PDA

View Full Version : Today is my last day at my old job, start new one on Monday!

My Peanuts
11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I should have posted about this earlier. I don't know why I didn't. Today is my last day here. I've been here for 7 years, but they can't afford to pay me what I'm worth, so I got a new job! The pay and benefits are awesome. I'm a bit sad today. There are a lot of people her that I'm close to and I won't see them much anymore. My new job is with a payroll company. I’m pretty excited about it and I hope to just some of my skills from my business degree.

Wish me luck! :)

sandragonfly
11-01-2006, 01:01 PM
oh... last day here?! :( you should have some libraries around you!! ;)

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you have so much new, fun experience at your new job! check in us once in awhile and let us know how it's going .. I hope. :)

Logan
11-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Gina, I think she means it is her last day at her job, not at Pet Talk! At least I hope that is what you meant, Diana!!!! (have my fingers crossed on that one)

Good luck in your new position! Sometimes we just have to make those moves, even though it is very hard to make that decision!

Logan

kimlovescats
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Although you'll miss your current co-workers / friends, each job is a stepping stone for better things in your career! Using your skills at your new job sounds like a great step forward! Good luck! ;)

Kim

My Peanuts
11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
oh... last day here?! :( you should have some libraries around you!! ;)

[

Oops, that was worded a little bad. I meant my last day at my job. I am at my job right now so I said 'here'. :p

I do most of my postings at work, so I might not be on PT as much until I get the hang of things. I don't think my new job will let me be on like my old job does. Don't worry, I have internet access at home. I'm never leaving PT :D

Zippy
11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Congrats!!!I bet it a exciting but sad day at the same time.Keep us posted on how your first day goes. :)

My Peanuts
11-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Congrats!!!I bet it a exciting but sad day at the same time.Keep us posted on how your first day goes. :)

I will. This is especially exciting/stressful because this is the only job I've ever had. I started here after high school straight through college and for 3 years after college. Yikes, I have to stop thinking about it! :eek:

Cataholic
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
I have yet to take on a new job that wasn't ultimately 'better' than the last! Even positive change is scary/stressful.

Good luck!

Pembroke_Corgi
11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Good luck!! :D

My Peanuts
11-01-2006, 05:07 PM
They got me a card, cake, balloons, roses and a stuffed dog. I was fine all day and now I can't stop crying.

Alysser
11-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Congraulations! That's awesome that you got a new job. I hope you have a good first day. Good luck! :)

lizbud
11-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Lots of luck with the job change.Looks like you are doing this for all
the right reasons. :) It might be stressful to leave friends from work, but I'm sure you can make new ones too. :)

cyber-sibes
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
"Make new friends, but keep the old
Some are silver and others, gold."
You can always get together with your past work buddies for a catch-up dinner sometime. ;) Good luck on the new job. Better pay and benefits sound like a good move to me!

K9karen
11-02-2006, 01:21 AM
Lots of Luck!
I've always kept in touch with some people from all my jobs. We still see each other on birthdays and holidays. Although some of us went on to different things, we formed such great friendships, that nothing stood in our way of our love for each other.

Change is always good, especially when it involves more money and benefits!!!

Ginger's Mom
11-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Good luck, Diana. I am sure you will do great at your new job. It is always scary to make a big change, but very exciting at the same time. I will be thinking about you today, and hope you can get a chance to check in sometime to let us know about the new job.

My Peanuts
11-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey everyone. I'm still around. I've been in training and I haven't had a chance to get on PT much. I will make it a point to go one at home more. :) I miss you guys.

Training is going well and I have 1 more week. Our busy season is December-mid February, so I won't be on while at work much. After that I will check in more often.