PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God!!!!!!

critter crazy
10-30-2006, 03:39 PM
I was looking at all the pics of my bunnies, and I noticed something horrid!!! I am still in shock!! Buttercup has testicles!!! OH MY GOD!!! I have had a boy all this time, and never noticed!!! everytime i picked him up, I couldnt tell with all his fur, but after seeing the pic, and then doing a through exam, it is confirmed!! I am not sure if it is too late, but I seperated him from Sugar, and he is going to get Neutered Weds. Morning! Hubby is furious!! The people promissed us that he wasa girl!! Now, Him and sugar have been in the same cage since Sugar was 7 weeks old!! Sugar is now 6 months old!! I am gonna take sugar to get fixed as well!! Geesh, I cannot believe we havent had babies!!! I am so freaked out right now!!!

Here is the Pic I noticed Buttercups(now Just Butters) extra appendages!!!
I cannot believe I never noticed before!!:eek:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_1278.jpg
Can you see them???:eek:

Zippy
10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh no.I hope Sugar is not pregenet.

Husky_mom
10-30-2006, 03:44 PM
are they the wittle pink smudge in the righ corner??.......then yes I do LOL......never noticed you could see them LOL........lucky you, now weŽll wait and see if you get to see 20 more ears........ ;)

Corinna
10-30-2006, 03:58 PM
SOme of those guys can hide them very well. Good luck to both in their surjuries

critter crazy
10-30-2006, 04:00 PM
are they the wittle pink smudge in the righ corner??.......then yes I do LOL......never noticed you could see them LOL........lucky you, now weŽll wait and see if you get to see 20 more ears........ ;)

Yes the pink smudge in the right corner!:eek:
Gosh i hope not!! But if it turns out that she is preggars, i will find loving hiomes for all the babies. I still hope she isnt tho!:eek:

Miss Z
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
LOL, animals certainly have ways of surprising us! Fingers crossed that Sugar turned him down ;)

Chilli
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
What a surprise!
Good thing he'll be getting neutered.. and fingers crossed that Sugar isn't pregnant!

critter crazy
10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
I have everything crossed right now!! The thing is rabbits can get pregnant as early as 6 months, and sugar just turned 6 months, so lets hope that she isnt!! Thank god i realized or we could be in Bunny population overload!:eek: Now I know why there is an abundance of bunnies! They are tricky little devils!:rolleyes:

lvpets2002
10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
:) As I Would Say Oppssyy Dooddlles ..

Karen
10-30-2006, 05:06 PM
First thing we did when we got Miss Hoppy was schedule a vet appointment so, among other things, we'd know her gender!

Good luck with the surgeries, for both of 'em!

buttercup132
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm not surprised. It seemed odd for a 1 year old not spayed doe to take so well to a baby..I sure hope shes not pregnant.

You should always check with a expert. Just because they promised dosent mean its true.

Not trying to pick on you or anything , but dont you take them for vet appointments when you first get them to make sure everything is ok:confused: And get them fixed at 6 months for their own good.

I pray she isnt pregant

zoomer
10-30-2006, 08:15 PM
OMG WHAT A SURPRISE :eek: I hope the girlie isn't pregnant...

critter crazy
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm not surprised. It seemed odd for a 1 year old not spayed doe to take so well to a baby..I sure hope shes not pregnant.

You should always check with a expert. Just because they promised dosent mean its true.

Not trying to pick on you or anything , but dont you take them for vet appointments when you first get them to make sure everything is ok:confused: And get them fixed at 6 months for their own good.

I pray she isnt pregant

well I am not taking offence, I am new to the whole bunny ownership deal. I was told, that when I got them they were vaccinated. I also didnt think i needed to spay them as I thought they were both girls. They arent like cats and dogs, and run loose or anything, thye are always in their bunny cage. I understand How ignorant I sound, but that is how i looked at it. It took me quite a while to finally find a vet to schedule thier spaying as it is. It is amazing that there are many vets that dont do it! and by the way Sugar just turned 6 months last week, and butters is only 8 months.

buttercup132
10-31-2006, 05:39 AM
well I am not taking offence, I am new to the whole bunny ownership deal. I was told, that when I got them they were vaccinated. I also didnt think i needed to spay them as I thought they were both girls. They arent like cats and dogs, and run loose or anything, thye are always in their bunny cage. I understand How ignorant I sound, but that is how i looked at it. It took me quite a while to finally find a vet to schedule thier spaying as it is. It is amazing that there are many vets that dont do it! and by the way Sugar just turned 6 months last week, and butters is only 8 months.Its not just the fact that if they are both girls , rabbits unlike other animals have a very high risk of getting genital cancer and would die when they are 3 compared to a altered bun who can happily live her life out as long as a dog. :confused: You dont let them out to have a run either?
Again not trying to sound rude. If you are new to the bunny world then Im just trying to help and give advice. Even if the cage is huge rabbits are supposed to have at least 2 hours outside of their cage. They are outside buns right?
If you dont have time to take them out and play with them you can build a attachment maybe to their cage that lets them play outside . Just a thought.

critter crazy
10-31-2006, 06:34 AM
Its not just the fact that if they are both girls , rabbits unlike other animals have a very high risk of getting genital cancer and would die when they are 3 compared to a altered bun who can happily live her life out as long as a dog. :confused: You dont let them out to have a run either?
Again not trying to sound rude. If you are new to the bunny world then Im just trying to help and give advice. Even if the cage is huge rabbits are supposed to have at least 2 hours outside of their cage. They are outside buns right?
If you dont have time to take them out and play with them you can build a attachment maybe to their cage that lets them play outside . Just a thought.

