PDA

View Full Version : Hello, newbie here...(m)

DOGLVR
06-08-2002, 12:30 AM
I wasn't sure where to put my FIRST post, hope this is alright..I stumbled upon this website in hopes to find an informational spot to ask questions and read what others have to say about their pets. I have two (2) dogs and (4) cats. My dogs are Skoob, he's what they call a Bug (Boston/Pug mix) and a black Labradore Retriever puppy. I have no clue how old she is. She was given to me by a neighbor that found her in their backyard one morning. They looked everywhere for a hole in the yard from her possibly digging, they found no holes. The gate was still shut so she couldn't have entered that way either. We are all thinking that someone wasn't able to keep her for some reason and took a chance on putting her in my neighbors backyard. They held onto her for a few days thinking someone would come looking for her or maybe changed their minds on leaving her their but no one ever came. They asked me if I would want her and I couldn't say no. She's gorgious, smart and the whole family including all three of my kids love her to death! I have a few pictures of her, by the way, her name is Lilli Sue :D. I'm not real sure on how I would put one (pic) up on my post. I'll figure it out I guess. I have a few of Skoob also to share. Is there any certain "post," message board where they would prefer pictures went or does it really matter? Ok, thanks for taking the time to read all of this, hope to be talking to you soon. I'm hoping someone knows a little info on Labradors???? :confused:

Take Care,

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-08-2002, 12:34 AM
WELCOME DOGLVR....
There are soo many people who love labs so I am sure that someone will give you any information you need.... We lOOOVE pictures here so If you can post some we would loooove to see them. I just know you will love it here if you are looking for somewhere to talk about your pets!!!!! and WELCOME again!!! :D :)

DOGLVR
06-08-2002, 12:45 AM
Hello and thank you so much for the welcome!! I wasn't expecting such a quick responce:D!! Anyway, I wanted to ask you, if you don't mind, how do you post pics on here?? Would you mind explaining?? You have some GORGIOUS KITTIES!! Thanks again!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-08-2002, 01:09 AM
Do you have a digital camera?!??! I don't so I don't know how to do it that way....
Do you have a scanner? I don't have one of those so I can't help you there either......

NOW.... HOW I DO MINE :p
When I have my pictures developed I have them put them on a cd... then I opened an account at www.imagestation.com (it is free) then I uploaded my pictures into photo albums on the website... you can have old pics put on a cd too just bring your negatives to the photoshop.....

After you get your account set up at imagestation... right click on the picture and click on properties.....
click the address/url hold it down and highlight it....
now right click the highlighted address and copy it....
now on Pet Talk.... whenever you are replying or posting a new thread..... click the IMG button at the top
right click in the box and paste the address/url in the box and hit o.k.

hope this all made since
GOOD LUCK CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES OF YOUR FURKIDS!!!:)

Logan
06-08-2002, 06:02 AM
Hi Doglvr, and welcome to Pet Talk. You can post anywhere, but to get the best responses about your subject, talk about your dogs in the Dog Section (Dog General is a good place for "general" questions), Cats in the Cat section! Most people talk about their "other" pets like hamsters, bunnies, birds, etc in Pet General. But many of us check all of them anyway (especially if they have a menagerie like me).

Don't forget to give us your webshots link. I would love to see your pictures. My mother has a Boston Terrier, and I would love to see pictures of a Boston/Pug mix! And there are many retriever fans on this board, for sure. We love Labs, Goldens, you name it!!

Logan

tatsxxx11
06-08-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi Doglvr!!! I see you've already been given the picture posting tutorial!! I am DYING to see pics of your Labbie puppy, Lilli Sue!!!:) I have a Lab (girl) named Star and we'd both love to lend you lend you a guiding hand and paw as you set off on this great adventure!:D Of course Star's advice might not jive with Mom's!;) I also have Cody, a Husky/Shep, two kitties, Mr. B and Oliver and 2 guinea piggies, Squeekers and Moonbeam! Welcome to Pet Talk and bring on the questions and pictures!

Pam
06-08-2002, 08:04 AM
Hi Dogluvr and welcome to Pet Talk! I have two cats and a standard poodle named Bella. I am looking forward to meeting your gang and am especially eager to see a pic of Skoob.....what a neat name for a new breed... a Bug!! LOL! Although I don't have a pug myself I absolutely adore their little smashy faces. Happy to meet you!

sammi
06-08-2002, 09:09 AM
WELCOME!!! I have one dog named Buddy who is part lab/husky. You will like it here as most are very friendly.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-08-2002, 12:09 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I am 'mom' to four cats that think they are people: Leroy, Leonardo, Luke, and Chester. I am looking forward to your pictures too.:)

Ann
06-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Hi and welcome DOGLVR!! :) So nice to have you here!

You can always use the attach system to post pics on your computer, I'm sure you'll figure it out! Good luck ;)

DOGLVR
06-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Love your website, you did a wonderful job, gorgious kitties and puppy dog!

AdoreMyDogs
06-08-2002, 05:33 PM
Welcome, Doglvr! I think you will really like this site, it's a great place with some really wonderful folks.

I'd love to see pics of your pups. I bet they are adorable :) I have two mixed breeds: Graham, an australian shepherd mix and Kersey, a German shepherd/lab mix.

Again, welcome to the site :)

DOGLVR
06-08-2002, 05:44 PM
:) Thank you so much for responding to my post!! I've gotten so many responses from people in such a short time, it's too sweet! Wish we all lived in the same town where we could all get together and talk face to face with our furry animals!:D

Anyway, thanks again

*LabLoverKEB*
06-08-2002, 10:46 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, DOGLVR!!! I'm sure you'll love it here!

I have a Black Labrador Retriever, too, named Sadie! Yes, I am a Lab person, I LOVE Labs!

DOGLVR
06-09-2002, 07:47 PM
Hi thanks a bunch for the welcome.

I don't know if you read my other post or not but would you mind taking a glance at my Lilli Sue and give me your guess too as to what other breed you think she might be other then lab?

Thanks and have a nice day!:)