PDA

View Full Version : Parked our SUV in a puddle, & woke up to it covered in mud o.O

king2005
10-30-2006, 11:34 AM
hehehe Thats what we're telling Bill our car dealer lol

Bill told us to pick any vehicle on his lot & we picked the grey blue SUV. He told us to have fun driving to Ottawa & to test it out to see how it runs.

OH BOY DID WE EVER TEST IT OUT hahahaha :D

We took it to a Quarry near Ottawa (500km from where we live) & took it off roading in the mud puddle & in the swampy grass :D

When we arrived at 9pm sat it was so dark, that it made the muddy water that was waving over the truck, really really cool looking in the headlights!!

We did that for about 30 mins, then started to feel sick from going around in circles (we stayed in a small area)... It rained a little that night so most of the mud fell off the truck. So we went back sun night on our way home & did the same thing, except we went into the deeper part of the swampy grass.

OMG we had a hoot! We had a trucker song playing & were flooring it in the muck... the truck is covered in liquid mud, has chunks of thick mud on it & there are plants all over it lol :D There is mud & grass in the rims, the steps has 4" of mud on it (you can't step on it its so muddy).

After we finished playing in the muck & feeling sick again, we drove to a small town to put gas in it.. It took Chad & I an hour to clean the windows, lights & door handles (safety reasons!!).. We had so many people telling us how much trouble we were in becasue of the dealer plate :rolleyes: The dealer is our friend & Chad works for him aswell.

We also solved the 4x4 issues we were having earlier in the week. The low doesn't work & you have to have the truck in park before switching it from auto to High 4x4. If you switch it into low, the truck has a stupid hard time getting out of 1st gear when you get out of low 4x4. To the point we were stuck in 1st gear for 2hrs last week. Doing 20km on an 80km road sucks. But we also sold the truck *sniffles* & 4 other cars while on our trip to Ottawa :D

We are using the muddy truck as advertizing for the dealer. Whos gonna forget 3 young adults (Chad & Andrew are 20 & look their age & I'm 24, but look younger then them) in a muddy SUV?

I took several pictures of the truck before Chad & I washed the windows. Chad took a few photos of me standing by the truck.

Can't wait until the next time we go to Carleton Place.. Chad & I are playing bumper trucks the next time we go up there. WOOHOO the joy of being hicks!!!

Cataholic
10-30-2006, 11:58 AM
WOW.

Thank goodness I don't live in Canada, am not in the market for a SUV, or have to extend sypmpathies to a group of families that just lost their young adult children to a completely avoidable circumstance.

:(

caseysmom
10-30-2006, 12:09 PM
If your friend plans on selling that SUV as new I hope he thinks again, that would be a crime.

Jadapit
10-30-2006, 12:13 PM
My son pulled that stunt awhile back with a rented truck. He ended up paying over $500.00 for damages. It served him right for not taking care of something that was NOT his.....

Blue_Frog
10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
I love getting my truck absolutely filthy going up to my moms' farm (the road has been torn apart for a while now, and it has some satisfying bumps-n-mud to go through), and then driving back into Toronto and seeing all the never-dirtied trucks on the road. Mind you, i can't help it getting dirty, since I end up taking it into the woods, through the fields, and all over the place to haul wood, the trailer, the boat, etc. :)

I've never done donuts with my truck before tho - i'd be terrified of tipping it! :eek: And since its still realitively new (about a year-n-half old), I'm still taking super-care with it - I don't want to break it! I use it for what a truck is designed for - some off road, and some hauling of things, but no super-speed craziness :)

I used to do donuts with my old car in the winter though, in deserted and lamppost free parking lots after a snowstorm - tons of fun! :D

king2005
10-30-2006, 12:34 PM
WOW.

Thank goodness I don't live in Canada, am not in the market for a SUV, or have to extend sypmpathies to a group of families that just lost their young adult children to a completely avoidable circumstance.

Huh?

The guy wants the SUV to go off roading in.. Most SUV are not able to go off the road as they aren't built for it. This one is used & you never know if the 4x4 even works. The high 4x4 works just fine & the buyer is excited about his new SUV that he can play in the mud with. Sorry but we don't sell lemons & we have 1yr warranties on the cars.

