PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers needed, UPDATE 12/08/06

Reachoutrescue
11-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Well, many of you that know me know that I have a fiance named Dave. He is wonderful. He supports me and my rescue and excepts every animal I bring in with open arms. He has always been there to lend a helping hand whether it is to pull an animal or to give a flea bath!! Now he needs a little help.

His mother had a heart attack a while back and has been recovering well. Well, tonight she was admitted to the hospital. She went to a dr. apt for shortness of breath, and they sent her to the emergency room. They did x-rays and a catscan. They found fluid on her lung and a mass. They are not sure if it is lung cancer of if it is just damage due to when she was in the hospital from the heart attack. She was on a resperator for over a month back then. They think that may be it. Dave is, of course, very worried, but staying positive.

Please, PTers, send some prayers for Dave. He needs some rescuing now.

I will post more when I know more.

Thank you.

junescrater716
11-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Our prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope she gets better!!!

CultureJunky
11-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Tracy and Dave, my thoughts are prayers are with you. I am praying that good things will be sent to you to comfort and bring you hope and strength.

Soapets
11-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska..............

Deb

Alysser
11-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Prayers for Dave and his mom!

Laura's Babies
11-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Prayers for him and his mother are sent!

ramanth
11-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Many prayers sent. *hugs*

Reachoutrescue
11-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers. We still do not know anything. I will let you all know when we find something out.

NoahsMommy
11-04-2006, 02:23 PM
I'll keep Dave and his mother in my prayers. Would you mind telling us her first name, just so I can pray for her using her name?

Thank you! :)

They'll remain in my nightly prayers.

Hugs,
Kelly

rg_girlca
11-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh Tracy I am so sorry to hear about Dave's Mom.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Dave, his Mom and you.

((((((HUGS))))))

krazyaboutkatz
11-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Reachoutrescue
11-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I'll keep Dave and his mother in my prayers. Would you mind telling us her first name, just so I can pray for her using her name?

Thank you! :)

They'll remain in my nightly prayers.

Hugs,
Kelly
I am so sorry, I should of told you guys her name sooner. Dave's mom's name is Helen Ray. She is only 46 yrs. old.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers everybody. Like I said, once we know something, I will post again.

Reachoutrescue
11-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Well, I went with Dave yesterday to see Helen, (his mom). She is in very good spirits and seems to be fine. She said she just gets short of breath. We are still waiting for the doctor to do test on her to find out what it is. I guess they work slow on weekends. Hopefully we will know something by tomorrow, till then, it is a waiting game.

K9karen
11-05-2006, 12:44 PM
:eek: How scary! So young! And especially right after losing our young Corinna!

Special prayers being sent her way. Blessings on all of you.

kimlovescats
11-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Prayers for Helen and Dave! ;)

ramanth
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Continued prayers for the family! :)

Husky15
11-06-2006, 11:24 AM
:eek: How scary! So young! And especially right after losing our young Corinna!

Yes, exactly. Corinna and Helen are both so young, especially for Helen to be going through this. My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

gini
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
You can count on my prayers for Dave and Helen too - with a few thrown in for you for good measure!

Reachoutrescue
11-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, but please keep them going.

They drained the fluid and did a byopsy on the mass. Well, the test results are in. It is cancer. I am in shock. I don't know what else to say.

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

K9karen
11-09-2006, 12:39 AM
If caught in time, lung cancer isn't a death sentence anymore. Please try to be positive. I know it's hard, it's so frightening, but I'm sure she'll get wonderful medical care.

Our Slick is doing well (Thank you God), and my elderly uncle, is also doing great.

I'm praying they caught it in time and that treatment has begun.
Hugs to you during this difficult time, and prayers for Helen, Dave and you.

kimlovescats
11-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Oh Tracy, I'm terribly sorry to hear this! Did they say what grade it is, how far it has progressed? I'm praying that it is in the early stages and surgery / treatments will take care of it! Please give Dave my love and prayers for his mom!

