PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-30-2006, 10:24 AM
This past week has been rough, to say the least.

Butch is having trouble again. Long story short, his ****** wife and his even *****er step daughter have gotten to him. Stepdaughter crashed her very nice car into a $60k Cadillac, and b!tchy wife agreed to buy her a new, $14k car. :eek: They do not have the money to pay for the car and the sky-rocketing insurance, therefore Butch has to sell his camper (he has one in the campground we camp in, he loves it a lot and finally got it paid off, now he has to sell it to pay for this stupid car...) and maybe even sell the snowcone stand. To make matters worse, ***** wife lied to Butch about how much the car cost. She told him it was $10k, and he was being a nice husband-stepdad and agreed to help pay for it, but turns out it was actually $14k. He might be getting divorced, and I just feel sooo bad for him. :(

Top it off with a huge fight with my mother Saturday night. She isn't really talking to me anymore. She tried to get me to give her the rest of her money so she could go out. When I said no, she got mad. She thinks I don't love her anymore because "all I do is fight" with her. She's not talking to me. Whatever, I don't care anymore. Her loss, not mine. She's got John to take care of her.

Today I found out that I got second chair in band. I've had first chair since my sophomore year, and I'm a senior now. This kid I'm actually friends with beat me, but he just INSISTS on making MISERABLE about it. He knows how much it means to me to make first chair... I feel like I have something to live up to, you know? I've had first chair the last two years... what is my dad going to say? And to make matters worse, my teacher told us to switch spots and the whole band gasps and goes, "Oooh..."... I just hate being ridiculed. I was stopped in the hallway once already today by some friend of mine and she was like, "MEGAN! How could you let that happen?! Jeez!" and walked away. It's like, thanks. As if I'm not upset enough over this?

Oh there's more.

Max. This kid that used to work with me. He's a good friend, and apparently he told Butch that he wanted to ask me out. He hung out with me a lot over the summer when I worked at the Rainbow Snow. Well... we were texting each other a lot last night and it turns out he thought I liked him, but recently I haven't been "looking at him" the same... He wants to hang out at my house sometime... He actually said he'd love to hang out with me, it just seems like I never want to. Truth is, he's really... crazy. He talks about killing his ex-girlfriend all the time. In all honesty, why would I want to put myself in that position? Why would I want to make myself vulnerable to his crazy ex-girlfriend... and I would be afraid to ever break up with Max for fear he'd kill me!!

And my friends want me to go to a party with them this weekend. I really want to go. They all drink and stuff and I really don't want to drink, but I'd like to go, just to get a taste of the atmosphere and stuff. They think they have convinced me to drink, when in reality, I don't want to drink at all. This whole party is going to be celebrating my sudden intrest in drinking, when really I don't want to drink at all. There was a bit of a misunderstanding I think. The thing is, I will want to go HOME after this party, but everyone will want me to stay into the wee hours of the morning, and I can't drive past midnight with my license. And I just don't want to stay there... I don't know. I guess what I'm confused with is whether or not I want to go. I want to go because I NEED to get out and meet people and stuff... but I just don't know.

Thanks for listening. That's the end of my completely long, boring, useless rant. Butch is calling me later and he's going to get the whoolllleee thing too, lol. He doesn't care, he's always there to listen to me complain. :)

Signed,

Sad and Confused. :(

Pawsitive Thinking
10-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Have a hug {{{{HUG}}}}

moosmom
10-30-2006, 10:40 AM
ILoveMyAbbyGirl,

Do what's in your heart. If you don't want to drink, then DON'T. Don't allow your friends to pressure you into it either. As far as staying out past your curfew with your license, remember that if you do, there will be consequences. You've gotta do what's right for you!! Going against what you believe in just to keep up with your friends isn't right. I hope you'll make the right decision.

Good luck, honey!!

trayi52
10-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Megan, do what you know is right in your heart. Don't let your friends pressure you into doing what you know is wrong, okay?

Hugs,
Willie :)

Cataholic
10-30-2006, 11:55 AM
I have said it before, you have been handed so much crap in your life. It really isn't fair. That you continue to carry on, with a lot of strenght and spirit is amazing.

As for the drinking/party thing? Frankly, I would stay home. It is so not fun to keep telling people "no, really, I don't want to drink, or taste", and "when are we leaving...". I would stay home with a good book, a tasty snack, and a huge bottle of orange soda (my personal fave).

Sevaede
10-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Maybe you should cut ties with the people who are causing this emotional turmoil.

