PDA

View Full Version : The Party Party-THursday 184?

RICHARD
11-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Since we have an Election coming up, I hereby delcare that I will serve if asked -We have all kinds of drinks, I will run - After that darned Mario If he still wants to toss gourds about.

I will protect the interests of my constituents and promise to be honest, forthright and not engage in any kind of hanky or panky...or botch jokes!

Please refer any press to the Orc...

Come on Lady, Possum and who ever else wants to join the Party Party....

I"ll be on the porch making Pannycakes, bacon, sausage and homefries.
It's cool crisp and I feel like cooking on the grill today!

Fresh, OJ (the drink, not the killer!) and champagne for Mimosas...

RedHedd
11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Wait, no hanky or panky? Is this Thursday's or have I walked into the wrong bar? :confused: :cool: :D :p

I will have some of that breakfast, though - looks yummy!

smokey the elder
11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
When I was in college, one of the parties in the student election was called the Party Party, and had a platform one could take about as seriously as the name! :D

Karen
11-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I got a political message on my answering machine today, and was several seconds into before I realized what it was (A "Vote Yes on 3" ad).

See the woman's voice that started it said, "My same is Sandy Miller and I ama nurse ..." and my brain went "Sandra, nurse - no, that's not her (tatsxxx11) last name - Miller is Smilla's last name ... and ... oh, political ad, never mind!

I'll take some of those pannycakes, Richard! And bacon, too. I brought the maple syrup!

Killearn Kitties
11-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Mmmm, I'll take some pancakes and maple syrup even although it is almost bedtime, but if there is any election chat, I'm leaving!

slick
11-01-2006, 03:43 PM
No election just yet up here but I'm getting sick of the political messages on TV. The stations I get up here are mostly Washington State stations and every other ad is slinging mud at the other guy or girl if the case may be.

So I will join the party party but up here we have a Mary Jane party that I prefer to belong to. ;) Laurie, where are you when I need you????

RH: I agree. This bar is nothing without the hanky and the panky. Would that be panky cakes or hanky cakes. Wait a minute, who's Hank and is he single???

My name is Slick and I approve this message. :rolleyes:

RedHedd
11-01-2006, 03:57 PM
RH: I agree. This bar is nothing without the hanky and the panky. Would that be panky cakes or hanky cakes. Wait a minute, who's Hank and is he single??? I sure hope he is!

davidpizzica
11-01-2006, 04:14 PM
RICHARD, I'll have a DOTD and some hanky & panky cakes. CAN'T WAIT! I'm taking Doreen to the circus tomorrow!

RICHARD
11-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Wait, no hanky or panky? Is this Thursday's or have I walked into the wrong bar? :confused: :cool: :D :p

I will have some of that breakfast, though - looks yummy!

Done!

STE,

LOL, I wonder what went on in that caucaus!

Karen.

Some pannycakes and bacon, coming right up! MMMM, maple syrup!

DONE!

Hi KK,

No election talk here...JUst fun and games...and maybe some panky! :eek:

SOme cakes and syrup?

DONE!

Hi Slick.

Hope you are feeling good...

LOL,

As long as the Fire Marshall don't find out. ;)

Hank? The only Hank is in the Juke box...

Hi Redd.....

Hanky or Panky?

OR pancakes?

DONE? :D

"All my Rowdy Friends.."
Some food and drink? DONE!

Randi
11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh no, I shouldn't have opened this - now I could really eat a pancake, rolled up with honey inside. Nothing else will do!

I have been so lucky to see Slick's beautiful sunrise, and I'd love to sit there and just enjoy the sight ... with my coffee and pancake! ;) I realise it's a bit too late now, so I'll have to wait for the sunset - only thing is, I'll be sleeping by then. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
11-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Any one want any left over Halloween candy? I only had 9 trick or treaters so have plenty left!!!

Just a cherry vanilla coke and a quiet corner away from politics for me, please. :D

RedHedd
11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
now I could really eat a pancake, rolled up with honey inside. Nothing else will do! Is the Honey Hank? :p

Richard, I'll take some hanky AND some panky :D Livin' large!

gini
11-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Well, I wasn't able to make it to the bar yesterday, so here I am facing
LEFTOVER Hanky Panky.

The Mimosa fixings are still here, so that will help wash it all down.

Corinna
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I need a diet cherry vanilla coke please . Man the christmas swap gathering was easy but the emailing with my stupid out look express ERRRRR! got to find another one. Pass on the hanky or panky just a nice grilled cheese sammach please. its so cold and I have to go to work Yuck!
I will be so glad when tuesday is over.
We did get the pres and vp her to speak I had to work and miss the vp too far for the pres. shucks.

RedHedd
11-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Arrgh! I'm NOT ready to hear about Christmas yet! Oh Hank-y, could you bring me another panky and a gingerbread latte for the road please. It's raining in the San Francisco Bay Area - UGH!

Lady's Human
11-02-2006, 06:35 PM
TO steal a line from Opus,

It's Time to Caucus Raucous!

If Bloom County can have the meadowcratic party, can we start the "every day is Thursdays" Party?

