PDA

View Full Version : what does your sign in name mean..

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Mine is rather obvious- I have borzois and I am their mom..

Logan
11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Mine means that my name is Logan! LOL!!! :p

Laura's Babies
11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Mine means my kitties are my babies, my name is Laura.... Laura's Babies"!

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 02:26 PM
cool!

Flatcoatluver
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
;) well I have a flat-coat and I love the breed.

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 02:31 PM
me too! I admire many breeds..

RedHedd
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
My hair is red

Argranade
11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Argranade was my favourit roller x pigeon.

R.I.P Argranade.

Anita Cholaine
11-01-2006, 03:10 PM
The Anita is obviously because of Anita, and the Cholaine, well... I'm not sure about what it stands for, but I still think it is cute :p

I really wish it was something simple, like just Natali. What if some day I get another pet?

Zippy
11-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Zippy is my oldest cat and is my heart cat so I used her name.
on other forums I am betta_grl,Hamster_Loves,or petsluver4ever

smokey the elder
11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Smokey the Elder was a cat I rescued as an adult in 1993, who was the sweetest loving mush. She survived all sorts of medical issues, and survived with a very aggressive form of cancer for nearly a year before going to the Rainbow Bridge right before Christmas 1999.

dukedogsmom
11-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Mine's self explanatory ;)

sandragonfly
11-01-2006, 03:38 PM
mine .. you can see. this little ark who's owned by (or owns) me, gina! when I first joined in 2003, I had snake, birds, fishes, cat, rats, mice, (different) dog and bunny. also took care of hedgies, ferrets and chinchillas. so it was like a little ark of various animals.

I had ONE cat when I came here and today I have 10. :D (13 at a point) .. thanks to pet talk. :p

as for inc., .. don't ask me. :o I think it was because how plain 'gina's ark' would look. :confused:

(copied and pasted and some more like this from recentest (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107824) thread) :)

Queen of Poop
11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
When I joined I had many more pets than I do today. I've lost 1 dog and 3 ferrets to the Bridge in less than 3 years. Anyway, I was the sole person in my household who would clean up the poop from the snakes, ferrets and dogs. I was calling myself the Queen of Poop before I joined as a joke, when I joined it just seemed the right thing to be called. I wish I still had ALL that poop to pick up.

davidpizzica
11-01-2006, 03:56 PM
David p, that's me!

flowergirl
11-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I love flowers & some might consider me a hippie (but i don't). Sunflower's are probably my fav, but Daisies come in 2nd. That's why i have a dog named Daisy ;) Even though most would say it is a common dog name, and not personalized-to me it is!

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Smokey the Elder was a cat I rescued as an adult in 1993, who was the sweetest loving mush. She survived all sorts of medical issues, and survived with a very aggressive form of cancer for nearly a year before going to the Rainbow Bridge right before Christmas 1999.
wow- my aim is crikkets for the same reason. A dog that stole my heart forever- bridge or not..

Danegirl2208
11-01-2006, 04:14 PM
well..i love Great Danes, and im female, lol.... 22 is my lucky number..and 08 was just something i added.

dab_20
11-01-2006, 04:48 PM
D-A-B is my initials and I was born on March 20th.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Pembroke Welsh Corgis are my favorite breed! :D

chocolatepuppy
11-01-2006, 04:59 PM
My name came from my Mandy, whom I recently lost. From one look at her, the name is obvious. ;)
*please do not use this picture without my permission*
http://www.headporting.net/DSCF1508__Small_.JPG
Mandy 5/01-6/06

k9krazee
11-01-2006, 05:16 PM
...I'm crazy about the canines ;)

Almita
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Mine... well. that's my name haha

*iluvskipper*
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Well mine , *iluvskipper*, means that I love Skipper!! and miss him!!

Suki Wingy
11-01-2006, 05:44 PM
When I was 3, I had a pocket sized Golden Book called the Saggy Baggy Elephant about an elephant named Sookie. For some reason, I renamed myself "Suki Wingy" for a few months when I was 3. I think all little kids do that at some point, both of my sisters renamed themselves for a few month.