Lay it down for people. They're going to keep harrassing you, picking at you, about things because they feel that they can ease you into a "yes" position. Tell them "NO and that's that."

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-30-2006, 03:54 PM
(Sorry about the language Karen! I was upset and I was typing it all really fast cuz I was at school. I didn't have time to go back and fix it once I reread it. :( )

That's just the thing. I don't want to drink, I just want to go to this party and meet people and have fun. I was really shy my whole life up until a few years ago and I kinda just want to let go and have fun and finally be able to talk to people.

Mom still hasn't spoken to me. She'll be real happy to find out that I'm staying at dad's tonight cuz he's making my favorite, grilled cheese. :D

Also found out that Nate, the kid who beat me for first chair, was doing quite a bit of boasting after I left. :( I've beaten him two years in a row and never ONCE made a rude comment or a snappy remark about it. NEVER. Why does that make it okay for him to be a jerk to me?

I don't know what to do anymore. I hope Butch at least calls tonight so I can get his opinion on the Max thing and the party deal... THEN I'm getting my fleece blanket, my book and some water. (No pop for me! I'm dieting. :p)

Speaking of dieting, I think I'm doing well! I don't have a scale around because the one at my mom's is broke and well, my dad... finds no need in a scale. :rolleyes: But I was at my grandma's the other day and my grandma asked if I had lost weight and then my grandpa said, "I was going to say the same thing, a lonngg time ago, but I never did." So yay! I really want to weigh myself, lol.

Ooh, and my book. It's called Running With Scissors by... Augusten Barrough or something? It's quite good so far, it's an autobiography. It's very funny and a little strange, but it's coming out in theaters soon so I wanted to read it before I see the movie. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I still don't know what I'm going to do about the party... :(

Sevaede
10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Just don't go. If they can't respect your decisions, wants, and needs, then do you really want those types of people around you?

Vela
10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I was just wondering if you are seeing a counselor?? If you aren't I think it would be good for you. After reading some of this, I am very concerned for you.

Cataholic
10-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Also found out that Nate, the kid who beat me for first chair, was doing quite a bit of boasting after I left. :( I've beaten him two years in a row and never ONCE made a rude comment or a snappy remark about it. NEVER. Why does that make it okay for him to be a jerk to me?

Oh, that one is SO easy to answer. You are twice the person this Nate character is: you have class, composure and maturity. :D

sasvermont
10-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Gosh, life can be difficult, at best. Hang in there.

My advice to young and old alike (and to myself mostly) is to always try to take the high road when making decisions. In other words, the road that is most sensible, courageous, important, intelligent, mature and in the end, the most rewarding. To go to a party and not drink is commendable. I do drink, but often turn down drinks when I think I have had enough or if I think the evening will turn out to be a mess.... i.e. drinking too much, etc.

When it comes to making snide remarks, the high road works again. I confess to missing the exit sign for the high road, from time to time.

There are so many decision made in life, that if one just sat back and thought about the consequences, different decision may have been made.

Keep you chin up, your nose high in the air, you grades up in school, sit in whatever chair was assigned to you and do it with pride. Now you know how the folks in the back feel! Being second chair to them would be wonderful.

Life is short my dear, play hard and play fair. You will win in the end, for sure! I promise.

P. S. Peer pressure is incredible at this point in your life. It takes an immense amount of energy on your behalf and trust in yourself, to say no to things you know will not be good for you. Please, please don't give in to the peer pressure. Be cool, be different than the others, dare to be different and ABOVE all the so called cool stuff. Start a new trend of not drinking. Actually, I think you need to seek out friends who don't give in to peer pressure in the negative sense. Be selective. Enjoy the things life has to offer and be above all the crappy things. You have plenty of time in your life, to have a few beers etc. You are way, way to young my dear. Way too young. Wait until you are a young adult. Really.

You want to come live with me? I will be you mom. Hehehehehehhehehe.
:D

shais_mom
10-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry but I am so stinkin' disturbed by your post.
I can't take it anymore and then I checked out your myspace with your boobs hanging out and your pants unbuttoned. What the heck are you trying to attract?
you blatantly state right there on your myspace that you are desperately in love with a 42 year old man. I think you are on a path of something not good. I am not saying this guy isn't a good guy but you are opening yourself up for God knows what. Altho I think it is more disturbing that this guy is confiding in you about his marriage, family, and probably sex life.
The ick factor just went over the top.

