PDA

View Full Version : I saw a very sad thing :[ **PLEASE READ**

zoomer
11-01-2006, 10:19 PM
So just the day before Halloween I put up signs that say
KEEP YOUR BLACK CATS INSIDE
PEOPLE WILL GO OUT AND KILL BLACK CATS ON HALLOWEEN.
PLEASE KEEP THEM INSIDE.
Well it's the day after halloween and I'm on my way home. In someone's yard, right in the middle of someone's yard, lays a dead black cat. It could NOT have been hit by a car, because it is IN SOMEONE'S YARD, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMEONE'S YARD. My heart drops I'm I feel like crying. I know what happened. :(

junescrater716
11-01-2006, 10:27 PM
That is just horrible. Our family had a black cat named Smokey. She brought good luck. Not bad luck. Greatest cat in the world.

luvofallhorses
11-01-2006, 10:49 PM
that is terrible! :( yeah, it's true. recently we have been getting calls at the shelter where I volunteer, there was an article in our local newspaper that said be careful who you give your cats to in "free to good home" adds..some people DO sell them to labs for testing AND I am not kidding you! the lady who runs the shelter said that the people could come down to the shelter and fill out our paper work for dogs and cats.. and we'd have their driver's license on hand. nobody has done it, yet, though but you have to be careful when you are giving your animal away for "free"...because you never know who will get them..if I were giving away my animals which would NEVER EVER HAPPEN!!! I would do a home check and everything to make sure my pets are going to someone that's safe.

moosmom
11-01-2006, 10:56 PM
I ALWAYS ask for a donation or adoption fee of at least $50. And get everything in writing. Laboratories won't pay that kind of money for a lab animal. It happens, and whenever I see an ad in the newspaper "Free to good home" I call the people and warn them. Most of them haven't a clue and are glad that I told them.

There are some shelters in Michigan that would sell cats and dogs to laboratories. Ecorse and another town were two that did. It disgusts me!!

BC_MoM
11-01-2006, 11:04 PM
I know of some labs that will go even up to $75. I would never ask for under $100 for ANY animal.

That poor cat. People are so sick and twisted these days. If that person is capable of doing that to an animal, imagine what it may possibly do to a human in the future.....

Catty1
11-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Sweetie - I have heard of it happening a lot, that a cat WILL get hit by a car, and try to crawl home...and die on the way.

My sister's tabby did that years and years ago, and I have heard of that here.

Poor kitty might have been deliberately killed...but it could have been a car, that's all I am saying.

{{{HUGS}}}

slleipnir
11-02-2006, 09:48 AM
That's so horrible. I never let my dogs out on halloween. I'm afraid some stupid kids will do something to them.

I heard that some shelters will not let people adopt black cats before halloween because people want them for halloween only.

sandragonfly
11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
oh dear, I don't wanna know.. or how many have been killed .. :(

but catty may be right, hit and run - unless you saw it differently that wasn't being said here.

my three black beauties definitely have always bring me forunates! and I love them dearly. :mad:

Sonia59
11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
It's horrible. Of course you don't know what happend to this specific cat, but there are certainly some other Halloween victims, if not this one :( :mad:

I am happy that we do not really celebrate Halloween in my country.

ramanth
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Poor kitty.

My parents hustle all the cats inside during the week of Halloween, not just the day of.

The local shelters also refuse to adopt out black cats around Halloween.

Argranade
11-02-2006, 12:35 PM
That's horrible,

The black cat that always come's around my nabour hood still has not been seen, I just hope he's ok. :(

carole
11-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I think maybe you are jumping to the wrong conclusions, lets us all hope so, maybe kitty did just crawl home after being hit, sometimes they dont even have a mark on them, but i have heard about the halloween thing about black cats on here before and i am horrified and amazed, here in NZ Black cats are considered good luck, it is a pity that it is not the same in every country, really is the most stupid thing i have ever heard,superstition can be a very dangerous thing.

caseysmom
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Yep, potter was locked in the bathroom all night since he is an escape artist at the doors. The complaining meows were deafening but he was safe :D

zoomer
11-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Sweetie - I have heard of it happening a lot, that a cat WILL get hit by a car, and try to crawl home...and die on the way.

