PDA

View Full Version : Attorney Dressed as Osama bin Laden Arrested in Maine

Tralee
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Attorney Tom Connolly was arrested by police in South Portland, Maine Tuesday morning, after motorists reported a man with a gun near Interstate 295. It turns out the gun was part of a Halloween costume, but it looked real enough to passersby and police.

Connolly was dressed in an Osama Bin Laden costume and holding a fake gun and a sign that said "I love TABOR".

Officers raced to the scene and drew their weapons on Connolly. They say Connolly didn't immediately respond to their commands. He was taken into custody a few minutes later.

"The officers ordered him to drop the weapon and lay on the ground. He still walked toward the officers, dropping what appeared to be hand granades onto the roadway. He finally complied with the request of the officers and laid the weapon down and laid down on the ground himself and he was subsequently arrested," said George Berry from South Portland Police.

Connolly, who's been charged with criminal threatening, is a well known attorney. He ran an unsucessful campaign for governor in 1998. In 2000, Connolly tipped the media off to a 1970s DUI arrest by presidential candidiate George W. Bush.

In a news conference held by South Portland Police, Chief Ed Googins said Connolly's actions redefine the word "stupid." He also displayed the fake gun and the costume Connolly was wearing.

OMG I'm still shocked by what this man did. I can't beleive why one would do somthing like that. :eek:

Tralee
10-31-2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.news10.net/storyfull3.aspx?storyid=21156

RICHARD
10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL,

Again, You do not need a brain to be a professional.

I think he meant "I love Borat".

I was driving to work when I saw a clown in the car next to me...it took a second but then I realized that it was halloween.

Funny, no one realized it.

sasvermont
10-31-2006, 04:03 PM
I sent this to all the folks here at the law firm where I work. Hehehehehehe! :cool:

dukedogsmom
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Too funny! What an idiot. If he was an attorney, then he surely should have understood the police's requests.

Pam
10-31-2006, 05:11 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL,

I was driving to work when I saw a clown in the car next to me...it took a second but then I realized that it was halloween.

Funny, no one realized it.

Richard, sorry but you DO live in Cali-for-nee-ya! Could that be why? :p