PDA

View Full Version : Took in another cat yesterday ....

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-31-2006, 05:54 AM
I have the worst habbit of picking up any stray cat that will come to me.

I went outside yesterday ( i live in apartments) and there was this cute kitty sitting outside with a little bell collar on. I brought him in and made him a bed on the porch and gave him some food and water.. and figured today i would put a "found cat" sign up at the office.

WEllllllll..... come to find out last night it was my neighbors *new* cat. She said they don't have a litter box... that the kitty scratches at the door and they let him out to potty and he didn't come back yesterday.

Am i wrong with having a problem with this? It breaks my heart to see a stray kitty in apartment complexes... anything could happen to them! I keep thinking if i see the kitty outside again.... i wanna see if he can find a better home.... They just didn't seem to care enough.. Or am i over stepping my bounds?????

I know some people let their kitties outside... maybe this is just my personal pet peeve.... :confused:

Karen
10-31-2006, 05:59 AM
I'd ask them to reconsider - to try litterbox training him. He's young, right? Explain the dangers of outside/inside kitties in an busy area, and explain that yes, cats can be leash-trained for outside time.

Give them a chance to reform!

Laura's Babies
10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
My sister use to let her cat outside and she lived in an apartment and she was kept on a lease right by the door where she could keep a eye on her. If this one is a baby still, it could he easily trained to a lease.

I have a probelm with them outside too! The world is just to mean to leave them outside and noy a day goes by that I don't see them smashed on the highway.

catmandu
10-31-2006, 08:57 AM
There Are Just Too Many Thingsthat Could Happen To A Cat Outside.
There Are Creeps Who Would Sell That Cat To A Lab, And Think Nothing About It.
Or The Poor Cats Could Be Hit By A Careless Or Mean Driver.
When I Was Young We Used To Lose Our Cats To Cars, I Dont Think We Had A Cat Who Lived Much More Than Five Yeras.
Please Try To Talk Sense To These People.
The Life You Say Will Be That Little Ones.

moosmom
10-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I have a big problem with anyone who allows their cats to go outdoors. I have a friend whose cat goes out during the day and he's declawed!!! I've tried and tried to convince her to keep him in, but I might as well talk to myself. She justifies it by saying she never allows him outdoors at night. Big deal!! I've told her about him getting into a fight with a whole (or neutered for that matter) male that isn't UTD on his shots, etc.

So many bad things can happen to them while they are outside. I wish people would think before they act. :(

orangemm
10-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Well, gee, as a responsible pet owner, she should have a litter box for the cat. What if it's pouring rain or snowing? Does she get up in the middle of the night to let the cat out?

Hmm, sounds like another kitty who should go "poof". :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
10-31-2006, 08:48 PM
She doesn't have a litter box for the cat. :confused: Well I've heard everything now. What if there is no one home to let this cat out and he can't hold it any longer and goes on the carpet or floor. What will they do then. Kick him out for good.

I would just keep an eye on the situation, like I did with Sweetpea and use your own judgement.

Do you know around what age this cat is?

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2006, 11:52 PM
This sounds like a very bad situation for the poor kitty.:( I would also keep observing him/her and if things keep getting worse then I agree that the kitty needs to go poof. Some people just aren't meant to have any animals.

Sonia59
11-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Mmmh, no litter box for an apartment kitty :eek: Don't they have toilets for themselves in this apartment :confused:

Not sure the kitty has found the best home :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice...

I think if i see kitty outside again.. i'm gonna tell her she needs to get a litter box and keep kitty inside or he could get snatched up.. (by me ;) )

I'm guessing he isn't a year old yet...
It is a very young couple.. and they have two dogs... they have pictures of the kitty and dogs... i really think they love the kitty.... but i just can't stand to see cats roaming the apartments....

when i was little i saw a group of kids abusing a cat in the apartments i lived and i guess i get a little overprotective and snatch up stray apartment cats. :o