The campaign platform might be a little shaky, possibly even splintered, but it'd be fun!

gini
11-02-2006, 07:15 PM
So are we Pet Talkercrats or Pet Talkicans?

It is about time we got this subject out of the bushes and into the open. :D

Lady's Human
11-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, there's the Green Party, How about the Fuzzy party?

(Great name, we can even have a flexible platform, we can just say "the party's stance on that is fuzzy, we're still working on it!) :D

gini
11-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, there's the Green Party, How about the Fuzzy party?

(Great name, we can even have a flexible platform, we can just say "the party's stance on that is fuzzy, we're still working on it!) :D

Let me paw through my notes and I will get back to you on this. :D

Corinna
11-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Goans and rolls eyes. at least we'd be honest in that one LH.
Don't forget the campaign promise a mouse in evry pot and a fire hydant on every corner.
Oh dear I think I worked to hard to night

trayi52
11-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Corinna, I believe thats what Bob Corker and Harold Ford are promising here in Tennessee!!

Whew! Such dirty politics here is TN, I will be so glad when the election is over!

Wonder if there is any hot chocolate in this place?

How are you doing, Corinna?

Willie :)

Corinna
11-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Fine I think I not only be glad for next tuesday but I'm starting to Bah humbug. Retai makes you hate hoildays which i usually love. but we started getting Christmas stuff in with the halloween stuff :rolleyes:
At least my boss promised no songs until after Thanksgiving. Oh well it's keeping me busy with my public relations stuff we are planning santa pics and a giving tree for our local headstart group. I also am working with the local fire dept. to do a fire safety drill in parking lot burning a tree and childrens sleep wear. Also a talk on overloading electrically outlets with lights. Thats just nov. we are also planning a float in the parade . I guess Im fine. :eek:
How about I buy you a warm tea? Barkeep!!! @ hot teas please

trayi52
11-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Sounds like you're very busy, Corinna. It won't be long until Christmas! I do dread that time of year, the shopping part anyway.

The tea sounds great! Serve it up Barkeep! (Please)

Willie :)

Lady's Human
11-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I hate to kill the party, but.... :( :( :(

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115869

Cinder & Smoke
11-03-2006, 06:47 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

I guess I'm fine. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

How about I buy you a warm tea?
Barkeep!!! - Hot Teas, please

Rest In Peace, Dear Corinna ... We're really going to *miss* you! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

I raise my Tea in *SALUTE* to Corinna - our newest Angel at The Bridge.

/s/ http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred

gini
11-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Dear Corinna, there will always be a warm place by the fire waiting for you and a delicious cup of tea.

By now, you have your own wings, so we will feel the sweet rush of air when you drop by to visit us.

God Speed sweet lady - you will be terribly missed by us all.

Edwina's Secretary
11-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I come here for the comfort of others who feel the pain of losing someone we only knew "virtually" but loved nonetheless.

It is heartbreaking....I think back on Jonza and Ritz's mom (Wanda)....two other members of our community who have gone before.

There must be a Cyber-bar for PetTalkers who have gone to the other side. I picture all three of them...lifting a glass to us....

It is those who are left behind who suffer now....my thoughts are with them...

Karen
11-03-2006, 07:52 PM
And sammi, who is surely there at the bar with them. She struggled with her health so couldn't post in her last year or so of life, but was an early and loved Pet Talker.

I have a pot of blueberry tea brewing for everyone who wants some. Tim (Dugan's Dad, Corinna's husband) said they had talked, and Corinna didn't want a gloomy send-off, but a party - like a New Orleans wake.

We will miss her nonetheless, and Tim also is sure Merlin is by Corinna's side again, and that was a joyful reunion.

trayi52
11-03-2006, 08:24 PM
OMG, I just spoke to her last night. I am crying so hard now. She was such a good friend. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
11-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I come here for the comfort of others who feel the pain of losing someone we only knew "virtually" but loved nonetheless.

It is heartbreaking....I think back on Jonza and Ritz's mom (Wanda)....two other members of our community who have gone before.

There must be a Cyber-bar for PetTalkers who have gone to the other side. I picture all three of them...lifting a glass to us....

It is those who are left behind who suffer now....my thoughts are with them...
My stomach hurts as well as my heart!!!
I see the them at the cyber-bar swarmed by pt animals so I lift my tea cup to them too. Thanks for all the wonderful memories guys and save a bar stool for me.

Lady's Human
11-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, let's all have a round for Corinna and Tim.

Irish wake anyone? I'll start cooking.

gini
11-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Yes, Lady's Human, let me help you.

Corinna was all about giving and love and faith - so let's give her one huge party in the style she would have wanted.

gini
11-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Fine I think I not only be glad for next tuesday but I'm starting to Bah humbug. Retai makes you hate hoildays which i usually love. but we started getting Christmas stuff in with the halloween stuff :rolleyes:
At least my boss promised no songs until after Thanksgiving. Oh well it's keeping me busy with my public relations stuff we are planning santa pics and a giving tree for our local headstart group. I also am working with the local fire dept. to do a fire safety drill in parking lot burning a tree and childrens sleep wear. Also a talk on overloading electrically outlets with lights. Thats just nov. we are also planning a float in the parade . I guess Im fine. :eek:
How about I buy you a warm tea? Barkeep!!! @ hot teas please

I realized that this was Corinna's last post.
Just look at all of the GIVING she was planning! This has reduced me to tears.