My Peanuts
11-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I used to call RB Angie my peanut all the time. It was more like I would scream it when I came home and she'd go nuts (no pun intended). I signed up for PT a few months after she died and I couldn't think of anything. Since I now have four dogs (first time I ever had more than one) it became my peanutS.

zoomer
11-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Haha I have no idea why my username is 'zoomer' lol :p Guess its just the first thing that came to my mind. Besides, its easy to log in since its sweet n' simple, the way I like it!

Dorothy39
11-01-2006, 05:47 PM
One of my Favorite Movies~

M.G.M.'s version of The Wizard of Oz~ Debuted in August of 1939.

Dorothy~ :o

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Mine is one of Tango's nicknames..

catnapper
11-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Because when Isigned up, I drew a blank as to what my name shold be. I looked over and Allen was taking a nap.... a catnap. So I became catnapper. I do not catnap cats, though I seem to have kept my share of fosters ;)

Miss Z
11-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Mine's pretty simple, at 14, I'm a miss, and Zara is my name, so Miss Z ;)

(Another thing I found interesting a month or so ago, most of the people on this board of American or Canadian origin will pronounce my username Miss Zee. Because I am English, I pronounce it Miss Zed.:p Either way, I'm still me!)

CathyBogart
11-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Mine's my name. :) Not much story there. It used to be Wolfchan, but I ditched that while back.

cyber-sibes
11-02-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm posting about my siberians here in cyber-space: hence, cyber-sibes.
Used to use cyber-cat for my kittie's posts, RIP ChowChow :(

krazyaboutkatz
11-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Mine is pretty self explanatory.:) I'm crazy about cats. I wanted to spell it differently so I decided to use K's instead of C's.:)

luvofallhorses
11-02-2006, 11:29 PM
mine's pretty obvious..;) I love all horses and plus dogs and cats and other furry critters, too! :D

wolf_Q
11-02-2006, 11:32 PM
(Another thing I found interesting a month or so ago, most of the people on this board of American or Canadian origin will pronounce my username Miss Zee. Because I am English, I pronounce it Miss Zed.:p Either way, I'm still me!)

I can't even comprehend how that is "Zed" lol that is very interesting though, and yes I pronounce it Miss "Zee."

Mine is because I love wolves and my last name starts with a Q. Not that interesting, but I've been using it for years and years...

K9karen
11-03-2006, 12:14 AM
I changed from using my full name (wasn't I original? :rolleyes: ) to K9Karen..just a sudden brainstorm and a play on words.
I love the stories behind the names....nice thread...

molucass
11-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Mol is the first 3 letters in my moms dogs name (Molly) (who my sister let out in the back yard when their fence was still down from the hurricane and she got out and got stolen ), Luc is the first 3 letters in one of my moms cats name (Lucy, who used to be my cat) and Cass is the first 4 letters of the name of a rescued chow/akita mix puppy I found (Cassie). I found a home for her, but I like this name, so now I use it everywhere. When I created the username, that was the only 3 pets we had.

Normally it looks like this: MoLuCass

If a forum won't let me use this name because it has "ass" in it, I use AngelCori or something else.

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 03:13 AM
One of my Favorite Movies~

M.G.M.'s version of The Wizard of Oz~ Debuted in August of 1939.

Dorothy~ :o
OH wow!!!

IRescue452
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
The first part's self-explanitory. The 452 means nothing, it was just a random number they added to my aol screenname when I got it and I've since been using it in everything

Blue_Frog
11-03-2006, 12:57 PM
I've been using variations of bluefrog, blue_frog, and bluefrog_ca for a long time now (since like 96) on chat programs (like IRC), forums and for online gaming. I also use it for my blog, and for my crafty endevours.

That and I just like little blue frogs -- i think they're cute! :)

Alysser
11-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Mine's pretty self explanatory to. I love Maltese's. I think it's pretty stupid now though, because I love all breeds. On another forum, I'm known as _Sassy'shooman_ and I like that better. :p

Husky15
11-03-2006, 02:03 PM
I love this thread! It's great to hear the stories behind the usernames.

As for mine... one of my favorite breeds is the Husky, and I also owned a Husky/Malamute mix, so I thought Husky, and my age is 15 so I just put 15. I put 15 on the end of lots of my usernames.