My sister's tabby did that years and years ago, and I have heard of that here.

Poor kitty might have been deliberately killed...but it could have been a car, that's all I am saying.

{{{HUGS}}}
I guarentee you it WAS NOT hit by a car.

buttercup132
11-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I guarentee you it WAS NOT hit by a car.How do you know

zoomer
11-03-2006, 06:17 PM
How do you know
Oh great here we go again :rolleyes:
I know because if the cat was hit by a car, it would be bleeding from everywhere or something other than just have a few bleeding slits in the back and a bashed head :mad:

jackie
11-04-2006, 03:10 AM
I wish you wouldn't post such dramatic topics all the time.

buttercup132
11-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Oh great here we go again :rolleyes:
I know because if the cat was hit by a car, it would be bleeding from everywhere or something other than just have a few bleeding slits in the back and a bashed head :mad:
Here we go again?
Um anyways, just because it wasnt bleeding everywhere dosent mean it
wasnt hit by a car. It could have had internal bleeding.
Im not saying your wrong but i dont think you should jump to the worst
conclusion without knnowing the truth.

Muddy4paws
11-04-2006, 10:22 AM
My thoughts exactly. Seems like whatever theres a thread about on PT it happens where she is. :rolleyes:

IF it did happen then its a sad fact of life, people are sick and they will do stuff like that. it cant always be stopped, the cat doesnt need to be bleeding from all over either from being hit by a car

Miss Z
11-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Whatever happened, how sad for the poor little cat. :(

I really think it's horrible how people put superstition before common sense. Even if this cat wasn't the victim of a superstitious nutcase, you can bet there'll be another one somewhere that was. I've never heard about it happening here and I really hope it doesn't.

zoomer
11-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Well Sorrry I just wanted to tell you guys.. next time I'll just keep it all inside.
Eeesh.

MagicForPets
11-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Oh that poor cat! I'm not a fan of Halloween myself :( And for just that reason right there... RIP kitty.

How do you know
I think she would know if she was there.

buttercup132
11-04-2006, 02:35 PM
I think she would know if she was there.

She wasnt there. She said she just saw a cat dead in someones backyard
And assumed that it was because of Halloween and that someone killed it.

Alysser
11-04-2006, 02:49 PM

Then how could it have been hit by a car if it was in someone's backyard? I'm not saying that someone killed it either. Maybe a dog killed it or another cat??

buttercup132
11-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Then how could it have been hit by a car if it was in someone's backyard?

Go back and read the other replys from people .

zoomer
11-05-2006, 11:24 AM
You wouldn't know. FYI I was there I was walking home from school.

buttercup132
11-05-2006, 11:37 AM
You wouldn't know. FYI I was there I was walking home from school.
So now you change your story and you witnessed people killing the cat?

carole
11-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey steady on everyone, Zoomer only posted something she saw that was sad and was telling us all, yes i do think maybe she jumped to the wrong conclusion, but who know's we were not a witness, she was, Zoomer i have to say that yes a cat can be killed by a car and there be no bleeding at all, as it is all internal, let us all just be a little more calm and hope that whatever happened to this poor kitty was not something horrendous ,and it died peacefully, RIP lil kitty.

Alysser
11-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Hey steady on everyone, Zoomer only posted something she saw that was sad and was telling us all, yes i do think maybe she jumped to the wrong conclusion, but who know's we were not a witness, she was, Zoomer i have to say that yes a cat can be killed by a car and there be no bleeding at all, as it is all internal, let us all just be a little more calm and hope that whatever happened to this poor kitty was not something horrendous ,and it died peacefully, RIP lil kitty.

Good point, Carole. It may have been the wrong conclusion. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Zoomer was right though. Sickos in this world today... :rolleyes:

dab_20
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Let's not get into a fight about this. Zoomer was just posting about something she saw.

Let's just hope that the cat did not die in such an awful way. It's in a better place now, no more violence or living on the streets. RIP kitty