PDA

View Full Version : Heart Twitches?

sandragonfly
11-02-2006, 07:12 PM
:confused: have anyone experience heart twitches (sudden spasmodic muscular movement)?? because dunno if that means anything, bad, good or dangerous.. I'm sure many of you have had eyelid twitches, I forgot what that means.

all day, I mean, all day, I'd swear it's one of those heart arteries twitched.. distracted me a couple of times during classes, wondering what that was. it just twitched again, and is pretty annoying now lol. :rolleyes:

strange but cool feeling ..

:confused:

Dorothy39
11-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Well, I'm not sure what a "twitch" feels like, but ---

I found out, in my mid 30's, that I had Athsma ( not sure if I spelled it right), which in turn, caused a less than needed amount of oxygen in my blood stream, which in turn, would case rapid heart palpitations when I exerted myself, as in mowing the lawn or exercising.

These heart palpitations felt like~~pearls on a string~~~ and scared the daylights out of me~~~

I've since recovered remarkably well ( it's been a long , long , time :) )

Does this discribe your symtoms?

BitsyNaceyDog
11-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Is it like a fluttering? I believe it's a pretty common thing. I know several people, including myself, that have that. For some people it can be more sever than for others, mine is quite mild. My friend used to get them really bad and then she'd pass out, she was on medication for it for a long time.

Soapets
11-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Those are called palpitations, and you need to find out the cause. Your doctor may want you to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours, which will record your heartbeat continually during that time. Cardiologists will read the recordings and can tell exactly where in the heart the palpitations are coming from. It may or may not be serious, but you need to get it checked out so you will know the cause and whether or not it needs treatment.

Sometimes it can be caused by thyroid problems, which can cause other problems in your system as well.

PLEASE tell your doctor about these, and get them checked out! Let us know what you find out.................

Deb

trayi52
11-02-2006, 11:59 PM
You could be, like everyone is saying, having palpatations. My husbands has those, and takes a medication for that. He said it did not feel like twitches, and that you definitely did need to see a doctor. Anything to do with the heart is a dangerous thing, so please do go to the doctor, Gina! My husband has had heart trouble practically all his life, and had open heart surgery too. Still having trouble.

Gina, did you drink anything with caffiene in it? That can cause palpatations. Be sure and have a doctor check your heart out, okay?

Willie

BC_MoM
11-03-2006, 12:38 AM
LOL! Sounds like palpitations to me, too! I get them quite often - they're really nothing to worry about.

What causes heart palpitations?
Many things can cause palpitations. Some causes of heart palpitations include the following:

Heart-related causes:
People with an irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia may also have palpitations. (Arrhythmia is a change in the rhythm of your heartbeat.) Most of the time, palpitations and irregular heartbeats are harmless. However, sometimes the break in your heart's normal rhythm can be a serious problem. You also may have palpitations if you have problems with the valves in your heart. Valves help move blood through the heart.

Non-heart-related causes:
Certain medicines, herbal supplements and illegal street drugs can make your heart beat faster. Medicines that can cause palpitations include asthma inhalers and decongestants. Caffeine (found in coffee, tea and soda), alcohol and tobacco can also cause palpitations. People who have panic disorder feel their heart pounding when they are fearful of something or having a panic attack. Some medical conditions, such as thyroid disease and anemia, also can cause palpitations.

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 04:35 AM
:confused: have anyone experience heart twitches (sudden spasmodic muscular movement)?? because dunno if that means anything, bad, good or dangerous.. I'm sure many of you have had eyelid twitches, I forgot what that means.

all day, I mean, all day, I'd swear it's one of those heart arteries twitched.. distracted me a couple of times during classes, wondering what that was. it just twitched again, and is pretty annoying now lol. :rolleyes:

strange but cool feeling ..

:confused:
Well I would check with a doctor, but I do it if my blood sugar gets low. I am hypoglycemic.. But the doctor diagnosed it- not me.. And it took several tests to find this.

Miss Z
11-03-2006, 05:47 AM
I sometimes randomly shiver when I'm not cold, but it doesn't happen very often. Not sure if that's the same thing as what you experience, but I think mine is related to my low blood pressure.

Laura's Babies
11-03-2006, 08:28 AM
If you have been feeling tired and your butt has been dragging... GET TO A DOCTOR ASAP and don't let them brush you off!

Logan
11-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Gina, none of us are doctors (that I know of), so speaking with your physician would be the best thing to do, just to be safe. Have you taken any decongestants lately? On two occassions, in the last year or so, I experienced a "racing" heart that felt like what you are describing and both times, it was after taking a strong decongestant (one was a 24 hour Claritin D and the other was Zyrtec D). Needless to say, I won't be taking those again!

Logan

IRescue452
11-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Having them currently. But that's because I've spent half the morning hypoventilating. I lack nerves of steel.

sandragonfly
11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
yikes.. heart problems?? I've never had any heart or asthma problem...hmm. no, I don't think it was fluttering and am not on any decongestants.

I did a little research on palpitations, it doesn't look like if I have it.. not enough fitting symptoms. I remember I had a double-size can of iced arizona tea on that morning, so, probably was because of the caffine but I've had many before that day I posted about this twitch. :confused:

I did have irregular heartbeats lately in couple last few weeks because of like irescue, plenty hyperventilations. I only had odd twitches for a day and half.

I'm going to see the doctor at my school tomorrow for liver/kidney function follow-up and I will ask her about heart twitches.

please keep pray that it's not a big deal...I just hope I won't have to deal with new exams anymore this soon.

thanks friends.

sandragonfly
11-08-2006, 04:19 PM
okay .. went to doctor, didn't find twitches too worried. but yes, probably palpitations. sorry if I wasn't clear in post above, I mean twitches = not palpitations, haven't had some in a while now.

anyway, with symptoms given - doctor thinks it had something to do with my thyroid because of heredity herstory...beautiful generation. :rolleyes: so, she had my blood taken yesterday (the next day) and will see my levels of blood/thyroid by next week, hopefully.

sigh. I miss heart twitches...lol.

IRescue452
11-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Well, I hope all goes well with you.