PDA

View Full Version : Do you hold a grudge?

zoomer
11-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Do you hold a grudge? Like stay mad at something that happened a while ago? Or do you forget about it and get over things easily?

zoomer
11-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I hold grudges usually... with people I usually hold grudges but with animals I do not.

CathyBogart
11-03-2006, 09:28 AM
I do sometimes. I used to all the time. When I realized that was something I had inherited from my father, I was determined to expunge that trait. I've done a fair job, I think.

Miss Z
11-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Usually, yes. If that person makes a heart-felt apology, I respect that, and I think it takes a stronger person to say sorry sincerely to me than to not do something hurtful towards me in the first place.

Other than that, I can hold life-long grudges.

BC_MoM
11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Sometimes - but I try not to.

Zippy
11-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Sometimes I do but it takes to much energy to hold a grudge for long.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I try not to - life is too short

dogzr#1
11-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Usually. Over the internet I do it a lot. In real life, not so much. And I do it even less with animals. Hardly ever do I hold a grudge against an animal.

JenBKR
11-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Almost never, I get over most things pretty quickly. Most things are just not worth the time and effort it takes to hold a grudge.

A lot of you are still pretty young, I think that with time, maturity, and experience at least some of you will stop holding grudges as much :)

Chilli
11-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Rarely.
I don't let things get to me. :D
If something happens that upsets me, I just talk it out and move on.

No use living in the past.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Sometimes I do, but very rarely.

lwds
11-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Depends.

k9krazee
11-03-2006, 03:35 PM
No, I tend to forgive and forget very easily, life is too short to hold grudges!

GreyhoundGirl
11-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Usually. Over the internet I do it a lot. In real life, not so much. And I do it even less with animals. Hardly ever do I hold a grudge against an animal.
Me too. I've never held a gruge against an animal.

chocolatepuppy
11-03-2006, 05:11 PM
I voted sometimes. I usually get over things, in time, it's not worth it. I may not be friends with someone anymore, but I let the 'grudge' go. ;)

zoomer
11-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Me too. I've never held a gruge against an animal.
Thats the same with me, too. I may hold one for a minute, but no longer :p

Suki Wingy
11-03-2006, 05:59 PM
not really, I'd say theirs one person who I don't want anything to do with because of a false claim that Layla bit her, and that was the one time she didn't even try to nip. There are some people who I'm cautious of but I don't totally hate them.

finn's mom
11-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I forgive completely and instantly when people ask for forgiveness. And, if they don't, I eventually forgive anyway, and, usually pretty quickly. I don't forget things, and depending on the intimacy of the friendship or relationship, I don't always keep them in my circle of friends. Grudges take up way too much time and energy.

Twisterdog
11-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh, I try not to. I think for the most part I don't, but once in a while there is some truly nasty person (like my sister) who repeatedly does horrible things, and have to admit ... I hold a lot of resentment towards her.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I can forgive, but don't always forget. I try not to hold grudges, but sometimes (depending on how deep the wound is) it takes a long time to forgive. My mom hurt me and my family and it took me years to forgive her, I've never forgotten it though and I know our relationship will never be the same.

There is one family (yes a whole family) that said some very hurtful things to both Justin and me. Not one of them has asked for forgiveness (and they know it's hurtful because Justin's mom said something to them about it), yet every time we see them they continue to say those things. I have not forgiven them yet. We try to avoid seeing them.

cali
11-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I try but it doesnt work lol my "grudges" rarely last longer then an hour or 2 lol

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
I am not one to hold grudges UNLESS someone abuses an animal, hurts my family or friends, or hurts a child or a person in any way..otherwise I forgive and forget. :)

luvofallhorses
11-04-2006, 09:55 PM
btw I would NEVER hold a grudge over an animal. :) that's just silly imo.

Vette
11-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Um..... depends on what it is. normally i let it slide. but some stuff.... sticks with me a while

IRescue452
11-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Never, and sometimes I consider how forgiving I am to be my biggest downfall, people walk all over me, repeatedly.

Argranade
11-06-2006, 11:28 AM
I have a grudge on the racoon that killed my first pet pigeon, when I found blood and feathers all over the killer walked right up to my legs looked up at me and I felt like killing the thing but I coulden't even tho there was a metal shovel right beside me and I had a chance, Im not like that.

I was around 14 when this happned, I don't care if it's nature I hate that racoon ..

I wish I could replay that day and fix everything.

Other than that I don't hold a grudge on anything else.

lvpets2002
11-06-2006, 11:42 AM
I try not to - life is too short
;) Never Ever with my babies.. Now sometimes with two legged morans & but for not too long.. If I am upset at someone or something then I work it off with some good house cleaning & or get involved with some play time with my babies & puff all grudges gone..

IRescue452
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't hold a grudge against the raccoon. The pigeon was domesticated and captive and didn't stand a fighting chance, not the raccoons fault. Raccoons ate my sister's baby rabbits when she had them in a pen outside. They couldn't escape the cage that humans put them in.

Argranade
11-06-2006, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't hold a grudge against the raccoon. The pigeon was domesticated and captive and didn't stand a fighting chance, not the raccoons fault. Raccoons ate my sister's baby rabbits when she had them in a pen outside. They couldn't escape the cage that humans put them in.

Im still mad at it.

sumbirdy
11-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I do sometimes. It really just depends on the person that makes me mad.