PDA

View Full Version : Hottie is lame

borzoimom
10-30-2006, 05:05 PM
He has advanced OCD, had surgery and has brittle bones in his back. I almost lost him two month ago, but he pulled out. Today he is lame.. Please put him in prayer.. Please...
I called the vet. He said to up his glucosamine and give him asprin. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow, but my husband may take him back in tomorrow. His sister died in anethesia, so we are avoiding this if he fractured his back again..

Husky15
10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
As soon as I saw the name of this thread I knew it was about your Hottie. I will most definitely keep him in my prayers and thoughts. I sure hope everything gets better. Just keep doing what the vet says to. Hottie is such a beautiful dog.

borzoimom
10-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Thank you.. He scared us last month before I came here. He cant do steps now, but I am taking him out the front as this house has a ramp...
I love this boy. Cant imagine my life without him. the problem is he has a bone brittle disease, and fractured his back a month ago. One of these days, he will fracture his back, and the piece will cut the spinal cord. I am trying not to think about this, but my vet is very good.
Please put him in prayer..

critter crazy
10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Awwww.....Por hottie!!! I am so sad, he is such a gorgeous boy!!!! Get better Hottie! We all Love you!!!!

Danegirl2208
10-30-2006, 05:15 PM
oh :( poor boy :( i will definatly keep him in my prayers...give him a big hug for me, k? :(

borzoimom
10-30-2006, 05:17 PM
God Bless you..
I have heard a weaker tone in his bark. I hope this is just temporary. Just keep him in prayer please...

MajesticCollies
10-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Michelle I am so sorry to hear this news. Bless his little heart. Many, many prayers from Majestic Collies.

borzoimom
10-30-2006, 05:29 PM
I took him out twice. He stayed right with me. Usually he tries to cruise the yard. I am hoping he just pulled his back. The vet said to put him on asprin again and let him relax. He is being quiet without yelping when asleep but I am worried.. He cant get up without help. A 100 pound dog is hard to lift but I am trying.
I just hope he does okay. I almost lost him last month. He fractured his back barking at a bear ( borzois do like a polar bear bounce..)
I just pray he is okay. .. My husband is going to take him in tomorrow when I am at the hospital. I wish I could be there, but I cant. I just feel awful..

kimlovescats
10-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, and especially right now before your surgery! :( I hope and pray everything will be ok with Hottie, and it is just a sprain!

Hugs,
Kim

Daisy and Delilah
10-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news!! Especially days before your surgery. Please Hottie....snap out of it sweetie! Mom needs for you to be well :( I'm sending strong thoughts and prayers.

Karen
10-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Awww, poor Hottie! No bouncing at bears! Not now, silly boy! All four paws stay ON the ground.

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 05:01 AM
Awww, poor Hottie! No bouncing at bears! Not now, silly boy! All four paws stay ON the ground.
I told him basically the exact same thing.. lol. jeez..
Its early morning but he is stiff. I heard him yelp twice last night in his sleep, so he is going in this morning. My husband seems to think its his left shoulder. I have to be at the hospital at 10, but when I spoke to my vet he said that Darrell could drop him off this morning. He is going to take a good look at him, and observe him for a few hours. My husband told my vet that he didnt want me home alone with him because he knows I would try to help him, and I really shouldnt physically..

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 07:38 AM
My vet just called me. He thinks its just a strain in his back, and will keep him for the day to observe but that is his thoughts on this.. whew!!!

Lori Jordan
10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you,I hope Hottie pulls through this..Keep us updated!

sabies
10-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Sorry to hear, I hope Hottie feels better soon. My thoughts are with you.

pitc9
10-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Glad to hear Dr thinks it's just a strain!
Hugs to you all!
I hope Hottie's back to normal in no time!

Dorothy39
10-31-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm relieved that the Vet thinks this is a sprain instead of another OCD Episode!!!! :o

Keeping You and Your Family in my Postive thoughts ~ That the weeks ahead will Be Met with Smooth Recoveries!!!!!

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 10:41 AM
My surgery thursday is more serious than we thought. I am home today but tests tomorrow.
At least my boy is better, and my husband is picking him up at 3pm.

Dorothy39
10-31-2006, 10:50 AM
I'll keep right on Praying, remembering that you feel POSITIVE with your Doctor ~ A Positive Attitude, coupled with a lot of Pet Talk Prayers~ Will be
holding onto you, helping you to Relax~ And to feel " in good hands" that everything will work out just the way it is intended to.

{{{HUGS}}}}

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 10:53 AM
amen...

Logan
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Lots of prayers for you and for Hottie, from South Carolina!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm glad to hear that it's not as bad as feared with Hottie. I hope you are ok, too!

borzoimom
10-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Hottie is back home. Still limping and favoring his front. He is going to be on this anti-inflamatory for a few days. Luckily I have a ramp out the front I can take him out on instead of the screen porch stairs.
None of us are totally sure what happened. The vet said that it appeared to him to be a strain, at least not enough to have cracked a bone in his back. The sore spot is at the withers he noticed as the day progressed. He probably landed wrong yesterday afternoon. Right now, the muscle relaxers has him pretty knocked out. I guess I will just give him hand fed dinner here in about an hour.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I do believe prayer makes a difference, especially where two or more are gathered.

borzoimom
11-01-2006, 04:23 AM
No yelping last night in his sleep... I hope we are progressing here. Thank you all for your prayers!