PDA

View Full Version : personal true funny story

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 08:08 AM
As many of you know, I have had surgery recently with one more to go. anyway= yesterday when the nurse tried to wake me up, I kept calling for "Galina" in an insistating voice- to the point I was getting upset.. Anyway- to calm me down, they sent a nurse out into the lobby looking for this "Galina" .. Of course- no one answered, so the nurse came back in and asked me what Galinas' last name one- to which I replied in a aggravated voice " COPELAND".. SHE went back out of course finding no one, and my husband had gone home to take care of the dogs, and wasnt there to be asked. Anyway- when I was fully awake they asked me if Galina was my daughter, my mother, a female friend .. to which I giggled and said " thats one of my dogs...why??" The nurses started to grin at each other, and said that was the first time someone barely out of anethesia asked for one of their dogs.. rofl..

critter crazy
11-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Awwww...That is so sweet!!! He he he he he he! What would have been better was if they had let her visit you!:D

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Awwww...That is so sweet!!! He he he he he he! What would have been better was if they had let her visit you!:D
Well the joke is, she could have but not a surgical wing.. They go to that hospital for therapy work with children with cancer..

Miss Z
11-03-2006, 08:44 AM
LOL! How sweet, I think it's great you called for your dog :D

It would be very funny if I called out for 'Tia', then had to explain to nurses that she is my RAT! :p

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 08:46 AM
LOL! How sweet, I think it's great you called for your dog :D

It would be very funny if I called out for 'Tia', then had to explain to nurses that she is my RAT! :p
Not realizing of course she really was.. rofl.. ! ( ouch... note to self - no laughing..)

pitc9
11-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Good thing your hubby was not there, he might have been insulted that you were calling for a pup instead of him! :D ;)

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 09:24 AM
actually my honey understood- after all- he left me in surgery to go take care of the dogs... lol. We are devoted dog people, and know they cant take care of themselves unlike us..

Pawsitive Thinking
11-03-2006, 09:26 AM
That's fantastic!

My colleague gave me a lift home last night and we saw my hubby out with the dogs and instead of saying "there's Pete" I said "there's my doggies"

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Either of us come in the house we say hi to the dogs first.. lol..

Pawsitive Thinking
11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Either of us come in the house we say hi to the dogs first.. lol..

Surely, that's normal :D

Lobodeb
11-03-2006, 11:10 AM
That's funny!

A while back, I was dating a guy. I had to go out of town and he offered to watch my dog for me. When I got back, he showed up on my doorstep a day early with her. He got mad at me because I went to hug her first. :o

Here's to show you how one-track-minded my husband is. A while back, he had a head injury (someone hit him in the head with a crow bar) and was in a coma for a month. What was the first thing he said when we woke up? "What happend with the Bulls?" :rolleyes:

trayi52
11-03-2006, 12:01 PM
That is so funny and so sweet! I bet those nurses felt funny. LOL, them out there in the waiting room calling for a dog! What would have been funny, is if Galina had been there and come running when called!

Willie :)

MajesticCollies
11-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Only you Michelle!!! lol

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 12:10 PM
lolllllllllllllllllllll YUP!! :D

K9karen
11-03-2006, 12:27 PM
First off.. hope your surgery went well and you're not too uncomfortable! Get Well Soon!

Uh..not so unusual...when I was rushed to the hospital after my wrist was almost bitten off, my only concern was Mz Logan! My brother stayed with me, but I made my BF stay home to make sure she was OK, feed her, console her etc. I also demanded "You better let her sleep in the bed tonight since I'm not there!"

Ah, yeah, what'd we do without them?

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 01:01 PM
It as well as it could now. I have one more surgery.
anyway- Galina is the problem child that needs my intervention the most is my guess why her..