PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog going trick or treating?

zoomer
10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Is your dog going trick or treating tonight? Georgia is! And we are going to have tons of fun! Georgia is hoping to get a few dog biscuts at least, maybe a few ham & turkey slices :D

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 05:24 PM
no.. dogs, bears and darkness don't mix...

zoomer
10-31-2006, 05:33 PM
no.. dogs, bears and darkness don't mix...
Bears :confused:

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Bears :confused:
yup.. like this..

zoomer
10-31-2006, 05:38 PM
yup.. like this..
:eek: Oh my goodness :eek: I wouldnt take my dogs out in a place with bears like that ever :eek: I can see why you dont...

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
we dont go out at night. The dogs are on a schedule for 8am breakfast, and 4pm dinner and go out last time half hour before dark. The bears leave if they know you are around, but we dont go out at night for obvious reasons.

zoomer
10-31-2006, 05:41 PM
we dont go out at night. The dogs are on a schedule for 8am breakfast, and 4pm dinner and go out last time half hour before dark. The bears leave if they know you are around, but we dont go out at night for obvious reasons.
Is that bread they are eating? Bears are definetly going to come to eat if they've got something to eat from a 'generous' someone who is feeding them ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-31-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't go trick or treating, nor do I hand out candy, so the dogs won't be doing anything Halloween related either. We have obedience classes Tuesday nights anyway. :)

zoomer
10-31-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't go trick or treating, nor do I hand out candy, so the dogs won't be doing anything Halloween related either. We have obedience classes Tuesday nights anyway. :)
Aww party pooper ;) Why don't you hand out candy? Costumes scare ya (just kidding) ;)?

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 05:49 PM
We dont do trick or treating either... Not just bears, but religious reasons..

zoomer
10-31-2006, 05:51 PM
We dont do trick or treating either... Not just bears, but religious reasons..
Uhuh. I myself don't care much for halloween, but the candy I do :D

Flatcoatluver
10-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Zoey and I are handing out candy. Hoping we will be able to practise are good obedience skills.

cali
10-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Mist goes into season every halloween so she has never gotten to go. Happy has gone every years since she was about 1, but this year she is just helping hand out candy, I watch for kids, when I see some comming I give her a boost out the front window(the front door does not open) and she gets to go greet the kids...most of the kids so far have had dogs with them, so Happy didnt get to greet the kids, but we finally had one, so I let Happy go say hi, and she tried to go trick or treating with him! lol I kept calling her back because as the kid walked on, there was Happy walking beside him tail wagging all ready to go to the next house.. lol it took some convincing to get her to come back and not go trick or treating with the kid :rolleyes:

luvofallhorses
10-31-2006, 07:31 PM
no, because I would be afraid someone would give my dog a cookie and poison them. I am not handing out candy, either because the dogs go nuts.

Suki Wingy
10-31-2006, 08:12 PM
No, he handed out candy with me. He was the doorbell. :)

dab_20
10-31-2006, 09:53 PM
This is the first year I didn't go, so Molli didn't either.

Danegirl2208
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
i took my little niece out..chloe was spray painted bright blue!!!! and Malakai just had a couple of hawaiian lays on :) they were all so cute! I'll post the pics later, when i get a chance.

tirsaac
10-31-2006, 10:34 PM
well, the Halloween night has been passed...
so... what's the story? :cool:

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 04:48 AM
Is that bread they are eating? Bears are definetly going to come to eat if they've got something to eat from a 'generous' someone who is feeding them ;)
No actually it was spilled corn. I forgot to get it all up. We use to put corn out for the deer. We did this because a deer with a weakened immune system from hunger will bring ticks with lyme disease. While easily spotted with the 3 younger dogs, Hottie is lame all the time on and off and lyme would be hard to spot in him until it was advanced. The bears ignore the corn, seem to be coming here just to lay in the yard and watch the valley. Those 3 were young bears, and curious about anything.
Bears also like the smell of armorall, as we found out. My husband had on his new truck a vinyl cover for the bed. They tore it up the very first night. Did the same one day to my tire cover on my tracker when I left my car out over night as there were things in construction in the garage.
We keep our trash cans in the garage, And the gas grill.. We were told by the rangers that bears walk the ridges of mountains to catch wiffs of smells from the valley- and that is where we live- on a ridge..

elizabethann
11-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Fenway went trick or treating with the kids last night. He was dressed as a deranged Yankees fan. Everybody thought he was funny. I forgot to take pictures though - bummer.

Nobody had any cookies for him but he didn't seem to mind.

:D

ramanth
11-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Downtown Lansing hosted a Dog Trick or Treating event last Friday, but Kia and I didn't make it. Hopefully next year!

I helped my grandma pass out candy, so Kia sat by the door to greet trick or treaters. A few people were walking dogs. I didn't think to pass out a milkbone to them. Oops! :o

Kfamr
11-01-2006, 09:03 AM
No one I know went trick or treating, so none of my dogs went. I did dress Nala up and we sat out front with my parents for a hour or so.

There was one little girl who did NOT want to leave our house. Nala could have EASILY hurt the little girl with one swipe of a tail. She was shorter than Nala. The little girl just stood there and hugged Nala's head. She kissed Nala's head when they left. :p

Another little girl had her mom take a picture of her with Nala.