Vela I was just wondering if you are seeing a counselor?? If you aren't I think it would be good for you. After reading some of this, I am very concerned for you.
definately - you need to RUN not WALK to a counselor and get your life sorted out.

Cataholic
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
I am deleting my original post for my own reasons.

shais_mom
10-31-2006, 01:52 PM
And I also think that if that other kid beat you out of first chair - then maybe you should talk to your teacher and ask what it is that you have done. With all that is going on in your life maybe your performance has decreased. THAT SAID- I AM NOT CONDONING THAT KID'S BEHAIVOR ONE BIT. That isn't a friend. I don't think the teacher would give him first chair just b/c.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2006, 01:57 PM
i''ve dug myself a hole here, i see? (pardon my typing, i just got back from the eye doctor and my eyes are dilated and I can't see ANYTHING! i was sitting very close to the screen to be able to read these posts.)

Okay... where do I start?

with an apology, first off. The pictures I supposed I can't apologize for, but loving that guy... it's more of a father-daughter relationship than anything. Please guys, belieive me when I say I have a head on my shoulders and I know what and what not to get into. We are strictly friends, both of us know better. I swear. I wouldn't lie to you guys about anything. Pet TAlk is my second home, and often my frist when I've got no mother around. I've waited a long time to get the respect i had and now I feel like I've completely blown it.

(really really cant see, lol(

You guys, I'm sorry. I hope I can sort of regain your trust in me again... The pictures, that's just what gets worn these days and I know it's not an excuse. To be honest, I'm not on myspace all that frequently and don't change my pictures often. The pictures are a mistake, I know. I screwed up, that's for sure. BUt you ahve to sort of see it my way, it doesn't seem as bad to me adn my friends my age, because that's just.. what it is. The older generation doesn't see it as we do but I'm still profusely sorry.

bottom line, I know better. the pictures were a huge mistake.

im sorry? :(

shais_mom
10-31-2006, 03:53 PM
yes I am older then you but hardly think of myself as "older generation"
yes I have prudish tendencies - I know that and I'm sorry.
I know the girls now a days wear VASTLY different clothes then when I was there 12 or so years ago. But I also remember one other time you posted pics of yourself someone told you to be careful b/c your breasts were hanging out and I see you didn't learn anything. That said I also agree/and know that your myspace is just that - YOUR SPACE. YOUR right- YOUR own to do with whatever you want. But if I am correct in remembering - your myspace page didn't say "I love a 42 year old man like a father" it said "I'm IN love with a 42 year old man"
But also know that the poem in your signature is also just as blatant as your myspace was.
The part that worries me is where you say "we both know better". That means one or the other has thought ______. You are 18 - you are age-wise an adult. That means there aren't any rules or laws that would be broken if anything happened.
I, for your sake, you DO have your head on straight, but I still think you are playing with fire. I wish you luck.....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2006, 04:01 PM
IIIiii wish this never would have happened. :(

I DO have my head on straight. I know what I'm doing and when I said "we both know better", that's not really what I meant. Neither of us has thought of the other in that way, it's just a friendship. He's pretty much my boss too, I work for him most of the summer. Strictly friends, nothing more, I promise. Nothing has ever happened, nothing will.

I feel like I've disobeyed you all, or disappointed everyone. I'm so sorry you guys. :(

Vela
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
You haven't "disobeyed" us, we aren't your parents, but I am a mother and if I saw my daughter say the things you have I would be petrefied for her and would probably confront Butch. I really am concerned about the things I see you have written on MySpace etc., and you typed that you were like his daughter, girlfriend, and wife. It's hard not to take that in an odd way, and honestly I think you are confused and have a lot of emotional baggage to deal with because of things in your life. You don't owe me, or anyone else here, anything, but I am concerned that you may not be seeing things as clearly as you may think. I have never met a dad who talks to their daugher the way you say he talks to you so I would just caution you to be careful, and really seek some counseling. Just from your words it seems you are too dependent on Butch, more than is healthy in a father/daughter type relatinoship. It seems like it may be that but also more, and I sure would hate to see you in trouble or hurt. It honestly is exceptionally inappropriate for a married grown man to be discussing the things you say he discusses with you, with an 18-year-old girl who is having her own emotional troubles. I only say anything out of concern for your wellbeing, and I haven't said anything before, because your life is not my business, but I really do hope you are careful and get some counseling.

