PDA

View Full Version : New Foster!!! JRT *Photos added*

cloverfdx
10-29-2006, 04:21 AM
We had a new foster boy arrive tonight. His name is Charlie (Chuck), and he is a Jack Russell Terrier, Tri Colour (Not pure, but nearly). He has settled well at the moment, and has been playing with Theodore, who loves having a new little friend ;).

I will add photos later.

chocolatepuppy
10-29-2006, 04:58 AM
That's great Rhi! Can't wait to see the pics! Sounds like you're gonna be busy. :D

Ginger's Mom
10-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Oh my, sounds like a busy house. How did you get him? I am assuming someone in one of your play or sport groups heard he needed a home, and you just couldn't say no. :D Good for you. And lucky for Jack. Can't wait to see pics.

Chilli
10-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Aww! Your new foster sounds adorable.. I can't wait for pictures! :D

cloverfdx
10-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Well he has been here about 8 hours and is currently asleep on the couch in the loungeroom with Theodore and Penny, and probably my Mum who should be in bed but always falls asleep on the couch lol (Is 2am). I am not sure where he is sleeping yet, i dont think Elvis will let him sleep with us. And all my crates are at a friends house.

We will work something out though ;). Well i am off to sort out where the little fellow is sleeping then it is bed time. Photos to come later today when i spend some time outside with him and the other guys.

ETA: He came from the same farm as Tinny. Charlie and his other terrier mates are used to move pigs and sheep into the yards but he was to timid for that kind of work, and would take off at night when it was time to be put to bed. And well if it doesn't work it cannot stay :(. His owner was quite upset about rehoming him though, and still cannot see Tinny (To heartbreaking for him).

Pembroke_Corgi
10-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm glad you took him in. Can't wait to see pictures!

cloverfdx
10-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Well Charlie has had a fun day, he has played ball outside with everyone most of the day and they have all ran around wrestling ;). Then this evening when it cooled down a bit we took him to the park for the first time, kind of interesting making sure everyone sticks together (All 6 of them lol).. he even ran offlead most of the way and did great :D.

My Brother wants to keep him... but my Mum and i had a pedigree JRT pup lined up that is due to be born in about 3 weeks time... so we are torn between letting Charlie stay or finding him a home like we said we would :confused:. We will see if anyone from Flyball is interested in him, as he is a typical feisty active lil terrier.

On to photos....

cloverfdx
10-30-2006, 05:20 AM
And more....

BCollie_Kelly
10-30-2006, 05:21 AM
awww he's very cute! :)

pitc9
10-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Ahhh... What a cutie pie!

zoomer
10-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Aww he is such an adorable little guy! Congrats!

luvofallhorses
10-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Charlie is sooo cute! :D thanks so much for fostering him, Rhi! :)

Uabassoon
10-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Aww he's so cute. I like his short little legs :D

Jadapit
10-30-2006, 02:55 PM
He's too cute! The little guy looks like he has a lot of attituide. I bet he's a spunky little guy. I love his wide chest. :)

Kater
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
A 6 dog pack!! You are brave, Rhi. Or perhaps you just have very well trained dogs... :)
Anyway, he is adorable! I hope he finds a good home soon. :)

Ginger's Mom
10-30-2006, 03:53 PM
He sure looks like he has happily settled in. :D Tinny, Elvis, and Clover are wonderful to help him feel so comfortable. What a great pack you have there, and they obviously have a great leader.

Anita Cholaine
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
What a cutie he is, I'm sure he has a lot of attitude :D And it seems like he's adapting well to your house. It's really good that the other 5 are being good boys.

BC_MoM
10-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Aww, he looks like a happy little fellar!! :D

cloverfdx
10-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Would it be too obvious if i said "Boy we are useless foster parents" lol ;). Charlie spent the day with us in Melbourne today and he was a very good boy. He did vomit on me in the car though poor little man, and poor me :eek:. And he wont walk onlead, drops to the ground and refuses to walk.. so all walks so far have been offlead which is no problem... but will be in the future when he goes places he needs to be onlead.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Would it be too obvious if i said "Boy we are useless foster parents" lol ;).
Does this mean he might be a permanant addition?? He sure is cute. :D

cloverfdx
11-01-2006, 12:45 AM
We are not quite sure just yet ;). We will hopefully find him a Flyball or sporting home where he can run off some energy and so we can keep an eye on him. My heart is saying JRT pup that we had lined up.. but then we would kick ourselves if Polly does not have a male pup :confused:... we will just take it a day at a time for now and see if Charlie has any interest or if he realy makes himself at home.