PDA

View Full Version : Have a ? On designer Breeds

Lori Jordan
10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
I was looking through the news paper yesterday,And im always drawn to look at the "Pets For Sale" Anyways there was a add for a red Chihuahuas and Morkies pups is that a designer breed or and actual breed i have never heard of it before?

GreyhoundGirl
10-30-2006, 01:45 PM
I've never heard of it either... Sounds like a Maltese Yorkie. The advertiser probably made it up.

molucass
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I have heard that term before. It is a designer breed... Yorkie and Maltese.

luvofallhorses
10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
I've never heard of it either... Sounds like a Maltese Yorkie. The advertiser probably made it up.

no, it's a designer breed that's been around for awhile. :rolleyes:

My Peanuts
10-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Designer breed is a fancy name for mutt. Shelters are full of unnamed "designer breeds."

luvofallhorses
10-30-2006, 02:11 PM
this is in my local paper..

Shih-Poms, 1st shots, started on housebreaking, asst. colors, $200 & $250. Mother is Shih Tzu, Father is Pomeranian

Cock-a-Poo Pups $250. Lhasapoo pups $250. Non-shedding & shots

:mad: :( :mad: :(

areias
10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
I was at the flea market yesterday and walked by the 'puppy booth'. Maltipoo-$350. Pomapoo-$450. Peka-Chi....$650!!! The pek/chi mixes, there was probably 7-10 of them, NONE were long haired, but several had underbites. I think they were just plain accidental litter mutts. And then they had some "purebred" maltese pups there-only $200. Since when do mutts go for more than the purebreds???

At the dog park the other day, and I was talking to some lady with a labradoodle. I questioned why she got the dog, and she said because it's a rare, up and coming new breed. Her dog was humping everything, and she made the comment that she wasn't going to neuter him because he cost $1500. I told that at the moment, there is one in the shelter, labeled as a 'terrier mix', looks just like hers, and it's only $75. :mad:

Lori Jordan
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
there is one thing i do not understand,my mother went and got a a dog from the pound,he's a pitt bull/lab.........I will add pictures she just got him last wednesday and i must add he is such a lover....he is too cute,anyways there us no way she could get papers for him and he's a mutt,but how do these owners of these designer breeds register them?it makes no sence as far as im concerned if they can do it every single dog should be registers right???Makes sence,Not that it matters,Just a thought i had,i have nothing against the animal,but i am very surprised no one has put up a stink about these designer breeds with papers and not our mutts that we have got from a shelter,if you ask me there is no difference.

My Peanuts
10-30-2006, 02:44 PM
I don't know what kind of papers they are getting. Those 'breeds' aren't recognized by the AKC. Lori Jordan, don't take my comments as attacking you for asking about them, the whole designer breed thing makes me mad, but not mad at you :)

Lori Jordan
10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
No worries hun i never thought that i was just wondering how these dogs are being registerd....

My mothers new dog....

I think his name was Beau im not sure if she will change it,this is his picture off the shelter site.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/get_image.jpg

My Peanuts
10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
He's VERY cute! I see a lot of the lab in him. :)

My Peanuts
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
BTW, we got papers with Sylvia, my BLACK Pug. The papers say she's FAWN. We were going to get them fixed. I think they are for a different dog. We just left them as is because we really don't need the papers for anything anyway.

Lori Jordan
10-30-2006, 02:58 PM
I was at the flea market yesterday and walked by the 'puppy booth'. Maltipoo-$350. Pomapoo-$450. Peka-Chi....$650!!! The pek/chi mixes, there was probably 7-10 of them, NONE were long haired, but several had underbites. I think they were just plain accidental litter mutts. And then they had some "purebred" maltese pups there-only $200. Since when do mutts go for more than the purebreds???

At the dog park the other day, and I was talking to some lady with a labradoodle. I questioned why she got the dog, and she said because it's a rare, up and coming new breed. Her dog was humping everything, and she made the comment that she wasn't going to neuter him because he cost $1500. I told that at the moment, there is one in the shelter, labeled as a 'terrier mix', looks just like hers, and it's only $75. :mad:

This happens all the time i once seen a add for a english bulldog,it said (English bulldog,1500.00,No papers.so people do pay the extra im sure it makes no sence,When i got Bandit,he was 350.00 as soon as i said i might breed him with Lacy,his price went up too 650.00,i did not care i wanted him,i never did breed them because of his aggressivness,he was not a very well minded dog and i did not want to see his pups turn out to be like him,I loved him dont get me wrong but he has problems not with us but strangers,Look at your local paper everyday,you will be amazed what mutts are going for.

Lori Jordan
10-30-2006, 02:59 PM
He's VERY cute! I see a lot of the lab in him. :)

Yes he looks more like a lab,But can you see in his chest that is pittbull i think anyways he looks like a lab but is built like a pitt lol he is such a cute lil guy.

critter crazy
10-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Designer breeds are every where now! :( everytime i look in the paper, there are more designer breeds than pure(not that i would buy a dog from the paper, pure or otherwise) my MIL, against my wishes bought a cockapoo from the pet store 3 years ago, and it has had cataracts for 2 yrs now!!!!:mad: I told her it was nothing but a dog from a BYB but she wouldnt listen, now she has a half blind 3 yr old!! My dog Duke was a result of people trying to make a new designer breed! his parents were both AKC Registered, his mother was a Bloodhound, and his father was a Black Lab! They gave him to me, Because he got too big!!! DUH!! God, it gets me so angry!! I am very happy that in our area, we only have 1 petstore that sells puppies now! I wish there was none, but, 1 is better than the 10 we used to have!! Now we just need to take all the BYB's and have them Neutered!!( I am refering to the breeders, but yeah the dogs too!);)

Lori Jordan
10-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Regardless what Breed Duke is he is such a handsome little man,About pet stores,My SIL bought a Australian Shepherd Riley,4 Years ago,And he has been the best dog in the world,My SIL asked the lady is he from a puppy mill,she said no ofcourse,But ya never know,I have never bought a dog from a pet store.I just wisht them all luck i hate too see any animal without a home.

critter crazy
10-30-2006, 03:13 PM
SILKY POO PUPS 8 wks. old, all shots & wormed, small & fluffy, $225.

PUGGLE PUPPIES Shots, wormed, 5 males, $275. Pug Mix puppies $195

MULTI-POOS $300

SHIH TZU/MALTESE Puppies Little bundles of joy. Family raised, 1st shots, dewormed. M $400, F $450; 2.5 yr old female $125 some medical attention needed.

COCKAPOOS, YORKIE-POOS, Yorkie Pup, Home bred. Delivery.

GOLDENDOODLE
Puppies. Beautiful addition to your family. Vet checked. $300-$600

LABRADOODLE Puppies. Black, cream, apricot, loving, smart, vet checked, $100-$500.

CAIRN TERRIER/POODLE Puppies: 1st shots, vet checked, wormed, M. $180 & F. $200. Family raised & sociable

COCKAPOO PUPPIES: $300. Available 11/10

YORKIE POOS Designer pups, adorable, great temperment, raised w/ kids $450

Now that is alot od BYB!!!! it is disgusting!!:mad:

borzoimom
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
and they can get the same thing at any shelter for like a 60 dollar or less adoption fee...