Reachoutrescue
11-05-2006, 12:19 PM
They are very very cute. Good luck with them.

catcrazylady
11-05-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was Pete ... but I do believe what you said. I think little Noah was sent to you for a reason! ;)

Don't be sorry Kim, heck I can't even keep them all straight!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

jenluckenbach
11-05-2006, 12:43 PM
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!

Prayers for Whisper. (Praying it is only a belly full of worms and not the dreaded FIP :( :( )

RedHedd
11-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Aww! Little Noah reminds me of Kelly's Noah and my Mishi! What is it with fluffy orange males? They're all little trouble makers and we can't say no to because they're just too darned cute!

Prayers going out that little Whispy gets over whatever is bugging her - she's a little beauty too.

Freedom
11-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, with a face like that, you can't stay angry with No No Noah for TOO long, now can you? He looks like he is full of spitfire! Best wishes for Whisper, hope she just needs time to settle and catch up on eating, growing and feeling like a kitten!

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
They sure are cutie pies and I wouldn't be able to let go of baby Noah either.:) I sure hope that both Whisper and Noah will thrive in your care and neither one will ever have the deadly FIP disease. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent their way.

catmandu
11-05-2006, 05:33 PM
They are such Sweet Little Persian Faces, its clear that you are Kentuckys St Francis.
All the Stray Cats and Kitten know that you have a home where they will be beloved.
Bless You for caring.

Laura's Babies
11-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Well, I know Pete sent Noah there. He knew that baby needed a GOOD Mommie and he knew where there was a GOOD Mommie that needed a baby so he selected one that would remind you of him to make sure you would keep him and be alright.

They are just so cute... Cellar kitties huh? If they were at my house they would be the "Bed Kitties"!

K & L
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I think little Noah has brought your Pete back to you! He sure reminds me of him. The little girl is quite the fur ball! Both are so lucky to have found you!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-06-2006, 05:20 AM
OMG, such sweeties....!!

catlover4ever
11-06-2006, 07:46 AM
OMG!!! Are those two ever adorable. :)

rg_girlca
11-06-2006, 03:14 PM
OMG Lisa are they ever A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!

I just want to smoozle them all over. :D

I love their names also and I am sending out BIG TIME PRAYERS for precious Whisper that all is well with her.