PDA

View Full Version : I Asked For Pictures Of Your Pets To Paint And I Promissed To Give One As A Gift

nika
11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Hello everybody!

My name's Nika, I am part of a group of artists and we paint dogs and cats portraits in oil on canvas. I asked you to send me pictures of your pets for us to paint for our gallery, I got a great response and I decided to give one of the portraits as a gift! It's my way of saying thank you!
So, here's the winner: Tralee!
Congratulations Nicole!! The portrait painting is your dog "Lady" a 3 year old English Shepherd! She is adorable!
I have her portrait in attach, so please, take a look!

We will send an e-mail by next week for the other portraits, ( for who requested to receive an e-mail to see the result) they are almost done!

Please, feel free to send us more pictures, our artists don't want to stop painting! Mention on the e-mail that you give us permission to use your picture. I will choose one portrait for the next pictures you send as a gift too!
You can send it to: [email protected]
Thanks to all of you!
Grazie!

BC_MoM
11-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh my - that is BEAUTIFUL! Nicole is going to absolutely love that!! :)

Flatcoatluver
11-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Gorgeus!!! That looks just like Lady
I send you a email.

ramanth
11-01-2006, 12:22 PM
What a gorgeous painting of Lady! :D

sandragonfly
11-01-2006, 12:26 PM
wow, very very beautiful and skilled!

can't wait til tralee sees this. :)

buttercup132
11-01-2006, 12:41 PM
:confused: I got a pm saying I was the winner

Congrads, although I cant see the picture Im sure its lovley!

sandragonfly
11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
quoted by buttercup
:confused: I got a pm saying I was the winner..

this is nika, did tralee's lady and larry (http://dogeachday.com/?p=605) did your thunder.

buttercup132
11-01-2006, 01:21 PM
quoted by buttercup

this is nika, did tralee's lady and larry (http://dogeachday.com/?p=605) did your thunder.No I got a PM from NIKA saying that I won and that she chose several pictures to draw.
Larry drew my picture too but I sent that in 3 months ago and got a E MAIL from him .

sandragonfly
11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
oh, maybe she'll do yours next ..

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I do the same thing on canvas using a process called a giclee -The word "giclee" in French means "fine spray", which is descriptive of the printing process itself. Millions of microscopic droplets of ink per second are sprayed onto canvas, producing thousands of chromatic changes, with over 300,000 colors possible. This highly sophisticated digital printing system produces brilliant color and razor sharp detail that is truly unsurpassed.
This is the result..

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Hello everybody!

My name's Nika, I am part of a group of artists and we paint dogs and cats portraits in oil on canvas. I asked you to send me pictures of your pets for us to paint for our gallery, I got a great response and I decided to give one of the portraits as a gift! It's my way of saying thank you!
So, here's the winner: Tralee!
Congratulations Nicole!! The portrait painting is your dog "Lady" a 3 year old English Shepherd! She is adorable!
I have her portrait in attach, so please, take a look!

We will send an e-mail by next week for the other portraits, ( for who requested to receive an e-mail to see the result) they are almost done!

Please, feel free to send us more pictures, our artists don't want to stop painting! Mention on the e-mail that you give us permission to use your picture. I will choose one portrait for the next pictures you send as a gift too!
You can send it to: [email protected]
Thanks to all of you!
Grazie!
How about this one? But whats the deal? I dont want my babies marketed if I may say so... This is galina and I love this head shot. Right now I am out of commission and will be for a month .. I would like a different effect than the others.. email me- my email address is on my website.. This is "Galina" aslias the "weenies" we call her.. ( she gets into mischeif.. too smart for her own good...)

nika
11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
OH! no, no, no!I respect you work, but my work is 100% handmade, it is not a canvas transfer, "giclee",or whatever, please don't assume that my work is like yours, that's nothing wrong with your type but we prefer 100% handmade for our portraits, I hope that Nicole can tell you when she receives her painting!
Thank you.

nika
11-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes, I have the portrait of your handsome bunny!!
I'll post the picture for you, I guess you didn't get my e-mail.
Send me you e-mail please?
To: [email protected]
Thanks!!

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Thank you.. Ours is by photos.. anyway- there is galina.. ( little weenies... lol..)

nika
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Are you Nika also?
That Nika was not me.

quoted by buttercup

this is nika, did tralee's lady and larry (http://dogeachday.com/?p=605) did your thunder.

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 02:08 PM
sent a email.. and I want to know the conditions please..

sandragonfly
11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
quoted by nika
Are you Nika also?
That Nika was not me.

oh no, I mean this = this thread. sorry! :)

:confused: did you mean you didn't PM'd buttercup?

Tralee
11-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Wow!! That it is awesome!! Thank you sooooo much! I love it

sandragonfly
11-01-2006, 03:48 PM
:D :D

Almita
11-01-2006, 05:33 PM
That is a gorgeous picture of Lady! I can tell Nicole loves it haha.

Sevaede
11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I do the same thing on canvas using a process called a giclee -The word "giclee" in French means "fine spray", which is descriptive of the printing process itself. Millions of microscopic droplets of ink per second are sprayed onto canvas, producing thousands of chromatic changes, with over 300,000 colors possible. This highly sophisticated digital printing system produces brilliant color and razor sharp detail that is truly unsurpassed.
This is the result..

Unsurpassed by what? :confused:

borzoimom
11-02-2006, 04:50 AM
It means its looks like a oil painting only the soul of the eyes are captured etc. Its not a lithograph- the ink is too thick. YOu actually can not see dogs with a loop like you would any other type of " print"..

nika
11-02-2006, 08:07 AM
I hope that nobody gets confused with this kind of work and the work I do, again, my work is 100% handmade oil on canvas, it is not a canvas transfer, "giclee",or anything like that.
If you want to see your pet in our gallery, please send a picture and I'll choose another portrait to give to you as a gift for sending these adorable pictures and giving permission to use it! All pets are welcome!
thanks.
Nika