PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Saddam!

RICHARD
11-05-2006, 03:15 AM
Sentenced to death by hanging.....

And where was Ramsey Clark during the O.J. trial? :confused:

Pam
11-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Once again I get my news from Pet Talk. :) I knew the verdict was going to be in by the time I got up today but haven't as yet put the TV on.

Bye, bye Saddam. No trip to the Rainbow Bridge for you. Satan is getting ready to set another place at the table for you in Hell.

Alysser
11-05-2006, 08:54 AM
I thought he was sentenced to life in prison? :confused: Shows how much I listen to the news.

Boy am I glad to hear it. :D The earth won't be at loss.

Pam
11-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I just saw a news clip. What a big mouth! He yelled all through the verdict. He just doesn't get it. :rolleyes:

trayi52
11-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Sounds like good news to me.

Willie

Dorothy39
11-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Yep Richard~ More often than not, I get my " News Headlines" from Pet Talk~

The Devil is going to have his hands full, I'll say that much~, They deserve one another, huh!!!

Laura's Babies
11-05-2006, 09:58 AM
With the lawyers and judges that has been killed during this trial, WHO will be brave enough to go in public to hang him.. ? They should do it FAST and not drag it out so it can be over and done with asap!

RedHedd
11-05-2006, 11:04 AM
With the lawyers and judges that have been killed during this trial, WHO will be brave enough to go in public to hang him.. ? They should do it FAST and not drag it out so it can be over and done with asap! Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough for me. However there is an appeal process and the attorneys will file an appeal:

"Saddam's chief lawyer Khalil al-Dulaimi condemned the trial as a "farce," claiming the verdict was planned. He said defense attorneys would appeal within 30 days.

The death sentences automatically go to a nine-judge appeals panel, which has unlimited time to review the case. If the verdicts and sentences are upheld, the executions must be carried out within 30 days.

A court official told The Associated Press that the appeals process was likely to take three to four weeks once the formal paperwork was submitted."

momoffuzzyfaces
11-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I won't believe it until it's done. I look for someone to try and break him out or something. I sure won't be shedding any tears when he's gone.

caseysmom
11-05-2006, 11:50 AM
My kids were asking me last night why anyone would be against the death penalty. I honestly don't know how I feel about the death penalty, things are not black and white for me...sometimes I wish they were.

But in this case it sure makes me in favor of it.

Argranade
11-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't know what to think of this, kinda weird.

I don't feel happy or sad.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 12:07 PM
I am afraid. There is no good outcome to this situation. My husband told me first thing when I came downstairs this morning. Saddam is a evil man who should not be able to do his evil any longer.

My fear is that to hang him will fuel more hatred of the US. Already on the news they report anti-US demonstrations...even though the trial was ostensibly Iraqian....it is perceived by the Sunni Muslims to have been orchestrated by the US.

I am very afraid.....

cmayer31
11-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Good riddance. He has been a destructive ruthless plague and the sooner he is gone the happier I'll be.

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
If his execution does indeed spark a civil war as many commentators are predicting, then I would have to say that, on balance, I would prefer to see him locked up for the rest of his natural life.

RICHARD
11-05-2006, 12:46 PM
His only 'friends" are the Sunni faction , the People in Tikrit and his real home town.

If we all remmeber, SH had nothing to do with the terrorism and wasn't a real threat to take over the title of "Iraninan Idol" or OBL's best buddy.

Had he been a major player in the Middle East his name would be used by all the little groups to rid Iraq of the 'infidels'.

His departure from the seat of power was great for the AH death squads-the blood hungry idiots that had no place in SH's dictatorship....

Some people in the Middle East hate us anyway,

He won't be missed and people will forget how to spell his name soon after his leaving the planet.

-------------------------------------

LOL,

If you all were insomniacs, you too would get your news as it happens! :D

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 01:05 PM
His only 'friends" are the Sunni faction , the People in Tikrit and his real home town.

...and anyone looking for a (or another) reason to hate the US and the West.....

carole
11-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Best news I have heard in a while.

RICHARD
11-05-2006, 01:18 PM
...and anyone looking for a (or another) reason to hate the US and the West.....

I am taking a break from self loathing until the end of the year.

The biggest threat to the US at the moment are the PC, right leaning,
massage and meth getting, flag burning, name calling, freakniks that threaten us from within our borders. Did I mention jon carry?

Anything that happens is either GWB's, Don Rumsfelt's, Dick Cheney's or the evil right wing conspiracy's fault...

God,

For the days before 9/11....when we really didn't care about foreign policy. :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 01:23 PM
God,

For the days before 9/11....when we really didn't care about foreign policy. :confused:

Speak for yourself....perhaps those years of not caring are the problem.

I am not sure where you see self-loathing in my statement.

Stick to your one-dimensional view of the world if you like....go see another John Wayne movie....it will help....