shais_mom
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
You haven't "disobeyed" us, we aren't your parents, but I am a mother and if I saw my daughter say the things you have I would be petrefied for her and would probably confront Butch. I really am concerned about the things I see you have written on MySpace etc., and you typed that you were like his daughter, girlfriend, and wife. It's hard not to take that in an odd way, and honestly I think you are confused and have a lot of emotional baggage to deal with because of things in your life. You don't owe me, or anyone else here, anything, but I am concerned that you may not be seeing things as clearly as you may think. I have never met a dad who talks to their daugher the way you say he talks to you so I would just caution you to be careful, and really seek some counseling. Just from your words it seems you are too dependent on Butch, more than is healthy in a father/daughter type relatinoship. It seems like it may be that but also more, and I sure would hate to see you in trouble or hurt. It honestly is exceptionally inappropriate for a married grown man to be discussing the things you say he discusses with you, with an 18-year-old girl who is having her own emotional troubles. I only say anything out of concern for your wellbeing, and I haven't said anything before, because your life is not my business, but I really do hope you are careful and get some counseling.
I really hope that it isn't my post that makes you feel like you "disobeyed" b/c I wasn't implying that. You are your own person. I just hope that we can give you some guidance. You don't "owe" us anything. I agree with Vela that the relationship while strictly platonic is inappropriate to say the least. I suppose things would be different if you were 28 and he 52 - b/c you are older then. But then there is the ick factor. I don't normally post to your threads b/c I feel you need more help then PT can give you - you seem to always be seeking and sometimes the answers can't be found on a website.
I totally agree with what Vela said - that's why I quoted her. :)
I know your relationship with your mom is less then ideal and I'm sorry you were dealt that hand in life. But calling her names, saying she is nuts, and generally bashing her isn't going to help.

I remember being 18 years old working in a factory listening to at the time what I thought were "old" people but hindsite is they were probably only 30-40 ish talking about their wives, girlfriends, sex, etc and I HATED it when they talked about that in front of me - who wants to hear that - and they weren't even talking TO ME. They were talking around me. Even if Butch's wife and stepdaughter ARE horrible - he needs to find friends closer his own age to discuss them with. Plain and Simple. I still don't like to hear "sex" conversations unless it is b/c me and close friends. But then again - I mentioned the prude factor earlier.....
Like I said - I wish you LUCK.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-31-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm feeling better about this (and I'm regaining my eyesight, which is always a plus, lol) and I feel a little more talking will get me back on track.

As far as talking to someone, I actually did talk to my school counselor a few days ago. I didn't plan on it happening, I just went in there for a quick credit check and it ended up where I told her a shortened version of my whole life story, and to be completely honest, I came out of her office smiling. I felt sooo refreshed to tell someone what I was feeling... I was very happt the rest of the day.

I'm going to do some online research and see what I can find for counselors in my area. After talking to my school counselor I realize that it's okay to talk about this stuff and it actually really helps, despite what I thought before.

I would like to sincerely thank those of you that have posted. Everytime I've posted some rant you all have pushed me to see someone to talk, and i sort of put it off because I felt like I didn't need it. But talking has helped... it's sometimes even better to tell it to someone who doesn't have a biased opinion or already know what's going on.

The thing with Butch and I... it's hard to explain. Like I said, he's like a dad to me and he's just around if I ever need someone to talk to. Like the party thing I mentioned earlier, he gave me some good advice that pushed me towards not going to the party. He's just watching out for me. I understand that he IS significantly older than me, but I've always been an "age is just a number" person. It wouldn't matter if he was 22 or 82-- if I am attracted to a person's personality, I'm not afraid to talk. I was a VERY shy kid and I still am pretty shy, and I have always found myself connecting with the people older than me (as on here, PT) because they just seem soo much more mature than a lot of kids in my generation. I prefer maturity over humility. :rolleyes: :p I've just always been more drawn to adults than kids my age. *shrugs* Soo, Butch and I? Don't worry about it. We joke and have fun. I work for him so he can go out and do stuff on his own. 9 hours a day at a snowcone stand everyday of the week gets very old very fast. :p

I'm a big girl. I know what I'm getting myself into and what I need to stay out of. Its alll gooddd. Thank you very much for the concern, though. I appreciate it. :)

popcornbird
11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't understand. I'm confused by your reaction to the posts of concerned PT'ers. I don't understand why you are apologizing to PT'ers. Did you take an oath, and break it? Are we supposed to control your life? Are we your parents? Why ever would you think you need to OBEY us. We don't have any authority over you. We're not your parents. We're not related to you. We haven't ever met you. We're just...people from different parts of the world, who's posts you see on the internet. Sure, people on PT have developed a bond with each other, but still...we're still just people on the internet, who have no authority over you, who don't know you in person. My point? I feel you need help and advice from someone who can always be there for you. Coming to people who happen to be thousands of miles away would not be that beneficial.