GreyhoundGirl
11-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't get mine... You'd think every girl would love greyhounds :D

borzoimom
11-03-2006, 08:49 PM
lollllllllllllllllllllllllll.. I know the story greyhoundgirl!!!

cali
11-03-2006, 09:11 PM
pssssst Miss Z, most Canadians would also pronounce it as "Zed" and not "Zee" lol

as for my name, its complicated....

when I joined my first message board, back when everything was EZBoard, I was trying to think of a username, and I had been reading a "get fuzzy" comic strip a few minuts before, in the comic Buckys friend was over, his frined was a Calico cat, the word "Calico" was stuck in my brain so under username I typed "Calico" that was already in use so I tacked on any random 2 numbers and became known for several years and "Calico23" though everyone refered to me as "cali" for short. well one day, it was around thanksgiving I think when I was in grade 10, someone hacked into my computer through one of my Calico23 accounts and got me into a lot of trouble as the hacker was this well respected member of this board I was hack through, boy was I confused when high placed members started PMing me calling with a horrable person, a spoiled brat lier etc.. I didnt have the foggiest idea what on earth they were taking about, and they would not tell me because I apperntly "knew" what I did :confused: anyway ones the whole thing was finally sorted out and my dads firewall caught the culprit red handed when she tried logging into some account of his at exactly the same time he was logging into it lol so he sorted it out with the owner of the board this happend through, and she asked me to dump my Calico23 name everywhere, and ask for it to be deleted and create a new account, I chose nothing realkted to that name for that board or the one connected to it, but for new boards I stuck with the name I was used to being called "Cali" so basicly it has nothing at all to do with my RL or my pets lol given that nobody in RL calls me "Cali", I have no pets named "cali" and never have, nore have I ever had a cat lol

critter crazy
11-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Mine is pretty self explanitory!! I am Crazy about all Critters!!! :D

CultureJunky
11-04-2006, 05:48 AM
My name came from being a Manic Street Preachers fan. They used to spray paint logos and quotes on their clothes and one was Culture Slut.
So I changed it to Culture Junky.
Thus meaning I'm a junky (addict) of culture. ie, books, films, art, sport, culture etc.
I am tee total, have never smoked in my life and have never taken any drug (except painkillers and my anti-depressants) and sometimes think 'I hope people don't think I'm a druggy or something cause of my name!' lol
So I am a addict of culture.

rutylr
11-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Rutylr (Rottweiler)
it was my first licence plate

jackie
11-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Its my name!

Miss Z
11-04-2006, 07:52 AM
pssssst Miss Z, most Canadians would also pronounce it as "Zed" and not "Zee" lol

Oh, lol! Thanks for telling me ;)

KitCat
11-04-2006, 08:16 AM
KitCat is a combo of Kitty and Cathy (my name). Then for my title I put Kitten Wrangler because I train my cat to do tricks and I thought it was funny.

sirrahved
11-04-2006, 10:25 AM
My last name backwards, plus the first three letters of my first name. (thanks to my mom-in-love for that screenname.)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-04-2006, 10:46 AM
K is my first initial, my name is Kari.
Blaix is a varation of my last name. My last name is Blake, my husband and I are "The Blakes". My husband started using JBlaix for things, so I decided to stick with the family name and call myself KBlaix.

Reachoutrescue
11-04-2006, 11:01 AM
My sign in name is the name of our rescue.

cmayer31
11-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Mine's from way back in the day when AOL first came out. The geeks on my hockey team all had the same format: First initial, last name, hockey number. I've never really liked it, but I've used it for years, so it stays.