Have you never gone to a car or truck derbie? I have been to many & so has Chad. Chad has driven in derbies & we know how to keep it safer then derbies (derbies hit from all over & there are many cars driving wildly in all directions). :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Hee hee heee...sounds like fun! You should see what some of my friends do to rental cars, LoL!!

king2005
10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
If your friend plans on selling that SUV as new I hope he thinks again, that would be a crime.

OMG what is it with you people, sheesh... Its a new car to the guy buying it.. Just as my "USED" 1999 car is my "new" car... They only sell used cars anyways. Also the big 1998 plate on the SUV kinda gives away its age, so does the rust & the top 1/2 of the drivers step thats missing.

Some people need to stop reading into everything so mush, & try to enjoy the shared story once & a while & stop raining on others parades all the time.

I honestly shouldn't have to type a novel explaining every single little detail when its not needed in a fun story of what fun I did on a weekend. I'm sure no one wants min by min of what I did or what we said, or who was sitting where & wearing what & why we were wearing that & why we were sitting where we were & so on & so forth...

Explaining a tragity or an emergency is one thing, but a fun story, give me a break? :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
10-30-2006, 01:00 PM
WOW.

Apparently it is also good I don't want to buy a used rental car. I know of people who do and will warn them....

king2005
10-30-2006, 01:00 PM
My son pulled that stunt awhile back with a rented truck. He ended up paying over $500.00 for damages. It served him right for not taking care of something that was NOT his.....

OMG these stupid little details are getting anoying to explain & killing the joy of the post.. The 4x4 needed to be tested.. Also we were NOT driving it hard, nor was it hardcore off roading.. it was a flat area of grass that was flooded.. we had maybe 50' to drive in circles in. We didn't want to go further into the Quarry as thats where all the rocks & pot holes are... We were just playing in muck, in a truck that needed to be tested!

Jadapit
10-30-2006, 01:05 PM
My son LOVES going 4-wheeling its a passion of his. He bought a new Dodge truck and a guy hit him from behind so his truck was in the shop. The insurance paid for him to rent a truck while his was being fixed. The truck they rented to him was 4 wheel drive. Him and his buddies took it up to the mountains. My son did some damage to it so he had to pay the price. I was just saying it was his own fault... ;)

Cataholic
10-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Let's rewind and review-

You took someone else's vehicle, and were treating it in such a way it took an hour to clean up some of it. You took it into 'swamp', and drove it crazily enough that you guys got sick from the motion. The "experienced" driver was all of 20- YIKES. You did it all for fun.

Then, most of the posters look at your OP as something outside of normal, but YOU suggest there is an issue with us?

Thanks for sharing your stories.

king2005
10-30-2006, 01:16 PM
I love getting my truck absolutely filthy going up to my moms' farm (the road has been torn apart for a while now, and it has some satisfying bumps-n-mud to go through), and then driving back into Toronto and seeing all the never-dirtied trucks on the road. Mind you, i can't help it getting dirty, since I end up taking it into the woods, through the fields, and all over the place to haul wood, the trailer, the boat, etc. :)

I've never done donuts with my truck before tho - i'd be terrified of tipping it! :eek: And since its still realitively new (about a year-n-half old), I'm still taking super-care with it - I don't want to break it! I use it for what a truck is designed for - some off road, and some hauling of things, but no super-speed craziness :)

I used to do donuts with my old car in the winter though, in deserted and lamppost free parking lots after a snowstorm - tons of fun! :D

OH the memories of farm muck hahaha
We got the 4 wheeler stuck in 2.5 feet of muck.. it was the funniest thing ever... Took forever to get us all off the 4wheeler, as Ronnie had to chop down a tree for us to walk on hehe We were in Verner (near Sudbury) land of the farms, so you had to travel by 4 wheeler to get to some areas & well.. we learned that a goopy mud puddle isn't a whole lot of fun when stuck in the middle of it haha BUT we still all had a blast & a hot shower after it.. The 4 wheeler was rescued days later by the tractor that removed it brute force style lol

king2005
10-30-2006, 01:20 PM
My son LOVES going 4-wheeling its a passion of his. He bought a new Dodge truck and a guy hit him from behind so his truck was in the shop. The insurance paid for him to rent a truck while his was being fixed. The truck they rented to him was 4 wheel drive. Him and his buddies took it up to the mountains. My son did some damage to it so he had to pay the price. I was just saying it was his own fault... ;)

Where we took the truck a car would have survived. It was flat ground, no boulders, no trees, nothing for us to harm the truck on.. the only difference between a car & the truck is that the car would have gotten stuck in the 6" mud puddle & the truck went through with no issues.. we gunned it a few times to get the mud flying, but Chad knew how to handle the truck, as hes been playing in that puddle since he was young.

king2005
10-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Let's rewind and review-

You took someone else's vehicle, and were treating it in such a way it took an hour to clean up some of it. You took it into 'swamp', and drove it crazily enough that you guys got sick from the motion. The "experienced" driver was all of 20- YIKES. You did it all for fun.