Hugs,
Kim

Lori Jordan
11-09-2006, 07:56 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/floralbestwishespgMA11570505252D042.jpg

Catty1
11-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Tracy - HUGS to you and Dave. Remember - inoperable is not the same as incurable. Hopefully they will tackle this along with Dave's mom.

Although it is REALLY hard to do, I have heard that inspiring Dave's mom with a fighting spirit is a good thing - it will encourage her.

hugs and prayers......PLEASE keep us posted, WHEN you feel up to it.

Reachoutrescue
11-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Well, for those that have read this thread, you know of Dave's mom, Helen, being diagnosed with Cancer. Here is an update. The fluid around her lungs was tested positive for cancer. The mass on her lungs was negative. They have put tubes in her lungs to drain the fluid and keep it draining. It is not lung cancer, but cancer of the fluid and it has spread into the chest bone. They believe to have been developed due to her past breast cancer. They are starting Chemo next week. Prayers are still needed. They are not sure on what stage it is in or what the prognoses (sorry I can not spell) is or will be. They are just taking it one step at a time. All we can do now is wait. Thank you everybody for you continued thoughts and prayers. I will post more when more is known.

Tracy-

Soapets
11-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Continuing thoughts and prayers from Nebraska.....................

Catty1
11-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Hugs and prayers! Sounds like Helen beat worse than this before...she will again, I betcha!

My mom's name is Helen, and she beat hers at 38 - now working out 3x a week and doing power walks at 73!

I figger it's a good omen! :)

Cataholic
11-11-2006, 07:11 PM
How very scary for Helen, and those that love her. Prayers that this will be beaten.

krazyaboutkatz
11-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Many more prayers and positive thoughts are being sene Helen's way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

kimlovescats
11-11-2006, 09:03 PM
I've never heard of a cancer in a body fluid. I pray that the treatments will take care of this, and Helen will be feeling better again before long! ;)

Reachoutrescue
11-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Thank you everybody. Helen had surgery again today to remove some tubes. Her veins are pretty bad due to her last chemo. They also put a medport in to give chemo and draw blood. She is in good spirits and says that she should be going home in a few days. She will do chemo through out-patient once a week. I will keep you all posted. Again, Dave, Helen, and I thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Tracy-

Pawsitive Thinking
11-14-2006, 10:47 AM
{{{{hugs}}}} for you all

Reachoutrescue
11-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Well, Helen is home from the hospital. She is to start Chemo on Tuesday. We are staying positive. My Nauna (grandmother in Italian) was in the hospital yesterday. She is 88 yrs old. She had pain in her breast, arm, and back. They did test and found a mass on her breast (we knew about that on though) and on her lung. That is all I know. I also know they sent her home. Nobody will tell me anything. I hate being left in the dark. We are just happy that my Nauna is home and that Helen is home. One day at a time.

rg_girlca
11-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Tracy, even though I haven't post much on here, I have been falling this thread.

I am so glad to hear that Helen is home now and prayers will continue that she has a full recovery.

I will also keep your Nauna in my prayers.

((((((HUGS)))))) to you and Dave.

Marigold2
11-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Wishing everyone in your family strength, laughter, hope and prayers. Marigold2

joycenalex
11-19-2006, 08:32 PM
as marigold said. you are all in my thoughts

kimlovescats
11-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Prayers for Helen and your dear Nauna!

Reachoutrescue
12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Well, since last time I posted, not much has changed. Helen is going through Chemo. Everything seems good so far. She is feeling a little better. The fluid in her lungs is slowly going down. Everyday there is less and less that ends up in the bottle that she has attached to her side. All we can do is wait and pray. My Nauna is doing a little better, but she now has shingles. I know she has to be in pain...I had them and they suck! Thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers though all this. (((HUGS))) to everybody.

Reachoutrescue
12-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, the cancer has spread to Helen's Limphnoids and her breast bone. They are hoping chemo does the trick. Please keep the prayers going...

Thank you.

Catty1
12-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Prayers are yours!

I hope Helen is in good spirits...fight on, Helen!

Pembroke_Corgi
12-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear about her health problems...I will keep her in my thoughts.

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear this latest sad update.:( She continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.