PDA

View Full Version : I'm at my wits end...

moosmom
10-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Everything WAS set in place as far as my new apartment. The only thing holding it up was the employment verification from BB&B that had to come from Corporate. It's been over a week now. All they had to do was fill in the form that the management company faxed them and fax it back. NOTHING!!

In the meantime, that little cute hole in the wall apartment I had my heart set on has been rented to someone else! :mad:

I can feel my blood pressure rise everytime I think about it. I've gotta go to my therapy appt and will continue this when I return.

Stay tuned.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh no!!

Laura's Babies
10-30-2006, 08:26 AM
DARN! What is with them that they couldn't have done that for you? :eek:

moosmom
10-30-2006, 10:21 AM
I spoke to a higher up at BB&B, Sandy. She had the verification typed out and has faxed it to the management company. I should hear something today as to when I'll be able to move into an exact apartment only across the hall.

What a nightmare this has been. Did you ever get SO angry and frustrated you wanted to punch something?? Well, that's how bad it got with me. Something as simple as faxing a letter took over a week. UGH!!! :mad:

Karen
10-30-2006, 12:00 PM
The bigger and older a company is, the longer paperwork takes. That's a sad but simple rule I have come to know. Good luck on getting the across-the-hall place!

Blue_Frog
10-30-2006, 12:10 PM
What a headache! I'd hate to lose an apartment like that, but its lucky that theres the same one across the hall you could get instead :)

Could you get the BBnB company to send a generic letter directly to you as well (in case you ever need it for anything else), just saying something like "_______ is currently employeed with xxx company as of this date" -- a generic Verification of Employment letter? I'm not sure if it's any different in the states, but i usually get one from my employer HR dept as soon as I start a job - just in case I need it for anything (i'm a big fan of paper piles) ;)