RICHARD
11-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Speak for yourself....perhaps those years of not caring are the problem.

I am not sure where you see self-loathing in my statement.

Stick to your one-dimensional view of the world if you like....go see another John Wayne movie....it will help....

Well,

I didn't like Sands Of Iwo Jima...he gets killed in that one. (notice that the STRYKER infantry vehicle shares the name of his character in the movie..)

I did like the "Fighting Seabees of the Navy" flick....That was more trucks and blowing up stuff.

Not a fan of his westerns....No wonder the Russians wanted to kill The Duke.

(Actually I am not a big fan of the Waynester....or John Rambo or Jon Claude Van Dumb)

Husky15
11-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Good riddance.

Although I can't help but feel a slight sense of fear. Edwina's Secretary makes a point.

BC_MoM
11-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Not only making more hatred for the US, but putting them and others (such as us!) at more risk for retaliating.

I'm not even going to state an opinion. I don't agree with anything the US is doing (not just the Saddam thing).

elizabethann
11-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I just wish it was a televised hanging so I could see that bastard swing. :mad:

caseysmom
11-05-2006, 03:03 PM
I just wish it was a televised hanging so I could see that bastard swing. :mad:

Please don't take this the wrong way but this made me crack up. All your posts always seem so mild and sweet it just sounded out of character for you and it made me chuckle :D

Lady's Human
11-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Saddam's execution will be a drop in the bucket as far as hatred for the US. The middle East has been at war with the US for 30+ years. The only difference is that after Sept. 11th we couldn't ignore it any longer.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Saddam's execution will be a drop in the bucket as far as hatred for the US. The middle East has been at war with the US for 30+ years. The only difference is that after Sept. 11th we couldn't ignore it any longer.

Great! Then let's do all we can to further inflame the situation! Good idea.... quite a defeatist attitude you have there!

Lady's Human
11-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Defeatist? No. Realist? Yes.

If we focus on whether the countries in the Middle East "like " or "Hate " the US we've already lost. This is warfare, not a public opinion survey. Our first wars as a nation were with arab states(Barbary wars), and they haven't exactly been buddies at any time in the intervening centuries.

The US hasn't been liked for decades. We have very few reliable allies, and have never had more than a handfull we could really trust. Most of our cold war allies were allies of convenience, and while some have remained allies in name, few will back the words with actions.

lizbud
11-05-2006, 05:39 PM
My fear is that to hang him will fuel more hatred of the US. Already on the news they report anti-US demonstrations...even though the trial was ostensibly Iraqian....it is perceived by the Sunni Muslims to have been orchestrated by the US.

I am very afraid.....

I believe it won't work to our advantage at all, but it's just another reason
for the Islamic extremists to stir up the crowds in anti-US riots & killings.
Not like they don't already have enough reasons. I been afraid the whole
time since Bush became President. Hopiny that Bush & company don't mess
things up so much, we might not ever get the chance to make more positive
changes for this country.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM

If we focus on whether the countries in the Middle East "like " or "Hate " the US we've already lost. This is warfare, not a public opinion survey. Our first wars as a nation were with arab states(Barbary wars), and they haven't exactly been buddies at any time in the intervening centuries.

The US hasn't been liked for decades. We have very few reliable allies, and have never had more than a handfull we could really trust. Most of our cold war allies were allies of convenience, and while some have remained allies in name, few will back the words with actions.

You couldn't be more wrong about the US not being liked for decades. Much of the world was with us after 9/11....Bush & Co. blew that all to....

Once again a semantic difference...you call it "realist" I call it "defeatist"....if we aren't any better as a nation than to think the only solution is killing....

RICHARD
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
9 out of 10 Jihadists prefer American Hatred over the remaining 180 odd nations on the planet.

Hmmm

We can always do the Somalia Sulk and invete those AH's to our door step.

Here's the message...

We will tuck tail and you guys win...

Come to Lost Angeles-We have a bunch of really cool places to bomb.

---------------------------------------

I'd like to introduce Pessimism and Optimism into the conversation....

I apologize for the self loathing comment......Air America is bankrupt.

sandragonfly
11-05-2006, 07:40 PM
...hanging?? where?

death of saddam makes it worse or not, trust in god's hand. faith comes from a reason.

so long saddam, thanks for getting us closer.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 07:41 PM

And you may have heard....GW himself has mentioned it a few times....Saddam and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11... although it is very effective to scare people by linking the two. Not very honest...but effective.

Lady's Human
11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Did I say anything, anywhere in this thread that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11?

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM

I guess you have a short memory! Or think....like GW & Co. ...if you mention the two together but don't exactly SAY one had to do with the other....

So...if you are not saying one has to do with the other...why did you bring up 9/11 in a thread about Saddam?