If I could I would change it, but I don't even know to what. ;)

jujuboy
11-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Well...my budgie was originally called Zeph...and then i got to calling him buddy, and the name "buddy" kinda stuck with me...but when he was being obnoxious and very annoying..i used the name juju (where i had heard that name i just can't remember, but i really liked it). Then one day i called him juju in a stern way coz he was biting me and thinking that he was the boss; so i had to deepen my voice a bit for him to get the message that he was biting my finger too hard, amazingly he picked up on the tone and would back off....So, juju was his other name when he was being a little too bossy... and "boy", i added on the end coz he was such a boy.....he always knew when he had done something wrong or had bitten/chewed something he was not suppose to, coz he'd fly out of a bedroom or kitchen or bathroom really fast and sit up on the curtain rod, i would go and investigate and see the damage he had done and say.."juju, you naughty boy!!" because he had chewed my cane basket with all my makeup in it and it had dropped to the floor, coz there was a great hole in the side of it!!!...Man, he was so cheeky :D , but i sure do miss him :( ..the thought of him always makes me smile :D hence the name Jujuboy!!! :cool:

sirrahbed
11-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Mine is just my name spelled backwards :D

GreyhoundGirl
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Mine's pretty simple, at 14, I'm a miss, and Zara is my name, so Miss Z ;)

You'll always be Miss Zee to me.

Hey ! I'm a poet and didn't know it, my feet show it, they're long fellows.

Suki Wingy
11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
You'll always be Miss Zee to me.

Hey ! I'm a poet and didn't know it, my feet show it, they're long fellows.

Hey- I was named for one of Longfellow's poems!
and Miss Z, your Miss Zee to me too!

GreyhoundGirl
11-08-2006, 03:59 PM
LOL, we are amily. all right !

persianmom
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
I just love those flat face little persian :D

*sled_dog*
11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Mine, I was actually going to create as *sled_dogs* but I forgot the 's' :rolleyes: . Sooo *sled_dog*, because I love them and have them!

borzoimom
11-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Mine is SugarBaby because I absoulutly love sugar gliders!
OHHHHHHHHHH MAN ADORABLE LITTLE GUYS!

xcolbi
11-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Mine's my girl's name :p (except there's not really an X in her name, I just like that letter :) )

Kalei
02-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Mine is my first name:D

DrKym
02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Mine is my name simply because Doc would have sounded like a bugs bunny toon!or a Stephen King moment fromt the Shining! :eek:

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Ralph joined PT first, when we only had Sadie, so he is Sadie's Dad. By the time I joined, we Cincy had joined out family, so I became Cincy'sMom. Since then we have added Spot too, so most other boards I have joined I use LabsNSpots, since all three dogs have lab in them, and Sadie and Spot are both Dal mixes as well.

jackie
02-25-2007, 02:55 PM
It is my name!

I guess I wasn't feeling that creative when I signed up for Pet Talk.

CathyBogart
02-25-2007, 03:20 PM
It's uh...my name. :p I'm so very creative

Sirrahsim
02-25-2007, 03:30 PM
As said by the other Sirrah's it is our last name spelled backwards.
In my case it is my maiden name backwards followed by the first three letters of Missy backwards :)
SirrahSim

Ceph
02-25-2007, 04:32 PM
I have four names...Catherine Erin Ponti and my last name starts with an H :p (which I typically dont post up for the normal reasons)

My initials actually spell something readable :p

dab_20
02-25-2007, 05:32 PM
My initials actually spell something readable :p

Hehe me, too. Danielle Alexis and my last name starts with a B. Dab :) ;)

Taz_Zoee
02-25-2007, 07:38 PM
I think mine is obvious. I put Taz first because he is older and I've had him longer. :D I am glad this thread was bumped....I like it. :)

borzoimom
02-25-2007, 07:40 PM
THESE ARE GREAT!!! KEEP them coming..

buttercup132
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I'd really like to know the story behind Kay's name.

Mine I randomly got when I first got msn andjoined msn groups. My name

R¨v´¨ßüTTêrCùþ¨v´4°¤Ðøþë on msn. I joined neopets when I was younger and my sign in name was Chickensgomoo132 cause it all rhymed. My msn name didn't seem too appropriate for forums so I just changed it to Buttercup132. (And I say it one thirty two not one two three)

junescrater716
02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Well the very first time I made up the name it was in June "junes" the moon was VERY full that night and you could literally see every crater in it "crater" 7/16/93 is my birthday "716"

When you put those together you get "junescrater716" :)

BCollie_Kelly
02-25-2007, 10:51 PM
BCollie= Border Collies
Kelly = my name

Border Collies are my favorite breed :)

Rie Rie
02-26-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure when it started, I've been called Rie Rie for years. Small children have a hard time saying Marie, so they just call me Rie Rie.

