PDA

View Full Version : Update on apartment...

moosmom
10-31-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm moving!! :D:D:D I heard from the management place this morning. They're waiting to hear from maintenance to see exactly what has to be done to it to get it ready for me.

I'm excited but just don't feel it. Maybe it's my meds.

My roommate Mark will be in tonight. He's letting me take the microwave, tv, vcr and bed which will just about complete my place.

They (apt mgr) asked me how many cats I have (she's a cat lover) and I told her 3 because Shortie hides whenever someone comes over. They're going to allow me to pay monthly installments on my cat deposit ($100/cat = $300) and asked me to promise not to bring any more in. Which means I won't be able to adopt Puff. :( I know Jen understands.

Well, I gotta go. My mind is racing and I'm getting a little overwhelmed. Plus I have to go to work.

Thanks for all your good wishes guys. It's been a long, tough hawl, but at least I know I won't be living out of my car.

ramanth
10-31-2006, 11:12 AM
Horray!! :d

Randi
10-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Congrats Donna! At last you can settle down and relax, and I'm sure your cats won't be a problem. ;)

Good luck!

kimlovescats
10-31-2006, 12:05 PM
That's great news, Donna! I'm sure Jen will certainly understand! You get yourself and your babies all settled down in your new "Home Sweet Home"!

Hugs,
Kim ;)

Jadapit
10-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Wonderful news! Happy moving. :D Does it upset the kitties when you move into a new place?

JenBKR
10-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Congrats Donna! That's awesome! So happy that things are going well :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-31-2006, 12:49 PM
That's great news Donna. I'm so glad something is going RIGHT for you - at long last!!!

Karen
10-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Congratulations!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-31-2006, 12:56 PM
Congratulations!!

Laura's Babies
10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
I was wondering how that was going lately. I am getting excited for you and it is great that your room mate is letting you take those things.

catnapper
10-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Great news Donna! Sorry to hear you can't take Puff.... guess that means I'll have to work some more on hubby so I can get her ;)

NoahsMommy
10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
EXCELLENT news, Donna!!!! :)

It'll feel so great to finally be in your own place with your furballs! :) I wish you lots of luck in moving and happiness in your new place.

Hugs, Kelly :D

trayi52
10-31-2006, 01:39 PM
So glad to hear it Donna!! Congratulations, at least now you don't have to be worrying about a place to live. I know that is very stressful, and you sure don't need that kind of stress in your life. I am very happy for you!

Willie :)

gini
10-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Donna, Congratulations! HOME SWEET HOME!!

Dorothy39
10-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh, I'm so happy for you Donna!!! You sure are a Go Getter~ and~ You're really going to have a place all your own with all your furr babies!!!

Can't wait to see them resting up in ther New HOME!!!!

Ahhhhhh~ There's No Place Like HOME!!!!!!

jenluckenbach
10-31-2006, 05:47 PM
I feel SO relieved that the appartment is ALL set! Too bad little Puff could not be a part of this, but you'll and the cats will be all set and that is THE most important thing.

WOW on what your room mate is giving you. That is simply wonderful. :D

GOOD LUCK with the move.

jazzcat
10-31-2006, 06:05 PM
That is very good news Donna. Congrats!!!

sandragonfly
10-31-2006, 06:15 PM
YAY, great news! I know how you feel.. :D living in car is fun!!! :rolleyes: happy, happy for you!

movINgratulations! :)

moosmom
10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes, I am VERY relieved. I asked them if they have an apt sized fridge and they said no. I'm thinking of possibly going to one of those Rent-To-Own places to see how much it would cost per week to rent one. They'll deliver it too which is one less hassle.

My cats do very well moving. They adapt very quickly as long as I'm there with them and they have their food and water. There really won't be much to adjust to cuz it's one room.

I am disappointed that I can't take Puff. She's got my heart strings. But things happen for a reason. I'm confident she'll get a great home and I know that Jen understands.

krazyaboutkatz
11-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the great update. Congrats on your new place.:)

K9karen
11-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Hooray Donna!!!! Glory at last!!!!
My home phone was broken for a few days (due to severe wind storm) so I couldn't retreive messages, call out.
Sorry i missed you-that's why I didn't call you back-got message only today.

I'll buzz you on Nov 1.....I promise!!!

Whoopie-do!!!! Wish I could hug you in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyber-sibes
11-01-2006, 05:43 AM
congratulations, girl!

Zippy
11-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Congrats that is great. :D
To bad you couldn't adopt Puff but like you said everthing happens for a reason.
You only have to pay 100 bucks for each cat that is great too we have to pay 300 dollars a cat.