PDA

View Full Version : Jesus C was a great guy!

RICHARD
11-01-2006, 03:02 AM
Not a religious thread!

Jesus C was my dad.

He was a great guy...

He was a quiet, smart and patient guy.
He never was flustered and never had a bad day.

If I was half the man he was, I would be more than I am today.

Every time I fix something I remember watching him ponder over a problem, think a second and repair it.

JC passed five years ago, on Oct 31. It was the the saddest day of my life.
But I knew he was not suffering anymore.

When people talk about heroes it only takes me a minute to think about him.

------------------------------------

No matter what your relationship is with your parents--

Suck it up and take a few minutes to find out who they are.

You will be surprised.

Pawsitive Thinking
11-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Hugs to you on this anniversary. I miss my Dad too :(

davidpizzica
11-01-2006, 03:55 AM
RICHARD, my condolences on the passing of your father. These types of anniversaries are are really rough when they come around. My father passed away six years ago on november 9th. I miss him.

moosmom
11-01-2006, 05:58 AM
Suck it up and take a few minutes to find out who they are.
You will be surprised.

VERY true words to live by, RICHARD. I only wish my brother had done what you suggested. I think it would've saved him a lifetime of guilt. :(

My sincere condolences sweetheart. ;)

Laura's Babies
11-01-2006, 07:34 AM
This month is my Dad's birthday. He died in 1990 and I still miss him! He was such a character, he use to complain that he wished he'd been born rich instead of so darn handsome!

Barbara
11-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Richard, he would be proud of you. He has every reason for. If he's in a place he can watch you he will be...

JenBKR
11-01-2006, 07:51 AM
It is obvious that your father was an amazing man. Someone we could all learn a thing or two from. ((((hugs))))

Logan
11-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Richard, Jesus C brought a very special person into this world (you). I know you miss him.

Logan

slick
11-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Richard, this is so very strange. Here it is, going on 6:30am and I woke up after dreaming about you. In my dream I was shopping with some other people (not sure if they were PT'ers or not) and you all of a sudden appeared in front of me and said you needed a hug. We hugged, then continued food shopping. ;)

Pet Talker's connection???? :confused: I know what it's like to miss a father so until we really meet again, here are some cyber {{{hugs}}}.

RIP JC. Thanks for Richard.

xoxo

Randi
11-01-2006, 08:46 AM
My sincere condolances, Richard. :( Your dad sounds like he was a great guy. I lost my father in Jan. 1980, and my mother died in 1992. Both lived to be the average age at that time.

Lobodeb
11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
My sincerest condolences, Richard. I lost my dad in May of last year, so I can definetly relate to your pain, especially when you talk about fixing things.

RIP, Jesus C.

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) to you, Richard.

Karen
11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Richard, do you think broken things go to heaven so dads can fix them? Your dad sounds like a great guy.

Dads are great people. I am fortunate in that mine is still around and doing well! We joke, because he is "way past his expiration date" in that he is years older than both his parents were when they died.

Thank goodness for modern medicine and blood pressure monitoring!

Anybody needs to borrow a "Dad," he's available, just don't tell him I told ya!

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
my dad is still alive but i've never been able to be close to him.

i wish things could have been different between us. he told me jan 1 2006 that he wasn't my real dad... i don't know why after 25 years he chose to break my heart... :(

i'm sorry you lost your dad... be thankful for the happy memories you have with him.

Jadapit
11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Richard, your dad sounds like he was an amazing man. I'm so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs))) My dad is still with us, your so right I need to spend more time with my dad.

kimlovescats
11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Richard, what a beautiful tribute to your Dad! Thank you for sharing this part of yourself with us!

Hugs,
Kim ;)

Dorothy39
11-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Richard~

Please Accept This Cyberspace Condolence {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}

Your Father sounded like such a Remarkable Man~ And, I'll bet he still looks down upon you to this day , with Pride.

Everything you typed about Jesus C , introduced him to us~ You conveyed Heroism, with such a Wonderful Tribute~~ :o

Oh,

Your message at the Bottom of your Post, is so profoundly true!!!!

Anita Cholaine
11-01-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm sure your dad is right now (and always) by your side. ;)
What a nice tribute you made for him ***HUGS***

RICHARD
11-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Slick
That wasn't a dream, if I was in it it was a nightmare!

Thanks!

--------------------

Thanks to you all.

I was trying to remember the times when my dad was mad., as a child I only remember two times. LOLOLOL, He did put the fear of Jesus into me!

I know I got my arse beat 1> <10 times but I probably deserved it!

He was truly a spectacular person, I only remember him raging once.

And it was serious. My brother took some bullets from his locker to burn the gunpowder in them. :eek:

He was very quiet, mom was his mouthpiece!

And when he did speak you had to listen....It was always true or funny.

Or a combination of both...

I do miss him and know he's always looking over me!

Thanks again!