Lillycat
02-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Lilly and I have cats!!!.....

pitc9
02-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Mine stands for
Poop In The Corner and 9 is my fav number.

:p

buttercup132
02-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Mine stands for

:pLOL! I would never have guessed that.

wolflady
02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
LOL! I would never have guessed that.

LOL Neither would I! That's funny! I like it! ;)

Gosh, I've been using this name college and just never changed it, so around 10 years. I got that name because I love wolves, and while I was in college, I volunteered at Wolf Park, which was close to my university. I learned so much and loved every minute of it! Hence: wolflady. :)

DJFyrewolf36
02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Well...

I'm a DJ named Fyrewolf and 36 was my number when I played softball (and my favorite number besides ;) )

I'm not entirely sure where the Fyrewolf thing came from...I think someone started during my track days in high school. Much more preferable to the other nickname the team stuck me with, Commando. (I was the only person on the team in ROTC and was always russhing from an ROTC related thing to track practice, which usually made me late :o ). It really started to circulate when I started to go to raves and other events, as Fyrewolf is a lot easier to remember than my real name (and for some reason my taste for loud colored, mostly orangeish, clothing made it stick in peoples minds even more)...once I started DJing it became a permanent identifier (unless someone is confused and calls me Firefox...which is annoying cuzz I AM NOT A WEB BROWSER! :D ). People have told me Fyrewolf is a good performers name too lol. Other variants I use on forums or online games are Phoenix Fyrewolf, and Fyrewolf Seahawk Usally the 36 tags along too, as a lot of people in net games recognize me by the number itself.

borzoimom
02-26-2007, 08:22 PM
THAT IS SOOO COOL you are a DJ.. Man that sounds like a fun job! :D

Taz_Zoee
02-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Mine stands for

That's hilarious!! I came back to this thread just to see if you posted, because I was curious as to what it meant!! LOL :D I'd have never guessed that one.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-27-2007, 08:01 AM
I'd really like to know the story behind Kay's name. She explains it in post 24 of this old thread about usernames- http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=60068&page=2&pp=15&highlight=family+room

borzoimom
02-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Mine stands for

THATS A TOTAL RIOT!! LOL. I never would have guessed that one! :D

Sophist
02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
We'll consult a few dictionaries:

soph·ist
n.
a. One skilled in elaborate and devious argumentation.
b. A scholar or thinker.
2. Sophist Any of a group of professional fifth-century b.c. Greek philosophers and teachers who speculated on theology, metaphysics, and the sciences, and who were later characterized by Plato as superficial manipulators of rhetoric and dialectic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. ancient Greek philosopher: a member of a school of ancient Greek professional philosophers who were expert in and taught the skills of rhetoric, argument, and debate, but were criticized for specious reasoning. The sophists were active before and during the time of Socrates and Plato, who were their main critics.

2. somebody using clever talk to deceive: a deceptive person who offers clever-sounding but flawed arguments or explanations

[Mid-16th century. Via Latin sophista < Greek sophistḗs "master of a craft, man clever in practical affairs," also "cheat" < sophos "skilled in a craft, clever, wise"]

Sophist
02-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I've been called the Sophist for a long time for two reasons:

It started way back in my first honors classes, when they would throw me in to debates cold to argue for the side I was adamantly opposed to. I would always still get into it because I love debating in person so much that I play the devil's advocate, and I could come up with the oddest stuff to just run circles around a much better prepared opponent, and always got them flustered enough that i could bamboozle the crowd and judges even when (as was often the case in the cold debates) I felt the other person's actual arguments were a million times stronger and more correct. It is kind of scary, but people always tell me I HAVE to be a lawyer (shudders).

And also because my specialty was writing persuasion/argumentation speeches and essays using the exact same quotes and figures from the exact same sources to prove and argue two completely opposing positions, and being able to do it in a manner that my professors and study groups were wholly at a loss as to which viewpoint was the one I really supported.

Marigold2
02-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I am Marigold2 because I love to garden.

Vette
02-28-2007, 05:04 AM
I love Corvettes an shorted it to Vette. :o