PDA

View Full Version : Why so special?

slleipnir
06-07-2002, 10:06 PM
What makes your dog so special to you? What does he/she do to make you love them as much as you do?

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't think dogs get enough credit around the world..They do SOOOOOO much for us, and I know we do a lot for them too, but their still looked upon by some people as 'things'. What about seeing eye dogs? And all those other helping dogs? I'm probably over reacting about this, and some do get a lot of credit and all..bah. I don't know what point I'm getting too!! There should be like a..a dog day or something!! That would be neat! A day to celebrate dogs..! Ok..am I insane?? :x don't mind me..

mugsy
06-07-2002, 10:25 PM
NOPE!! You're not insane. I think if more people were like dogs there wouldn't be the insanity in the world that there is. Now let's think logically here....how many dogs do you think would become suicide bombers and all other craziness in the Middle East and other places. You've got to wonder what the dogs would say if they could talk and saw what was going on in the world.

It's a proven fact that people with dogs live longer healthier lives than those that don't...there's got to be something to that.

Now, look whose blithering!! lol

slleipnir
06-07-2002, 10:33 PM
lol, mugsy, your absolutely right :] I totally agree.

mugsy
06-07-2002, 10:38 PM
I can get on a soapbox can't I? lol But, I am an EXTREMELY opinionated person (just ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you...if you truly want an opinion ask Molly, if you don't, don't ask her! lol) and when I am passionate about a subject I can blither for days!! hehehe And like everyone else on this list, I love my poochies.

C.C.'s Mom
06-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Every day is a Dogs Day

Without my dog, I'm nothing. Where I am, my dog is. We're like Siamese Twins. She brings so much joy and happiness. I don't even know where to start if I have to decribe why Cookie is special.

Yeah, people with pets live longer. Especially if they have cats and/or dogs. I read in a medical magazine that it's because we pet them and this releases our stress.

Come here Cookie.... good dog. I love you sooo much.

There's this book about a small bunny and a big bunny: Guess How Much I Love You. It's Cookie's bedtime story. My husband reads it for her before we turn of the light...

Logan
06-08-2002, 05:53 AM
Audrey, you and Mugsy are so right! Earlier this week, in this same section, I posted a mushy note about my Golden Ladies....wanting to give them their "moment in the spotlight" because they mean the world to me, and I was so proud of them for handling themselves so beautifully with a rescue dog we were babysitting. I had rattled on about him so much, that I had forgotten to give credit where it was due.......with the precious ones who so willingly let him come into our house. And they did it again later in the week. Never batted an eye, neither of them, and made that whole first "fostering" experience so much easier for me.

They truly are special gifts from God. :)

slleipnir
06-08-2002, 09:45 AM
I'm the same as you mugsy!!

Also, what I ment by a dog day, I ment like a holiday type thing where people take the day to celebrate dogs. I know most people do anyway, but still :] Yeah, I know, that would never happen right?? All I know is I love my dog more then anything, she is the world to me..Its kinda strange but I get this ache or something when I'm looking at her..LOL I think I love her TOO much..is that even possible? Anyway, I wish everyone out there who wasn't allowed to have dogs, would be able to experiance it..I know my dogs made me the person I am, its too bad people weren't like dogs, everythign would be great, and it wouldn't matter to anyone how you dressed or acted, you would just be happy to have a good friend.