Lady's Human
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Ooookay,

The middle east, has been, in one form or another, through terrorist attacks, overt warfare, covert warfare, and any other form of unpleasantness you care to list, been having a rather nasty spat with the US since the late 1960's/early 1970's (Depending on which action you choose as the start of the nastiness)

Most of the US population took little to no notice of the various and sundry nasty events in the 1960's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.

It took 9/11 (regardless of WHO was behind it) to wake up most of the US population to the fact that Hey! These guys don't like us very much!

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Ooookay,
The middle east, has been, in one form or another, through terrorist attacks, overt warfare, covert warfare, and any other form of unpleasantness you care to list, been having a rather nasty spat with the US since the late 1960's/early 1970's (Depending on which action you choose as the start of the nastiness)

Most of the US population took little to no notice of the various and sundry nasty events in the 1960's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.

It took 9/11 (regardless of WHO was behind it) to wake up most of the US population to the fact that Hey! These guys don't like us very much!

Oh...now I understand...we invaded Iraq to wake the American public up to the fact that we aren't popular in the Middle East.

Silly me....pity I am not as smart as whoever came up with THAT one!

Lady's Human
11-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Sara,

Let me just leave it at the fact that your "Logic"? escapes me.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Sara,

Let me just leave it at the fact that your "Logic"? escapes me.

We can leave it that your odd justifications for invasions don't leave me much to work with....(how I hate ending a sentence in a preposition!) It is difficult to apply logic to fiction!

Lady's Human
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Sara,

NOWHERE in this thread did I make any comments about any justification for the invasions of Iraq.

Ditto for 9/11 being Iraq's fault.

I was responding to the theory that Saddam's death will make the US more hated in the region, which is basically impossible. They have hated us for decades, will continue to hate us, and it really doesn't bloody well matter what we do.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Sara,

NOWHERE in this thread did I make any comments about any justification for the invasions of Iraq.

Ditto for 9/11 being Iraq's fault.

I was responding to the theory that Saddam's death will make the US more hated in the region, which is basically impossible. They have hated us for decades, will continue to hate us, and it really doesn't bloody well matter what we do.

Then why...why did you bring up 9/11?

You accused me of being illogical. That is the pot calling the kettle black.

The Barbary Wars....very real but let's try some more recent history...else we have to add Britain, Germany, Japan, etc.

We were attacked by a group of men from Afganistan and Saudi Arabia...so...according to what you said....we invaded a country. (looks like them???? speaks the same language??? same part of the world) 'cause we were mad as hell and not going to take it anymore?????) Does it matter WHAT country?

Like so many...you are ready to throw 9/11 into the discussion whether it is relevant or not.

I again say...defeatist....

(but as long as I don't say it for more than...what is it...3 minutes...it is not a personal attack.... ;) )

Lady's Human
11-05-2006, 11:16 PM
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

RICHARD
11-06-2006, 02:36 AM
whether it is relevant or not.

You know it's a relevant if it has tusks, big ears and wrinkly skin.

For the record....

I brought up 9/11....actually It was 9/10.

Husky15
11-06-2006, 08:04 AM
I don't wanna get involved in a fight ... but wouldn't you think that hanging Saddam would get America more enemies. I mean, I think America has enough enemies from over there.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-06-2006, 08:20 AM
My money is on it never actually happening.....

Edwina's Secretary
11-06-2006, 10:13 AM
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Not if it isn't thirsty.......

(what...you think you are the only one who can make innane comments??? ;) :) )

And far more...Rushian...would be to use the Dorothy Parker version of the quote!

RICHARD
11-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't wanna get involved in a fight ... but wouldn't you think that hanging Saddam would get America more enemies. I mean, I think America has enough enemies from over there.

For example...

Look at what the women's soccer teams did to the world.... :cool: :D

lvpets2002
11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
:o Now thats a good one Richard :p I myself tend to aggree with Brody's Mum I dont think there will be a hanging :( .. Now what makes me sick is how Saddam wont be man & take his deserved punishment & is still crawling like a snake :mad: ..
For example...

Look at what the women's soccer teams did to the world.... :cool: :D

mugsy
11-06-2006, 12:00 PM
If we really want to get technical, there hasn't been peace in the Middle East in THOUSANDS of years. And honestly, has there ever been a time in U.S. History where the Middle East hasn't had issues with us? And now it's mostly the fruit loop extremists in Iraq that have trouble with us.

As far as Saddam, I don't think that hanging him is going to do anymore damage than has already been done. But, I will say that they better have a pretty big fire going in that cauldron in hell to burn that man's ego.

Miss Z
11-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I think he should have been snuffed out WAY sooner than this. During the first year or so of the war, we had far more Iraqi support than we do now, now the majority of Iraqis want British and American troops out. I really don't think they have any more faith in us than they did in Saddam. It's too little too late in my mind, but I suppose at least an end to an evil, cruel man.

WolvesRawk
11-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Bye, Sadam! Send us a postcard from HELL!