PDA

View Full Version : Chirping cats??

pam_pesto
06-08-2002, 12:58 PM
Does anyone else's cat chirp? My little Mooey sounds like a bird... and not only that, but his chirps start with what sounds like a trill, a rolling of an "r" sound.... this is the way he always "meows" (we just call it chirping here) and he always has. Does anyone else's cat have a crazy kind of meow? Or like Mooey, a chirp?

Kat Kommando
06-08-2002, 01:11 PM
Like people, some cats are soft-spoken, some are more outspoken. The larger cats, esp. Maine Coons seem to chirp more.

pam_pesto
06-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Mooey is just a DSW who looks like a miniature cow. Sometimes I think he is a cross between cat, cow and bird.

Former User
06-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pam_pesto
Mooey is just a DSW who looks like a miniature cow. Sometimes I think he is a cross between cat, cow and bird.

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/lol2.gif

pam_pesto
06-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Hi Niina
I wanted to ask you something-- what do you use to make the "movies" of Casper and Kitty? Is it a digital camera with the feature to record up to a certain amount of video on it? I noticed your pictures are very high quality, so I imagine you have a digital camera? We are looking into getting one sometime, so we want to hear about what people have and if they are good. :p

Former User
06-08-2002, 01:29 PM
Hi! We indeed do have a digital camera! And it is very handy! We take pics to a disk and then just put the disk on a comp and copy the pics on the comp and watch, so easy! We can also make short movies (15 seconds) with it. Our camera is Sony Mavica. It's few years old already, I'm sure the latest cameras are better, although ours is pretty awesome too :) Good luck finding one!

pam_pesto
06-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks! Hopefully we can find one and I can have Pesto and Mooey videos sometime! :)

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2002, 11:07 PM
My cat Sunny has a very loud meow but he also makes these chirping noises when he's running down the hall or to try to get his brothers attention. I call it singing. He's half aby so thats probably why he's so talkative.:)

dragonchilde
06-08-2002, 11:16 PM
Lord yes. Both of mine chirp, although one does more than the other. Wobbles doesn't talk much, but when she does, its usually a little chirp. Minette talks CONSTANTLY, sometimes a full-throated meow, but usually the little "murr" sound that sounds so much like a bird.

On the same line...does anyone else's cats try to imitate birds? I've had two kitties that do this. Minette sits in the window, stares at the birds, and, well, makes noises just like them! Her big brother Ozzie (who's currently living with my mother) used to do the same thing.

pam_pesto
06-09-2002, 06:43 AM
My cats don't know what birds are. We are on the 5th floor of a hi-rise, so birds don't get up here too much. :)