PDA

View Full Version : Have you had trick or treaters tonight?

petslover
10-31-2006, 08:17 PM
I prepared bags of candy for kids, and we have not had even one trick or treater..

We never get much, but always get around 5-10.. but wow. 0..

That comes as a shock.

I used to love trick or treating when I was a kid.

so now I have 15 bags of candy left. lol

.sarah
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
We've had 4 or 5. We used to get so many, but this year and last year have been pretty dead.

Alysser
10-31-2006, 08:39 PM
:eek:
We have so much little kids on our block, we get plenty. Must have got at least 40 since 3:00 PM it's now 8 PM.

Craftlady
10-31-2006, 08:39 PM
10 beggers
It was rainy and cold tonight sitting out on porch handing out candy.
We had it from 5-8, I quit at 7 p.m.

caseysmom
10-31-2006, 08:49 PM
We get hundreds! We live in a very large subdivision...they are driven in from neighboring communities. I don't really mind at least they are safe.

dogzr#1
10-31-2006, 08:52 PM
About 7 or so. We didn't give out candy though. We turned off all the lights in annd out of our house, yet kids still came. Some of them were VERY persistent. *Knock Knock Knock* *Ding Dong* *More Knocking* One time, one of the kids said "I can see them there. I can see the TV on" It got annoying after a while. Some kids stayed there F-O-R-E-V-E-R! :p

Tralee
10-31-2006, 08:54 PM
2 trick or treaters

molucass
10-31-2006, 08:58 PM
We weren't at my moms tonight, so we didn't get any trick-or-treaters.

If we had been at home in SC, we would have had a lot.. One of our neighbors said they get like 50+ kids every year.

My moms church has a "fall festival" almost every year, and my 3 year old niece went, plus my mom and sister worked in some of the booths, so my gf and I went with them. The only reason I went is so I could watch my niece have fun. She had tons of fun though. She got her face painted, got lots of candy, licked the icing off of several cupcakes (lol), bounced in the bouncy thing and etc.

Laura's Babies
10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
I didn't get any so I guess I am going to have to eat that chocolate all by myself! :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Not a one. I didn't know what to expect since we're living in a gated complex now, but I locked myself inside when I got home and I've been at the computer all evening. I've got my lights on but I hope no-one knocks 'cause I have no candy. I planned to be out being social tonight.

Karen
10-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Yup! More this year than last year - the neighborhood has more kids now, which is fun! Had 26-28 kids this year, and the five directly next door didn't even come (I think they were driving someone to the airport tonight, I'll bring by some candy for them tomorrow).

Corinna
10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Too tired from work so turned out the lights. I only had 5 kids at my costume contest at work . Bummed out.

Dorothy39
10-31-2006, 09:27 PM
No trick or Treater here either--- I have three large Jack-o-Lanterns on my porch steps, and, a nice basket filled with Musketeer "fun size" candy bars sitting on a table near the door.

I guess I'll just have to eat them , huh!!! :cool:

Chilli
10-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Not a single one.
Though we sorta live in a weird area.. plus it was really cold...
I wouldn't blame them for not coming here. =D

Sirrahsim
10-31-2006, 10:50 PM
We took Tyler out Trick or Treating but after we got home we did have a couple kids come knocking on our door. Unfortunately for them we were hoarding the candy that we did manage to collect so we didn't even answer the door :D :D :D

Logan
10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
My doorbell rang 3 times tonight. And the whole reason I had candy at all was for my cute little next door neighbors and we never saw them!!! 3 bags of candy and 7 total trick or treaters. :( At least I bought candy that I don't like, so I won't be tempted to eat it all! Ha Ha!!!! Helen can share it with her friends, hopefully.

Logan

Ginger's Mom
11-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Not a one. I live in a development that has a lot of condos and townhouses so there aren't a lot of children, but I usually get anywhere from 5-10 trick or treaters. But not tonight. :( Now, to be honest Ginger and I didn't get home until 7:20, but while we were out for our walk we only saw one little trick or treater walking around. We had several tricker or treaters at work yesterday though. :)

Pam
11-01-2006, 06:15 AM
I bought six bags of candy (kinds my hubby likes just in case :rolleyes: ) and it seems he will be feasting in the weeks ahead! :p When we first moved into this neighborhood in 1980 we had 150 children that first year. I ran out of candy early on. Each year it has been dwindling but I have been too much of an airhead to notice I guess. :p Probably taking a look at the small group of kids who line up for the bus each morning might have given me a clue. :p I have about four bags left. (Snickers and Hersheys)

critter crazy
11-01-2006, 06:17 AM
we live too far out in the booneys, and never get any trick or treaters! :eek:

Miss Z
11-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Hallowe'en is dying where I am. It's never been entirely popular over here, I've heard it's a pretty big occasion over in the States, but definitely where I am its popularity is decreasing for a number of reasons:

1. The older generation. It's pretty much despised by anyone over 50 it seems. It's a little strange that they don't like a time when kids can have fun, but ask any well-bred Lancastrian and he'll answer with, "Allouween? Nay, t'is nowt but American im-por'" :(

2. It seems people just can't be bothered buying sweets anymore. My whole cul-de-sac switched off their lights and drew their curtains so it looked like there was no-one at home. Some people even put up posters saying "No trick-or-treaters please".

3. Teenage culture. October 30th is now classed as 'Mischief night', when bored teenagers go out with eggs, flour, cricket bats or whatever they please to cause havoc. It happens throughout Hallowe'en, yesterday whilst driving through a neighbouring town, we saw a couple of boys simply with a Tesco bag and an empty bottle of beer on their trick-or-treat rounds.

According to the news, Hallowe'en is becoming more popular. Well, i'm not seeing it! :p

Zippy
11-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Not one.My grandparents have had one tricker treater in 5 years of livng here.

Cookiebaker
11-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Not a single one. We have NEVER had even one tricker-treater since we moved here in 1999. So I don't even bother with the candy anymore. I grew up on Long Island, and we would get slammed every year with upwards of 200 kids :eek: and I actually miss standing at the door waiting for them. It was my annual tradition. :)

Lori Jordan
11-01-2006, 08:26 AM
i got 75 last night

ramanth
11-01-2006, 08:40 AM
We got about 60 kids. :)

Ninjas, Fairies, and Care Bears seemed to be the in thing. :D

Queen of Poop
11-01-2006, 08:54 AM
I had 175 kids last night. Down considerably from what I usually get. But it was really cold here last night so that would likely account for it. And yes, I keep count of how many I have so I know how much candy to buy. Usually we see between 200-300 kids.

trayi52
11-01-2006, 09:01 AM
We had 0, I was so disappointed. I love having trick or treaters. I had the candy all ready too. :(

Willie

Flatcoatluver
11-01-2006, 09:48 AM
2. And they don't count because we made the neighbor promise her kids would come over. Last year we got 10. I was so disapointed.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
I decided not to hand out any candy this year because our house is WAY back from the street and the kids would need to open a large gate to get to the door. I was worried the dogs would get loose and run off. I did get party favors for all of my piano students, though (no food allowed in the studio).