As to your relationship with Butch...personally, it freaks me out. It scares me to see an 18 year old girl openly stating she's 'in love' with a 45 year old MARRIED man...and that this man comes and tells you about his problems, as if you are his mama. I don't know who he is, and thus, won't say anything about him, but...in a father/daughter relationship...the father and daughter may love each other, but they are not IN love. There's a difference. It just frightens me. Why is he telling you about his marital problems? You're just a young girl compared to him. What is he trying to imply?

And...about the pictures...well...if you think its a generation or age thing, its not. I'm no more than 2 or 3 years older than you. Same generation...close in age...and I would never think of something like that as acceptable. Girl...do you realize how many sex crimes are happening to girls on MySpace? Its been on the news a LOT lately...and by posting such pictures, you are opening yourself up to predators. I don't wish to hurt your feelings or put you down in any way, but you need to realize how dangerous this is. I know you and your mom don't have a very good relationship, but where is your dad? If I were in your dad's shoes, I would NEVER, by any means, let my teenager daughter get SO close to an older man like that, in which she can't let go of the feelings that came with his hugs, etc. I only feel that way about my husband's hugs, and that's what scares me. Someone who is JUST a friend...his hugs shouldn't feel like that to you. Only the hugs of someone that a person's deeply in love can make a girl feel like that. It just scares me. I hope I'm wrong. Take care of yourself, and be aware of your surroundings...AND...remember...you are your own person. We don't need any apologies for what you do in YOUR life. We're not your parents, and have no authority over you. When we respond, it is just because we're worried and concerned about what such actions can lead to.

trayi52
11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Very well put, Poppy. Megan, this man has no business telling you about his sex life at all, or about his crummy marriage. Sounds like he is expecting more from you.

Please do be careful. You are so young, and he is so much older than you. Do watch they way you dress, I did not see the pictures, so I don't know.

I still respect you as much as ever, Megan, and care about you as much.

Willie :)

ramanth
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Very well put, Staci, Vela, and Poppy.

When I was your age, I treated my boss like a trusted confidant (work, life in general, but never subjects as private as sex). However, we never hugged, and he never unloaded his problems onto me. It just wouldn't be right. He was a listening ear, nothing more. He'd give his advice and opinion to the best of his ability, and when it got to the point that he couldn't help, he recommended a councelor and I got the help I needed.

My situation was never like yours admittedly, but I believe everyone should have a confidant, professional or otherwise. But the role of a confidant is to just listen and give advice.

To me it's as if Butch is taking advantage of the situation. He's sharing stuff that he shouldn't. He should probably see a councelor himself. And like others have stated, it really gives the appearance that he expects something. I scratch your back, you scratch mine sort of mentality.

I always felt I could openly talk to my friends parents too, but if they started talking about sex and marital problems, I'd be little more than freaked out.

Just be safe....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a lot of you think he is talking to me about his sex life or sex in general. It's not like that, AT ALL.

I don't know. It's hard to explain to people what it's like. I swear to you all it is a friend, father-daughter relationship. Nothing more. He think I'm mature. I work for him. I'm his best friend's daughter. He talks to me about his problems because he knows I'll listen. That's all I'm here for, for him to vent. It's okay, I promise. Can we just not talk about this part anymore?

My mom actually spoke to me today. She acts like everything is fine, whatever. I'm going to sit down with her and have a talk. Soon.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. Please don't worry about the Butch situation anymore. I know what I'm doing. I would never let a married man get that close or let him do stuff like that. Trust me, okay?

Sevaede
11-01-2006, 07:20 PM
I keep noticing references towards your life or "past"? I don't understand how that connects to this situation. Was there a similar situation?

Sorry, not trying to be mean. I am just a bit confuzzled.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-02-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm unsure as to what you mean... references about my past?

Vela
11-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I guess I missed something? I am not understanding where the anger is coming from towards Megan? What did she do any of you to make anyone angry? She obviously has issues that need to be dealt with by a professional, to help in coping with an emotionally difficult family life, etc., but I am not seeing how she "duped" anyone, or "tricked' anyone, or got anyone to do things for her that put them out in any way. How did she make fools out of people? I'm confused...I don't think bashing her and making her feel worse is going to help at all. No matter what, she obviously needs some support, even if you don't agree with her choices.