Then, most of the posters look at your OP as something outside of normal, but YOU suggest there is an issue with us?

Yes cleaning muck off of 8 windows, 2 plates, 4 lights & 2 door handles takes time with a gas station squeegy. Its not easy cleaning mud off of windows, as it smears all over & makes it take longer to clean.

Yes after 30 mins of going in circles I'm sure you would start to feel sick aswell.

So you have something against his age? Saddly age doesn't mean anything. I'm 24 & have less driving exp then Chad does. He has his B for crying out loud! That means he can drive a bus. He also has years on 4 wheelers & so on & so forth, blah blah blah, info nobody needed for a fun story...

Why can't work be fun? Who said you can't have fun at or with work? I don't recall reading that as a rule anywhere.

No not an issue with "us" (well everyone else), mostly you. As you seem to pick apart many posts, esp ones that you are oddly against & have no reason to.. like this post.

Instead of blabbering about your all gonna die, die I tell you! DIE!
You could & should have said, I hope you guys were being safe & treated that other persons SUV with respect.. if so then it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.. then I would have happly typed out how we were safe & happly explained things in more detail, as it would have been "positive"... but nope, you took the negative route... again... like always & kill a happy fun post :(

Cataholic
10-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Yes after 30 mins of going in circles I'm sure you would start to feel sick aswell.
(

Absolutely! I would have felt sick. Probably after 3 minutes, let alone 30. I wouldn't have risked my health for a 'joy ride'. Holy CRAP! Just went back and read your thread about how bad your back/shoulder pain is/was on 10/17...and re-state: wouldn't have tried such "fun" in an SUV with back/shoulder pain.

So you have something against his age? Saddly age doesn't mean anything. I'm 24 & have less driving exp then Chad does.
(

Something against his age? Nope. Just that a 20 year old really can't have the experience you would think to make such fun safe.

As you seem to pick apart many posts, esp ones that you are oddly against & have no reason to.. like this post.
(

I am greatly against stupid acts that lead to death, dismemberment, and abuse of someone else's property. You nailed that one right on the head.

Instead of blabbering about your all gonna die, die I tell you! DIE!
You could & should have said, I hope you guys were being safe & treated that other persons SUV with respect.. but nope, you took the negative route... again... like always & kill a happy fun post :(

I missed how I told you you all were going to die. Must have been the invisible type I used? :confused:

I wouldn't need to say I hoped you all were being safe and treated the other person's car with respect. That you were not doing so was obvious from your original post.

And the problem with using absolutes- again, like always, etc., is- to steal another PT member's quote, is, well, they are so absolute.

I post on here often, and post with equal amounts of positives/negatives. When I see such youthful indiscretion as in the OP, it is hard to not post. And, generally, I don't post in your threads, for this very reason. I don't know what made me do it today. Maybe the 20 views with no comment from anyone else? I dunno, really.

See if you like this any better: Gee, King, what great fun! You put yourself at risk, with a 20 year old, in an SUV he doesn't know from Adam! Great job! Way to demonstrate maturity! Yippee on you! Thankfully you all came out okay.

:rolleyes:

king2005
10-30-2006, 02:20 PM
See if you like this any better: Gee, King, what great fun! You put yourself at risk, with a 20 year old, in an SUV he doesn't know from Adam! Great job! Way to demonstrate maturity! Yippee on you! Thankfully you all came out okay. :rolleyes:

What risk? going around in a circle in a mud puddle?
A BMX could have gone faster then us in that mud puddle, & the BMXing I did the mud was deeper & there were boulders... BUT once again I did things SAFE. I wore my helmet & the body padding (talking about the BMXing)...

(Back to the truck) Honestly how fast do you think we were going in this mud puddle? & do you have this image of us doing tight doughnuts & spinning out of control like on TV?? Because thats not how it happened.. we were doing 50' circles & at times going straight to kick up mud & water. You can't gun the truck in a turn, thats how things break, you get stuck, you flip, etc..

Sorry but at times age has nothing to do with experience. You can drive a tractor at 7yrs old (prob younger, not sure, but thats the age my friends learned at), run a bailer & other farm equiptment aswell.. I think by the time they are 20 they know what they are doing.
Remember Quarries(most) aren't in the middle of cities, they are out in the middle of nowhere & anyone of any age can drive anything they want there because its private land. Thats how/where most country boys learn to drive their dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, trucks, etc.

I did nothing that was immature. Everything was safe, everything was planned out, everything was legal & everything was fun.

Queen of Poop
10-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Let me just say that I lost two (yes 2) siblings due to the "inexperience" of young drivers. While what you did might have been fun, sometimes accidents happen when you least expect them. I am thankful that all of you came thru this "fun" unscathed. Just food for thought.

Cookiebaker
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
W:eek:W! How immature! :rolleyes:

king2005
10-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Let me just say that I lost two (yes 2) siblings due to the "inexperience" of young drivers. While what you did might have been fun, sometimes accidents happen when you least expect them. I am thankful that all of you came thru this "fun" unscathed. Just food for thought.

Sorry for your losses.

I don't mean to be rude by all means by this, but this is my food for thought (PLEASE don't be offended).

The risks of owning a large dog can be deadly.
The risks of riding a horse can be deadly.
The risks of flying can be deadly.
The risks of swimming can be deadly.
The risks of driving can be deadly.
The risks of riding a bike can be deadly.

That short list is of things that are fun, but could go horribly wrong & cause death. BUT if things are done safely the risk of death is very low, but that risk will always be there.

There is a difference between being safe & not safe... We were being safe.

Argranade
10-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Looks like you had some weirdish fun lol. :D

lbaker
10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
I just hope my family and I stay safe and away from your kind of "fun".

catnapper
10-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Wow, I have to say that I can't agree with Cataholic more.

Have you lost your sense of good judgement in the past year? You've jumped from man to man into "serious" relationships overnight, met guys in bars, tried acohol when never did so before just because your current amore urged you to do so, and so on. You continually put yourself in stupid and dangerous positions... and for what? You always say for a good time. To experience life.

I don't know what is going on in your life to make you feel like you have to proove something, or make up for lost time, or whatever it is. All I know is I've seen you really do a downward spiral this past year.

Instead of reading into what people are saying in response to your posts, READ your own posts! there's nothing "fun" to this story. I only see an out of control bunch of punks.

Oh, and nowhere in the OP did I see you say your boss asked you to do this for work. You only mentioed your dealer. I have a car dealer, and he might let me take one of his cars out, but I don't work for him.

king2005
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Looks like you had some weirdish fun lol. :D

hehe its only weird to people who don't grow up around that kind of thing. I find the way most city folks go camping to be weirdish (hehe I like that word.. weirdish).. needing power, running water, campers, stoves, etc lol I like tents, lugging lake or pumped water several km back to camp, campfires are used for cooking, keeping warm & keeping animals away, hunting for your own food (where that chipmunk comment came from in another post lol)... hehe

Cataholic
10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Have you lost your sense of good judgement in the past year? You've jumped from man to man into "serious" relationships overnight, met guys in bars, tried acohol when never did so before just because your current amore urged you to do so, and so on. You continually put yourself in stupid and dangerous positions... and for what? You always say for a good time. To experience life.

AND, you left out the scary, scary former living situation. Fun? Give me a lot less fun, and a lot more security any ole' day.

Edwina's Secretary
10-30-2006, 03:27 PM
I was under the impression that auto manufacturers perform quality inspections. I never knew it was up to dealers to ride new vehicles hard before selling them to customers.

Guess times have changed....

Corinna
10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok I can understand the mud bogging as we have places to do it in that are fairly safe. I don't do it as i own my car and need it to last.
are you sure this what the boss ment? Where is it you work again I don't want to buy a car from them if he lets his empoyees treat the cars like that. I understand you are cutting lose and trying to make up time for the past when you were unable to do "fun " things but dear(mommy warning now) Jessie please be careful and THINK before you act.
We all care about you thats why we feel the need to say these things to you. take care

king2005
10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Wow, I have to say that I can't agree with Cataholic more.

I don't know what is going on in your life to make you feel like you have to proove something, or make up for lost time, or whatever it is. All I know is I've seen you really do a downward spiral this past year.

Instead of reading into what people are saying in response to your posts, READ your own posts! there's nothing "fun" to this story. I only see an out of control bunch of punks.

Oh, and nowhere in the OP did I see you say your boss asked you to do this for work. You only mentioed your dealer. I have a car dealer, and he might let me take one of his cars out, but I don't work for him.

I dated 2 guys since March (when Rob & I broke up) & have been single since the beginning of Sept. Not guy"s" in a bar.. It was 1 guy.. never slept with him (among other things I'm not typing), & never dated him.

No body made me drink, I wanted to go out drinking with Tom, BUT I wanted to do it safely so I asked for advice. Since May (when I started drinking), I've drank less then 10 times. Almost everytime I do drink I have a bottle or 2 of Smirnoff Ice. Yes I will admitt that there have been 2 times I went out to get wasted at parties & 1 time I messed up.. my limit was way off in the heat & I became ill (I don't mind admitting to my screw ups & that one a big one).

Not sure what else I did. But I thought moving into a new place away from a coke head was a good idea.

Buying a car wasn't stupid.

Getting a Line of Credit so I can close my credit cards wasn't stupid either.

Having no money & starving wasn't stupid.. it sucked, but I tried my best to keep things positive by talking about "hey I'm loosing weight". Ya I was poor, but I worked my butt off to fix that situation & not ruin my credit, or loose my job.

Do you really want to know why I'm not living in a cardboard box anylonger & I'm finally being me again.. this is me, its not a new me, its the origional me thats not being beaten, screamed at, things trashed, pets killed, guns pointed in faces, raped, among many other horrible things I never want to see, go through or hear every again!!
I'm me again!! I missed me, I was always an active person having fun with friends, doing stupid things (biking for 71km to a cottage, walking 15km in the middle of an ice storm, camping with almost nothing, dissapearing into the forest for hours on end).. My fun might be stupid to some, but I've always done it safely.

Bill isn't my boss I work for one of the largest Electronics companies, Bill is a friend/dealer... Chad works for him & is also friends with Bill... why we can pick any car from the lot & drive it just because... At the beginning of the week we had the SUV because my car was in the shop & needed something to drive... Then we needed something to go to Ottawa in, so we picked the SUV again.. Then we were asked since your taking that one, test it out to make sure all is well as the 4x4 were not shifting in low properly... I wasn't there for the convo so its hard to type it out. So we took it to a mud puddle & played in the mud.

Ginger's Mom
10-30-2006, 04:12 PM
OMG these stupid little details are getting anoying to explain & killing the joy of the post..
I find this statement very indicative of your philosophy of life. Paying attention to little details are what make things like joy, security, and love last longer. By not paying attention to details you can miss a lot of joy, security and love in life. You may not have been in some of the situations that you have frantically posted about if you had paid more attention to details to begin with. You are no longer a child, and need to start taking some responsibility for what happens to you.

Wow, has this thread gone off track from the original post.

Lady's Human
10-30-2006, 07:32 PM
The hazards of doing donuts with a 4x4 are why most mud bogging groups require a rollcage of some sort on the vehicle at meets. It doesn't take much to roll one, and donuts are pushing the suspension of the vehicle to extremes.

All it takes to roll a vehicle when doing donuts is a rock in the wrong place, a change in traction of the surface.....

Lots of things to go wrong.

RedHedd
10-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Bill is a friend/dealer... Chad works for him & is also friends with Bill... why we can pick any car from the lot & drive it just because... At the beginning of the week we had the SUV because my car was in the shop & needed something to drive... Then we needed something to go to Ottawa in, so we picked the SUV again.. Then we were asked since your taking that one, test it out to make sure all is well as the 4x4 were not shifting in low properly... I wasn't there for the convo so its hard to type it out. So we took it to a mud puddle & played in the mud.

WOW! If you treat your friend's property like that I'd hate to see what you do to your enemies!

Pam
10-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Parked our SUV in a puddle, & woke up to it covered in mud o.O

Obviously you knew this was wrong or you wouldn't have to change your story. Poor Bill. Obviously he doesn't realize he loaned this car out to a couple of kids who act half their age. You apparently don't know a thing about respecting other people's property. Your story sickens me.

Muddy4paws
10-30-2006, 08:29 PM
All I can say is that if I was your boyfriends friend I wouldnt be any longer, I dont drive but I wouldnt dream of doing that to someone elses belongings.

I also know when I hurt my back it was agony just going over speed bumps in the car so your back really cant of been that bad..! :rolleyes:

Daisy and Delilah
10-30-2006, 10:22 PM
The majority of the replies you've received here are against your original post. Your story is so ridiculous to me that I can only believe you posted it to try to get the exact reaction that you've gotten. Why are you acting so surprised at what most everyone is saying? I can't help but chuckle while reading some of your comebacks.

I ask myself, who would get a kick out of a story like yours and find it enjoyable? What kind of a person would that be, to find complete irresponsiblity and blatant disrespect of property amusing? The answer: someone that has no responsibility, has no respect for other's property, and one who finds life to be nothing but a *hoot*.

Did you notice that you never explained in the OP that you were told to treat this vehicle as such? Instead, you didn't hesitate to openly complain about all those that have had something to say about it? I agree with Pam in saying that your OP indicated you were doing something wrong just by the title of your thread.

As others have said, instead of maturing, your threads are describing actions that are more and more immature by the minute. I'm really concerned that something seriously wrong has happened to you. You're just not the person you used to be. I have no problems with anyone trying to have fun but not at the expense of others. :(

cmayer31
10-30-2006, 11:00 PM
When I was younger I use to play in mud and dirt with my trucks. I had a great time and it was one my friend’s private property, so we were not violating any laws. Sounds like you had fun doing the same thing, and I can understand that. However, in my first sentence there is a key word: my. I've worked on cars from the time I was small enough to put sandpaper on sheet metal. One thing that I've learned is a vehicle will take care of you as long as you take care of it (Yes there are things that are unavoidable, yes I have also owned a lemon - the phrase is a general rule).

Did you check the vent hoses for the axels? It's 4x4, so you have two hoses and hope that they were extended high enough to prevent water / mud from getting in. Did you make sure that the mud didn't bind any wires to hot exhaust; sometimes it can cake on and lock things in place where they shouldn't be? You mentioned that the truck had difficulties getting out of first gear once 4-low was disengaged; are you 100% positive that the hubs disengaged and that you're not binding the drive train on one side? I have a love/hate relationship with mud. It is very fun to play around in, but it is the single worse thing to clean. I'd always crawl under with a pressure washer to get every bit of mud/grass/dirt out from every crevasse. No need to cause more corrosion, add weight, increased wear because there's gunk where it shouldn't be. How about double checking to make sure the air cleaner is clear and no mud/water came in from under the engine; spinning front tires can throw stuff into the engine compartment and cause water/dirt ingestion.

I've raced motorcycles, trucks, and cars. My dad taught me at a very young age how to handle a car; he was a pretty good race driver too. He taught me to make sure that everything is to spec when I get back home. That means a lot of work in tightening bolts, cleaning everywhere, checking everything to make sure that the vehicle is ready for daily use, and or abuse again. I spend as much time maintaining my dirt bike as I do riding it; again mud is the worse to recover from.

Personally, this is a reason that I will not buy a vehicle from an off brand used car lot. I look for certified dealers and demand an inspection sheet. I want to know that everything has been detailed, tightened, checked, and double checked. If this was your own personal vehicle I would have chuckled at the thread and given thumbs up because it reminded me of times past. However, this was not your truck and I just don’t think it was right to do that.

I’ll step off my soapbox now.

Twisterdog
10-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm going to be another one raining on the parade. How incredibly immature. If it was your vehicle, you could do whatever stupid things you wanted to with it. But it's not yours, it's presumably going to be sold to an unsuspecting person. Sad.

slick
10-31-2006, 12:32 PM
It's threads like this one that make me swear off Pet Talk. Why are these even started???

caseysmom
10-31-2006, 12:57 PM
It's threads like this one that make me swear off Pet Talk. Why are these even started???

To get a reaction...and it worked :(

NoahsMommy
10-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Parked our SUV in a puddle, & woke up to it covered in mud o.O

Obviously you knew this was wrong or you wouldn't have to change your story. Poor Bill. Obviously he doesn't realize he loaned this car out to a couple of kids who act half their age.

Wow, I think Pam (and most of you) live in my brain! ha ha This is EXACTLY what I thought when I read the frist post/thread! And actually, I thought it was an insurance scam...

I have to agree with the others. While off-roading, in MUD is actually quite fun, it should be done in YOUR OWN VEHICLE...not a SUV that you've "borrowed" from an auto dealer! You do NOT own this vehicle and felt it was OK to drive it in a manner that was NOT intended when you removed it from the lot. In the US, you'd be in a whole lot of trouble for that.

As for "advertisement"...I don't know ANYONE that wouldn't call the number of the dealer (obviously dealer plates, as you mentioned) and tell them what you were doing with THEIR property. I seriously doubt, and would bet money on it, ANYONE saw that mud covered SUV and thought, "Wow, what an amazing dealer! People get to take the cars for a test drive and thouroghly THRASH them! What fun!" :rolleyes: Do you realize the message you were sending to the general public that saw you was that you STOLE that car?

Yea, I'll agree. Off roading is a lot of fun. But, like with anything, you need to be safe and responsible. Driving a car in such a manner where most people got ill and had body aches after, is stupid. Like the others have said, people have died as a result of crap like this. You're all VERY lucky you weren't turned in...and that you DIDN'T hurt anyone but yourselves. I will commend you in that at least it seemed as though the area you went didn't have innocent bystanders.

But...if I were to see a vehicle covered in MUD, with 3 young people piling out of it, LAUGHING and carrying on, I'd either call that dealer and tell them what I'd seen, or the police because you were obviously up to no good.

Pam hit the nail on the head. You've mad up a "story" to tell this dealership what "really" happened to the vehicle because you KNOW what you did was wrong! Why else wouldn't you tell them the truth?

NoahsMommy
10-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Honestly how fast do you think we were going in this mud puddle?
"How fast" or "How erradic" isn't the point here. Its actually quite simple...

You took a car from a car lot that WASN'T yours. You didn't sign paperwork making it yours, you did not give money making it yours. You took a vehicle that WASN'T YOURS and proceeded to thrash the engine, parts, body, etc with mud and crazy driving.

Then, when you came back to reality, you realized you'd done something you were NOT supposed to do and proceeded to MAKE UP a story as to how all that mud got up in the undercarriage, etc. (btw, just parking in a puddle, even just parking in MUD will NEVER do the damage to the tops/sides/under carriage you're telling this dealer. Be prepared for a huge lecture and loss of friendship when you return this poor SUV. I'd even be prepared for some legal action by the dealer. You say you were friends? I don't know why you'd do that to a friend...)

Do you see the theme? You took a vehicle that DID NOT BELONG TO YOU...or anyone in your party for that matter...and proceeded to treat it in a way that was NOT intended. Want proof? Read the VERY INFORMATIVE post by cmayer31 (GREAT post by the way!) as to WHY taking a vehicle in slippery, watery MUD is not such a great idea....espeically what was supposed to be a TEST DRIVE.

gini
10-31-2006, 01:54 PM
As our Mayor would say...............OH MY!!!!

sasvermont
10-31-2006, 02:42 PM
I really think some of these threads are created by youngster just to "get our goats"...... and to draw attention to themselves..... so I am not going to say any more about this particular, oh so peculiar original post! We would all do this thread justice by not posting another thing about it. I know, its very tempting! Oh the drama. :rolleyes: (not the responders, but the orginator)

king2005
10-31-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm going to be another one raining on the parade. How incredibly immature. If it was your vehicle, you could do whatever stupid things you wanted to with it. But it's not yours, it's presumably going to be sold to an unsuspecting person. Sad.

I'm positive I already posted this but I'll repeat myself (if not, I thought I did)... We were suppose to test the SUV out to make sure the 4x4 worked properly. The guy whos buying it knows what we did because he ASKED TO TEST IT OUT (the 4x4) he is now happy & is now buying the SUV because it can do what he wants it to do.

Some posted about us doing doughnuts & like I said we were going in a circle, not doughnuts!!! Doughnuts are when you go round & round & round non-stop, WE WERE NOT DOING THAT!!!!!! We were going in a circle, well it was more like a backwards capital "D" because we went straight through the water puddle & had to turn to get back so we could drive straight again. So like I said We were going in a circle & NOT doughnuts.

====
forgot to click submit hrs ago
====

Oh yes I'm looking for a fight because I went out & had fun working & wanted to share the fun we had :rolleyes: Not sure how it was suppose to be turned into drama, but that wasn't my doing, others started that.. I've only tried to explain how they are wrong about the situation.. esp. since they wern't even there & keep assuming we're doing something so wrong & behind peoples backs or something, when we were only doing our jobs.

Wasn't driving fast or erradic so thats finished arguing over.

Ummm who said there isn't any paper work?? There has to be "some" paperwork in order for us to take the SUV. We didn't steal the SUV, sheesh.

No I might not have given him money to test the SUV for the customer, but I did pay for gas for the SUV, my car that the dealer is using for personal use & another car thats in the lot. I also pay my insurance every month & so do the other 2... & the SUV isn't just going to wash its self, thats about 50.00 & I accidently got a little mud on the carpet, so we detailed it. I was also told NOT to use my own money to wash the SUV, but I didn't have the heart to bring back a muddy SUV so I spent the $ to clean it. I'm not a jerk sheesh.

*smacks forehead* How on earth do you think there will be any legal action done? We did our jobs!!! Not all cars are tested like that. Only the ones that need to be. Regular cars are just driven around & then the breaks are hit hard to make sure they'll work properly (ABS kicking in properly.. mines too sensitive in the rain & its been turned off by my choice).

and proceeded to treat it in a way that was NOT intended
I swear this is the last time I'm going to say this... The customer wants it to be able to go in the mud & wanted to make sure the 4x4 worked properly. We tested it 100% as how it was suppose to be tested. Like I said work can be fun. Not all jobs are stressful all the time.. once in a while it can be a lot of fun, & this weekend was one of those fun days.

Someone posted something about us lying to Bill about the mud? uhhh no, he knew where we took the truck. We just thought it was funny to say we parked it in a puddle & when we woke up it was covered in mud.. cough cough ITS A JOKE! :rolleyes: I'm suppose to send Bill an email with that title & the photos of the dirty SUV.

Miss Z
10-31-2006, 04:56 PM
Let's rewind and review-

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Cataholic, I always enjoy reading your posts as you make this board so much more interesting ;)

And as other's have said, it seems a serious lapse of judgement to do something like that, then to not see a problem with it afterwards. I just hope for your sake and Chad's that the situation doesn't end up more serious next time.

We just thought it was funny to say we parked it in a puddle & when we woke up it was covered in mud.. cough cough ITS A JOKE! :rolleyes:

Oh. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha. What a hoot.

I like a joke as much as anyone else, but really, was that necessary?

sandragonfly
10-31-2006, 06:00 PM
.. :( those threads nowadays..sigh. not to cause any more dramas but if everybody could throw in their two cents, well, I could too -- just that I am 45th person lol. :p

*ahem* .. like lady's human said - anything could happen. like..

Yes after 30 mins of going in circles I'm sure you would start to feel sick as welland lose control before you could stop? or are you saying you're perfect? please understand.. you mentioned everything is a risk too but I believe none of others you listed required helmet or gears. good gracious, you could have (or already have) killed a curious mole or some swampy creatures too.

I did nothing that was immature. Everything was safe, everything was planned out, everything was legal & everything was fun.in original, you said you were going to play bumper trucks next time?? :confused: isn't that what most youngsters do?
Can't wait until the next time we go to Carleton Place.. Chad & I are playing bumper trucks the next time we go up there. WOOHOO the joy of being hicks!!!everything's planned already? safe too?? really? ever thought why you wear helmet and gears! ;)

okay..seriously, I can understand you wanted to have fun before you think twice, but have you thought how many of us are affected by this action and accept? just that people deal and live differently. I imagine myself grasping for my deer life! :eek: just kidda .. well, I didn't know that you and especially chad could test this (too) much, spinning all in destructive mud puddles (contain pieces of gravels/pebbles), going and going in circles.. I don't think I've ever seen a commercial that a brand new 4x4 truck going in circles lol. I just think that's really a unrealistic way to test a 4x4 anyway.

sorry, just the way you claimed it, "found it covered in mud .. o.O", I pictured the mud is incredibly all over that SUV, you must have had fun going in full speed to get it all 'covered' in every direction! I guess you're lucky this time. :cool: