PDA

View Full Version : Invisible fence

sisterdog
06-08-2002, 04:23 PM
I got so excited doing my first post, I forgot to ask my question.
I recently moved to the country and no longer have a backyard and the ground is too rocky to set fenceposts. My labbie mixes aren't trustworthy off-leash and they need a space to exercise and play. Has anyone had any experience with invisible or wireless fence systems - the kind where the dog wears a collar and gets a "correction" when getting to the perimeter of the area?

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-08-2002, 04:46 PM
No I Havn't .... I don't have any doggies.. just kitties...
My supervisor at work has an electric fence thought and he says it works good for his Chow Chow that kept getting out. But it is funny cause he says sometimes he will paw at the fence and when it shocks him he will get mad and just bark and bark at it... silly dog ;)

AmberLee
06-08-2002, 05:24 PM
I have no personal experience with them, but there was a nasty case reported in the newspaper a while back. A dog was attacked inside his 'invisible fence' yard by a gang of loose wild dogs. I would hope it's a very rare thing, but it did make me realize that standard fences work two ways: fencing things OUT as well as IN. Good luck to you.

sisterdog
06-08-2002, 05:35 PM
Yes, I have thought about that kind of situation. I mainly want the fence for letting them out to pee in the night, and getting to run and play together while I'm at home. They have a 12x30 kennel space that they use during the day while we're at work.