Killearn Kitties
11-04-2006, 03:24 AM
I am in absolute shock. I really couldn't believe what I was reading. I need a big mug of that tea please.
What a nice thought Sara, that there is a cyber-bar on the other side. I hope they are all there now.

I had to go back and find this post Debbie made in the bar when we lost Jonza.

Amazing how the bar is a cyber bar, the drinks are cyber drinks, the fire is a cyber fire and even the couch is a cyber couch, but the friendships and feelings are as real as it gets. :(
Truer words were never spoken on Pet Talk.

RedHedd
11-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm sitting here with LES reading all the posts about the loss of Corinna. I didn't know her well, but it feels like I've lost a family member. I'm just going to snuggle up here on the couch by the fire with my cuppa tea.

RICHARD
11-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Speechless.

Everything aside....

Remember to tell people you love them.
A hug is always nice to have.
Never let, "I should have..." be part of your vocabulary.

RIP, dear Corrina, you will be missed. :(

Barbara
11-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh here you are, all of you.
I had LES all over during the day. I didn't know Corinna very well but here at Pet Talk... it's family.
I need a drink.

gini
11-04-2006, 01:56 PM
I kept waking up last night and the first thing on my mind was Corinna.

No, I didn't know her that well either - but her beautiful spirit came through time and time again - on this entire board.

This is a huge loss for all of us.

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I've never had the loss someone I've never physically met hit me so hard. I type this with tears in my eyes, but I want to honor Corinna's wishes so let's have a party and share all our happy memories about our times with Corinna. :)

trayi52
11-04-2006, 02:25 PM
It was so hard to sleep last night, because I kept crying. I kept thinking, why didn't I ask her about why she thought she felt fine, but I didn't. Maybe something was going on then, and she could have got to a doctor.

I just miss her so much. I remember talking to her on msm messenger about how to cook foods for my diabetic husband. She kidded me about her writing me a cookbook! She was such a sweet and a fun person.

I loved her and she is going to be missed so much. :(

Willie

lizbud
11-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I had LES all over during the day. I didn't know Corinna very well but here at Pet Talk... it's family.

I think so too Barbara. I have thought of Corinna off & on all day now.
Reading all the posts on her passing really gives a clear picture of a what
a warm & caring person she was.She will be missed.

davidpizzica
11-04-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm also tearing up as I type this. I was thinking about all of her posts to me to help me cope with my being diabetic. She helped me to get a handle on getting along with being a diabetic. A more caring person has never walked the earth. I miss you, Corinna!

Karen
11-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Please do refer back to the thread linked for info, as I have added their address for cards, and Clarissa has requested that people contribute Corinna stories so she could make a booklet so Charity Jean could learn about Corinna when she's older.

And I've put on the kettle for more tea - or even hot chocolate on this chilly night, but while I'm here, can hand out whatever drinks you want.

RICHARD
11-04-2006, 10:53 PM
I am here,

What a week.

Ready to pour some drinks...

done.

Dorothy39
11-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm here too~

Corinna~ You sure did make me laugh when you said you were supposed to dress up like the "Sea Hag" from those old Popeye Cartoons~ Oh gosh, You sure did help me laugh~~~ I could have gone along with you one , being Olive Oyl, of course.

Karen~ I'd just enjoy another cup of that "Blueberry Tea," ( lifts up cup and saucer)

Richard~ Keep the Bar open~

RICHARD
11-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Richard~ Keep the Bar open~

Done.

THe one thing that is comforting is the fact that we all consider ourselves 'family'

Spread across the world as we are we are only a few wires and electrons away.

It's nice and comforting to know.

You all rock.

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Done.

THe one thing that is comforting is the fact that we all consider ourselves 'family'

Spread across the world as we are we are only a few wires and electrons away.

It's nice and comforting to know.

You all rock.

So do you Richard! Karen can I have some of that lovely blueberry tea two please, that reminds me I have to go to the store and get some more this week I'm down to my last blueberry tea bag here at home.

RICHARD
11-08-2006, 01:03 AM
I have a funny story about my dad....

His birthday was November 8..

So every time my b-day would come up (nov. 6) my family would ask me "what are we going to do for dad?"

They would pull out a huge sheet cake with "Happy Birthday Dad" on it and someone would buy a tube of that colored icing and write......

HaPPy BirTHday RiHard in the empty space.

He passed away on Oct 31 We had his service on the fourth of November, buried him on the 5th....

MY B-days weren't that important.....until I got on PT...

If my mom only knew how many brothers and sisters I have... :)

Done!

Killearn Kitties
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
If my mom only knew how many brothers and sisters I have... :)
You mean your mom doesn't know about us??!!!
Have you never told her?

RICHARD
11-08-2006, 12:34 PM
You mean your mom doesn't know about us??!!!
Have you never told her?

She suspects something is going on... :)