PDA

View Full Version : 2 Betta questions

BC_MoM
10-29-2006, 04:56 PM
1) How do I control the temperature of the water? When is it too warm/cold? My room is warm, but the water feels a tad chilly. Will the Betta adjust to the water's temperature?

2) How much do I feed him? I am feeding him Nutrafin Max. On the back of the package it says:

Feed as much as fish can eat in two minutes, two to three times daily.

But on the tank kit, it says feed as much as he can eat in 30 seconds, 3 or 4 flakes.

So how much am I supposed to feed, and how often? He was eating his pebbles - so I gave him a pinch of food - approx. 6 bite sized flakes. He ate about 4, the rest sank to the bottom and he hasn't touched them (probably won't until he's hungry?).

buttercup132
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Ya he will adjust to the temp.

Feed him about 4 fakes then.
He most likley wasnt eating his pebbles just putting them in his mouth sucking them and spitting them back out.

Zippy
10-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I have my 4 at room tempature and they are all healthy.
I don't know about feeding bettas flakes.I was told or read not to feed flakes to bettas but to feed them pellets.

BC_MoM
10-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys. The first few hours, he wasn't very active.. but he was swimming around all night and was swimming around this morning. He always comes to the front of the tank when I go up to it.. I love him!

Sevaede
10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
The instructions on the food package are to get you to use more so you end up buying more.

Just as much as he can eat in about that time is good. :) You don't want a bunch of food going to the bottom and making a gummy mess.