PDA

View Full Version : Day One Agility Trial Results! [Update with Day Two]

Riptide
11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Heyyy all! Apologies for posting so late :o It's been a loooong day, and as soon as we got home, me & the girls completely crashed on the bed xDD

Anyway - on to the good stuff!

Today there were 5 runs - 2 standard and three games. The day started off with Vegas Blackjack. The object of the game is to score EXACTLY 21 points - no more, no less - in under 60 seconds. Once you do that, you have the choice to perform one of two (or both) "gambles," which are basically sequences the dog has to perform at a distance.

Pixie was PERFECT! We got all 21 points, under time, but decided not to even bother with the gamble, lol. She got a Q and 1st place :D

Kayla started out well, but she's really shy in public (we found out today, lol) and got lost on the course. So, no Q, but it was a good experience for her :)

Next was a standard run. And neither of them Q'ed xD Pixie got freaked out by the teeter for some reason, and she jumped off before it hit the ground (fly-off). Other than that, she was clean ^^ Kayla was also clean up until the table. The judge said it was a stand on the table (in TDAA it's either sit, down, or stand) and she got confused and jumped off. So again, no Q, but yes fun :D

Next was another game, called Weakest Link. It's kinda hard to explain, but basically you pick your own course (the obstacles have different point values) but you your next obstacle has to be worth as much as or more than the previous obstacle.

Pixie Q'd and got 1st place! And Kayla left the ring to potty, lol.

Next was another standard, the last standard of the day. Pixie did not Q (she freaked out about the teeter again), but she got 1st place anyway (because none of the other dogs Q'ed either and they had more faults).

Kayla's run, however was BEAUTIFUL! She Q'd and got 2nd place! :D A friend of ours, Karin, and her sheltie, Kiwi, were two seconds faster than us, so they took home the blue ^^

And lastly was Weavers, a course made of only tunnels and weaves. Pixie was entered but I didn't bother with Kayla...she's still learning, lol. Pixie did not Q, but brought home 3rd place ^^

So yesssss, overall a VERY successful weekend! And perhaps the most exciting news...

Pixie earned her TG1 (Teacup Games 1) title!! Her first title ever! So now she gets to run in intermediate :D

So thanks to everyone for wishing us luck, I think it worked! :D And don't worry, pictures are coming as soon as I can get them resized ^^

Riptide
11-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Here are a few pictures! My dad had to time, because our timer didn't show up, so these are only pictures from the warm up. I'll get some of Pixie tomorrow ^^

Big over!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Dynamutt/kaylaovertrial.jpg

Go tire!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Dynamutt/kaylaovertrial2.jpg

Go weave!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Dynamutt/kaylaweavetrial2.jpg

Yayyy cookies!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Dynamutt/kaylaweavetrial.jpg

My beautiful girl relaxing before her run ^^
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Dynamutt/pixiere.jpg

Flatcoatluver
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Great Pictures and Tell the girls I said good job!! I would be so thrilled about those results, usally the first day of the trial is always the worst for us. Good luck for tormorrow!

Ginger's Mom
11-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Way to go, girls! It sounds like a good day. Kayla looks like she is having a great time. :) And thanks for the picture of that adorable Pixie, I will look forward to seeing more pictures of her.

Pixie Q'd and got 1st place! And Kayla left the ring to potty, lol.
LOL, and that is why I love dogs. They don't care about scores and who is watching them, they take care of things in their own time.

cloverfdx
11-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Congratulations :D, what a great job the girls both did... you must be very proud of them. Love the photos aswell, nothing like seeing dogs out and about having fun ;). Goodluck for day two.

borzoimom
11-05-2006, 06:54 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Congratualtions! Beautiful pictures- I love her intensity out of the weaves especially..
As far as shy in public- dogs will sort of surprise you. I thought Galinas first time out she would be- but she wasnt- and the next time, I expected confidence and she was having a second look around. Maybe it was just that perticular day. .. She will get it...
I would rather have a day out with my dogs than anything else- and obviously - you feel the same...

GreyhoundGirl
11-05-2006, 09:38 AM
And her favourite part would've been the cookies, than? :D Way to go ! :) I'm glad she did well.

wolfsoul
11-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Great pics! Congrats! :)

Chilli
11-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Congratulations!! :D
It sounded like a fun day, and great pictures!

Riptide
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks so much, everyone! The girls & I appreciate all the kind words :D

Unfortunately, today didn't go as well. Pixie was just tired of being at the trial (I don't blame her, lol) so she decided not to work. She would do the first obstacle or so, then just leave the ring...so we got eliminated in all 4 runs today. Kayla did alright too, but there was a different judge today, so when we were in the ring she wouldn't go anywhere near where the judge was standing, and she would try to hide in the tunnel, LOL. Kayla also E'd in 2/4 of the runs. She got 4th place (no Q) in standard, but she came through in the last run of the day - Blind Man's Bluff - with a Q and 1st place :D

Hopefully there will be more pictures today - a friend of mine who is a professional photographer stopped by on saturday and got a few pictures of every dog, put them on a disc and gave me a copy, so I'll be sure to load them later ^^

k9krazee
11-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Great pics! Sounds like you guys had fun :D And congrats on Pixie's first title, that's awesome!