K9soul
11-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Why are you so angry with Megan? :confused: Yes I see a danger in some of the choices she is making and it worries and concerns me. I don't want to see her hurt or taken advantage of. Getting angry isn't going to do anything but make her feel more alienated than she already does by adults in her life. I most certainly agree with advice and insight given here but getting angry and hurtful will not help anything and can make things worse. Further driving someone down who is already down on themselves only causes more problems and ultimately can lead to more destructive thinking and decisions.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Megan has a LOT to deal with, and IMHO the last thing she needs is to feel that she has lost our support.

It's just like with your OWN kids - you may not like everything they do, you may not agree with everything they do, you may not agree with the people they hang out with, but the bottom line is that they need UNCONDITIONAL love and support........

Meg, over the past few years you have grown up in our PT family, and we all know what difficult circumstances you have had to deal with at home.

I am not speaking on behalf of anyone else, but from me - Meg, please know that I worry about you, and I hope that things start to go a little bit more smoothly in your life. You have just turned 18 - it's an exciting time, but it's also a bit overwhelming. You have a lot to deal with, and I think that you have already handled MORE problems than anyone should be expected to.

I'm only a PM away if you want to talk!

(((HUGS)))

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Boy have I learned a huge lesson from this crock of ****. Let it be said, I am NOT stereotyping any of the younger generation here. There are a lot of younger PT members that I highly respect and admire. But YOU ILoveMyAbbyGirl, are a piece of work. You have made fools out of many members of this board and should be ashamed of yourself. After reading this entire thread, I will NEVER believe or trust anything you say or do again. Am I angry? **** right. Fool me one, you should be ashamed, fool me twice I should be ashamed. My advice to you is to get some serious help, as you definitely need it.

Staci,

Thanks for setting the record straight.

I honestly have no idea why you are so angry with me, but to be honest, it hurt my feelings and almost made me cry. You were one of those people that I looked up to and all of a sudden I'm a piece of work and I can't be trusted? What on EARTH did I do wrong to deserve no respect from you??

Thanks to the rest of you for your support. I am trying to seek help, and with a full schedule at work and school, it's not coming along quickly. Please let it be known that I am going to get help as soon as I can. Thanks for the thoughts.

Sevaede
11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm unsure as to what you mean... references about my past?

Talking about your hard life, etc.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-02-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't know where I mentioned it, but yeah, it's been hard. I know that people have had it much worse than I, and I've got nothing to compare to some people. I at least have both of my parents and my dad's girlfriend, but my mother has been putting up a never-ending battle for the past 4 years. I am constantly stuck in the middle and both parents deny putting me there. My mother is just having a hard time and she makes it twice as bad on everyone else. There are threads upon threads on PT's archives that involve me crying over something she's done, said, or not done. Our relationship has really distanced since then.

CagneyDog
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
First of all, I checked your myspace and honestly, I don't see any large deal about it. Perhaps it's just because around my school every usually dresses like that, but if someone hadn't stated that your pictures were revealing I would of never noticed. However, more than that, her Mypsace pictures have nothing to do with this thread.

I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time. At first, I found it a bit weird about your friend. However, one of friends is also a lot older than me. We simply just walk dogs together every night and it is in no way a relationship. There's so many interesting people in the world, and I don't think age makes that much of a difference when it comes to friendship. Actually, I think it's ridiculous to believe that age limits friendship.

Donna, I thank god that you didn't say such hurtful things to me. I can't comprehend how someone could be so rude and demeaning.

Megan, you can PM me anytime you want. I really hope things start getting better. I too believed that talking to a counsellor wouldn't work however, I was definitly wrong about that. {{{{big hugs}}}}

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Thank you Cagney.

I'm glad someone sort of understands where I'm coming from. I also believe there's no age limit on friends-- as you can see. Thank you soo much for understanding. :)

Donna, I wish you would come back and explain why you're so upset with me. It really hurts my feelings that you said those things about me, and I would like to know what set you off. :(

JenBKR
11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I getting in on this pretty late, just wanted to say that I am so sorry for everything that you are going through. I am so glad that you talked to your school counselor, and that it helped. If you wanted to go to see a counselor, your school counselor or doctor should be able to make some recommendations. Talking to someone completely out of the situation, someone who won't judge you, can honestly help...it has helped me a good bit. If you EVER need to talk, just PM me, I will always listen. ((((hugs))))

I know that Donna's comments hurt you, just wanted to point out this thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115826) - I am sure that she is sorry for lashing out like that.