PDA

View Full Version : Memphis needs a home!

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 12:37 PM
She is at the shelter where I volunteer and she is going kennel crazy. :(
I wish I could foster her, but I can't. :( If you know anyone that is looking for a hound or a professional couch potato, or just a faithful companion..
please show them Memphis! She is sweet as can be.

http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-D0309.jpg

http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-D0309.html

borzoimom
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
what state and about where ?? ( just nearby a major city please..)

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I live in Butte, Montana and that's where the shelter I volunteer is at. :)

borzoimom
11-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I live in Butte, Montana and that's where the shelter I volunteer is at. :)
Really out of my area, but let me try..

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 12:55 PM
thanks!

borzoimom
11-04-2006, 01:00 PM
alright need more info- about how old is she, any idea if she is spayed? Is she in a no kill shelter or a pound? Any idea why she was given up or was she a stray?

MagicForPets
11-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Aww poor girl!
Oh borzoimom I really hope you adopt her! You're such a friendy and caring person :)

*iluvskipper*
11-04-2006, 01:04 PM
What area of Montana?? Is it like eastern? or what?

borzoimom
11-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Aww poor girl!
Oh borzoimom I really hope you adopt her! You're such a friendy and caring person :)
HOney- I cant adopt her, but I have dog people but meanwhile others are working on this too..

chocolatepuppy
11-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Pawsitive thoughts for Memphis getting a home soon.

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 07:51 PM
alright need more info- about how old is she, any idea if she is spayed? Is she in a no kill shelter or a pound? Any idea why she was given up or was she a stray?

YES she is spayed and someone loved her at some point because she came to us and she was spayed. (meaning she was spayed and we didn't have to spay her ;)) She is at a no-kill shelter. Animal control brought her to us and she was a stray. We only want the best home possible for her. She's a sweetheart and any family would be lucky to have her..but if anyone is interested needs to know the breed. Hounds are not for everyone. I love my hound, Buster to death and they are truly one of the best dogs out there. Plus, they have A LOT of energy and need lots of exercise, follow their nose and bark non-stop. AND you have to know what you're getting yourself into as well. oh yeah, she's around 9 months - a year. :)

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 07:52 PM
What area of Montana?? Is it like eastern? or what?

northwest :)

petslover
11-04-2006, 07:56 PM
aww. I hope she gets a home.. She looks exactly like my Ziggy except for she is alot skinnier... Good Luck.

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 09:40 PM
aww. I hope she gets a home.. She looks exactly like my Ziggy except for she is alot skinnier... Good Luck.
thanks! :)
yeah, she is kinda skinny but that's how her body frame is.. she is at the perfect weight for a hound. :) I thought of Ziggy when I first met Memphis. :D

Husky15
11-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Memphis is so beautiful. I adore hound dogs. Good luck, and I'll be praying that she gets a wonderful home :).

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 09:51 PM
thank you! :) I adore hounds myself, of course I have one but I have always loved hounds! :D I don't see myself living without a hound. :)

Husky15
11-04-2006, 09:56 PM
thank you! :) I adore hounds myself, of course I have one but I have always loved hounds! :D I don't see myself living without a hound. :)

I definitely see myself with a hound in the future. I've always loved Beagles.

luvofallhorses
11-05-2006, 03:42 PM
bump

lovingpaws
11-05-2006, 05:12 PM
She is at the shelter where I volunteer and she is going kennel crazy. :(
I wish I could foster her, but I can't. :( If you know anyone that is looking for a hound or a professional couch potato, or just a faithful companion..
please show them Memphis! She is sweet as can be.

http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-D0309.jpg

http://www.montanapets.org/bas/pictures/06-D0309.html

I don't have any adopters, but some tips to help her thru till she finds her forever home.Does the shelter have a "real life" room she could spend more time. or can she sit in the office of staff, or adoption office to be around people, and out of her kennel/cage. Do volunteers walk the dogs - put her on a list and see if she can be rotated for "shorter" walks 2-3 x's a day. Are toys allowed. See that she gets a Kong by a volunteer daily to keep her busy. I know these sound pretty pitiful, but when dogs start that at shelters I'm/been at we work with staff to provide some outlet. Some dogs do better than others (if you can even call it that) in shelter enviroments, so find the few that occasionally need extra attention and work with others to help them. & they'll make it threw.

luvofallhorses
11-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't have any adopters, but some tips to help her thru till she finds her forever home.Does the shelter have a "real life" room she could spend more time. or can she sit in the office of staff, or adoption office to be around people, and out of her kennel/cage. Do volunteers walk the dogs - put her on a list and see if she can be rotated for "shorter" walks 2-3 x's a day. Are toys allowed. See that she gets a Kong by a volunteer daily to keep her busy. I know these sound pretty pitiful, but when dogs start that at shelters I'm/been at we work with staff to provide some outlet. Some dogs do better than others (if you can even call it that) in shelter enviroments, so find the few that occasionally need extra attention and work with others to help them. & they'll make it threw.

I am basically the only volunteer who walks the dogs..there's people that come to do community service and walk the dogs like twice a week which helps. and there's other volunteers not many that do other things like does the website, does paperwork, call people to see if they found their animals, and fosters, etc. she is out with her buddy Te Koa that is a pit bull puppy and I take them out together and let them play as long as needed. :D yeah, hounds seriously just rot in shelters, because nobody wants a hound. :( and of course toys are allowed! she plays with balls and we have a few kongs that we give her as well. :) I am certain she'll find a home soon, though. She isn't urgent or anything, but she really does need a home. :( She'd make someone a good hunting buddy since she has a lot of potential. Just as long as they treat her right is all I want her to find a loving home with someone who is going to love and cherish her for the rest of her days and make her apart of the family..meaning being inside as well.

lovingpaws
11-05-2006, 05:32 PM
she's really cute, and someone takes good pictures. you could fall in love with each one

luvofallhorses
11-05-2006, 05:34 PM
isn't she, though? :) hehe, I took her picture and take most pictures there for the website. :D I would seriously adopt her in a heartbeat if I wasn't at my limit and if she was good with cats. but I would be so crazy for adopting another hound. ;)

lovingpaws
11-05-2006, 05:47 PM
isn't she, though? :) hehe, I took her picture and take most pictures there for the website. :D I would seriously adopt her in a heartbeat if I wasn't at my limit and if she was good with cats. but I would be so crazy for adopting another hound. ;)

Yes, I hear that "song" from so many vols, it's hard to resist, you literally have to be at limits. I'd take every one - if humanly possible, but millions - bit impossible for me in this life. I'm a pushover....

luvofallhorses
11-05-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm a pushover, too but I just know my limit and know how to resist myself from adopting another animal when I can't afford another animal. :)

GreyhoundGirl
11-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Aww. I have a fondness for beagles, (and similar hounds) and her colouring is lovely. I must also consider that there are many dogs closer to me that must also be saved. Good luck. :)

luvofallhorses
11-05-2006, 08:20 PM
thanks! :) She's not a beagle, though. ;) She's an american foxhound. :)

dab_20
11-05-2006, 09:42 PM
She sure is a beautiful girl, I hope she is adopted very soon!

WarahGirl1995
11-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Oh I only wish I could foster her! But I will look for a person that can.

luvofallhorses
11-05-2006, 11:20 PM
thanks you 2! :) I have a person in my state a couple of hours away from me looking for people who want a hound. Plus I am going to expose her more in 2 other towns as well. :)

k9krazee
11-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Tia, I immediately thought of Ziggy as well!!

She's adorable, I hope she finds her forever family soon!