PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane with hip displasia

kuhio98
11-02-2006, 10:18 AM
See the thread in General: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115785 Diamond has severe hip displasia and is in urgent need of surgery to repair her hips so that she can live pain free and have functional use of her hips.

Presently Diamond is in extreme pain and has great difficulty in standing up from a laying position and Diamond cannot get in or out of a car or van or up or down steps without assistance due to her hip displasia. Diamonds right hip has severe displasia and her left hip has moderate hip displasia.

Diamond is in need of a surgery called Bilateral Femoral Head and Neck Excision which means that false hip joints need to be created so that Diamonds hips and head sockets can move easily to allow normal movements and relieve the extreme pain Diamond is currently experiencing.

http://www.imom.org/pin/gf/diamond-coda.jpg

borzoimom
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
That surgery is extensive but usually permanent. also ask your vet about a product called "Glycoflex 3" . Its made for dogs, especially big ones, that have had joint surgery. It sure did help hottie alot, and I believe the reason why is able to recoperate so fast..

kuhio98
11-02-2006, 03:45 PM
That surgery is extensive but usually permanent. also ask your vet about a product called "Glycoflex 3" . Its made for dogs, especially big ones, that have had joint surgery. It sure did help hottie alot, and I believe the reason why is able to recoperate so fast..Are you going to post this suggestion in Diamond's thread on the IMOM board? If not, would you mind if I copied and pasted it over there?

borzoimom
11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Are you going to post this suggestion in Diamond's thread on the IMOM board? If not, would you mind if I copied and pasted it over there?
YOu go right ahead. I would do the same but I had surgery today with another tomorrow and kind of out of it,= but I do feel a little better..
Glycoflex3 is a total gem! I can tell if hottie doesnt take it oneeeeeeee day! He went lame on me for 2 days because I ran out, and they didnt have the 3. I put him back on it, and you would never know he was lame a few days ago!!! Its that good!

kuhio98
11-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks. I copied it over there. I hope you recover quickly!

borzoimom
11-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks. I copied it over there. I hope you recover quickly!
I am okay.. and ready for the last one too.. Please do not worry.. If you need more infor, just private message me.
Hottie got OCD at a young age from an accident running at 35 mph into a fence. I might be able to help, if nothing else the questions to ask your vet..

tikeyas_mom
11-03-2006, 12:33 PM
oh no!!
Thats such a horrible thing some dogs get.. I pray Baby (my parents great dane) doesnt ever have to deal with the pain of hip displasia, her parents were both cleared of it, so im sure she wont have it

kuhio98
11-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Diamond has received $831 in donations so far!! Slowly, but surely we're getting there. Hopefully, Diamond will be free of pain soon.
http://64.176.8.124/community/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1098
Please continue to cross-post. Thank you!