Yes they get to come out of their cage, thats not what I meant! I meant they cant run off with the neighboring bunny! I have an outdoor run that they use, and they play inside the house with me. They get to run around all they want down stairs. What I was talking about, was unlike a dog or cat, they cant just get loose, and end up with the neighbors bunny, and get preggers. I understand now, that i was ignorant, and they are getting fixed tomarrow!
And yes the buunies are outside, but only during nice weather, I just brought them in to spend the winter inside with me. I am a new Bunny owner, and am trying to do the right thing. I love my bunnies!

buttercup132
10-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Yes they get to come out of their cage, thats not what I meant! I meant they cant run off with the neighboring bunny! I have an outdoor run that they use, and they play inside the house with me. They get to run around all they want down stairs. What I was talking about, was unlike a dog or cat, they cant just get loose, and end up with the neighbors bunny, and get preggers. I understand now, that i was ignorant, and they are getting fixed tomarrow!
And yes the buunies are outside, but only during nice weather, I just brought them in to spend the winter inside with me. I am a new Bunny owner, and am trying to do the right thing. I love my bunnies!Ok lol sorry I didnt understand what you ment.

critter crazy
11-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Well Butters got fixed today, and is doing great! he was a little groggy, but otherwise doing good. The vet Assist. at the vets office come to find out is my neighbor!! how cool is that??? he he he he! she even delivered Butters to me after, he was neutered! She is awsome!

Unfortunately I was not able to Fix Sugar, as she is indeed pregnant, and the vet thinks she is between 2-3 weeks along, so within another week or two she will give birth! But My neighbor, Lisa(the Vet tech) Has explained everything i need to do to prepare fpr the new babies, and has also offered to help me find great homes. So as soon as she can, after the babies are born, she will also be fixed.

I am actually excited at the upcoming arrivals, and am hoping things go Okay. I feel so much better knowing that two doors down is a vet tech should any problems arise. So fingers crossed that the babies and momma make it!

CathyBogart
11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Excellent! I had an "oops" litter when I was younger, and while it was challenging finding them all good homes, I really enjoyed watching them grow up. :) I'm looking forward to lots and lots of pictures of the new arrivals! :)

critter crazy
11-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I am very excited to see the birth of these babies, as I have never had a pregnant animal before, except whe i was 5 and didnt get to see it. But I am also very scared! But I just have to think positive that things will be okay, adn they will!!

critter crazy
11-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Well Sugar is getting very aggressive lately! According to the web, this is very common with pregnant females. She got very upset when I went to clean out the cage yesterday, i have never heard a rabbit growl before! scared the crud right out of me!:eek: I put her nest box in last night, cause we arent exactly sure when she is due, so we want to be prepared. She loved it! whent right in and started moving all the bedding around and made a nice little spot! I will be viligantly watching her from now on, looking for any signs that she is ready! I guess the biggest sign is when she starts linning the nest with her fur. Getting excited!(and Nervoous!!):eek:

buttercup132
11-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Yes she will get very agressive.
She should have her babies sometime next week.
Make sure Butters isnt in the same cage as her though because it can aggitate her alot and make her hold the babies in. Also he WILL kill the babies.She should be in a quiet secluded place.
Dont be surprised if she dosent use the nest box too, not every bunny dose. Just be sure to put them in there once they are born.
Pm me if you have any questions I have unfortunatly been through this
for the same reason as you.

critter crazy
11-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes she will get very agressive.
She should have her babies sometime next week.
Make sure Butters isnt in the same cage as her though because it can aggitate her alot and make her hold the babies in. Also he WILL kill the babies.She should be in a quiet secluded place.
Dont be surprised if she dosent use the nest box too, not every bunny dose. Just be sure to put them in there once they are born.
Pm me if you have any questions I have unfortunatly been through this
for the same reason as you.

Butters is already removed, he had his neutering and needed to be quiet anyways to heal. So he will stay in his cage on his own.

GreyhoundGirl
11-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh.... Baby Bunnies... I'm so excited! :D

Chilli
11-03-2006, 06:08 PM
How exciting! I'm glad you plan to get her fixed afterwards. :D
You MUST show us pictures after the babies are born. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous!
Good luck to Sugar with her pregnancy. I'm sure things will go just fine. =)

critter crazy
11-03-2006, 06:10 PM
I will do my best to get pics as soon as they arive! of course, that is if i can do it without losing an appendage, from mom!!!!:eek: