PDA

View Full Version : PONCHO TEARING-UP DOG!

BoxerLover
11-21-2000, 03:10 PM
Today,when I took out my dog, Nikki, I was wearing a poncho. She must have thought it was a monster and she started to attack it while it was on my body! She really went all out, growling and everything! (her tail was wagging so fast i thought it was going to fly off!) I was laughing hysterically! Anyway, I thought that was odd behavior so I posted it. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

ktreva52
11-25-2000, 04:08 PM
You don't mention if she tore the poncho or knocked you down (I hope not on both counts). She probably thought it was a bird or something and then when you started to laugh, she was encouraged to continue. Most of the boxers I have known are natural clowns and can get really goofy at times and laughter just spurs them on. As long as you weren't hurt a big LOL for Nikki.

karen israel
11-27-2000, 07:45 AM
It's so weird how certain things set them off. I had forgotten, until last week when it was freezing, that Cody loves to attack my alpacha lines leather gloves. Just as we are finished our walk and heading towards the door he takes a tiny leap and grabs at them, tail wagging. I pull away and yell "no bites!" and he stops and tries to test me again with a devilish look in his eye. Just as he makes his 2nd approach, I yell again and he stops, but something about them just sets him off!! Maybe the inside reminds him of the fuzzy stuff in his squeekies. Hmm...

RachelJ
11-27-2000, 08:34 AM
Karen's post reminded me of Hannah's interest in removing my socks. I'll be sitting in my chair in the evening with no shoes and just my socks on and Hannah grabs the tip of the toe of the sock and pulls it off. She'll give it a good shack and then go to pull off the other one. Can't figure out why she does this. Maybe it's her way of telling me it is time to get undressed and go to bed. Another interesting aspect is she never accidently chomps down on a toe.

BoxerLover
11-27-2000, 04:55 PM
Oh no of course she didn't hurt me in any way, she just ripped it off me, piece by piece! I just stood there while she enjoyed her activity. I would have told her NO and she would have stopped if I wanted to keep the poncho or if she was hurting me! Anyway, LOL for that incident!