PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in my house these days

catcrazylady
10-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I apologize again for missing last weekend. I've been trying to at least get caught up on Saturday or Sunday but I was really busy....again!

I'll try to give you a brief rundown (with photo's so it won't be so boring)

We have a cellar type basement that you can only get into from outside. A cat had kittens in there!!! Of course I couldn't find them and have been waiting for them to start coming out. They are about 5 or 6 weeks now and we have started getting glimpses of them. The Friday before last I went out to put food for the ferals and there sat this sick little kitten on the porch and her eyes were matted shut. Because she was so sick and blinded at the moment I had no trouble catching her. So in she came. She only weighed about a half a pound. She was in bad shape. I started force feeding, fluids, and lots of medication.
Monday my little foster failure Tubby starting getting sick. I was terrified that it was going to be FIP again. Tuesday I had the vet check both the baby and Tubby. She did two belly taps on Tubby and got no fluid so we were hoping he just had a virus. He started antibiotics and I started feeling hopeful that maybe I wouldn't lose another one.
The baby kitten started vomiting a lot so we took her off of KMR and I was giving her injections to stop the vomiting. I finally got her down to only vomiting two or three times a day and I thought we were turning the corner. The vet felt like there was something wrong internally but she could never survive surgery if it could be corrected. All was looking hopeful.

Friday I went out to feed and there was another kitten just waiting for me to pluck it up!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p3eb795d726f4b9deb8d94275cac47349/ec52186f.jpg

He had some funky eye but is basically healthy and extremely cute!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p90bb74956ac27369d86f41defbf4fb4e/ec5213b9.jpg

I started him on antibiotics and he is doing well.
Saturday the little sick one followed me everywhere and was eating fairly well but by late afternoon things started going bad. She became very lethargic and nothing I did helped. She began having siezures and I medicated her with valium to stop them. I sat with her until 2 am when she finally died.

I called her Little Munchkin
RIP little one
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p10826cde632f4c91e634b81eb8be8709/ec51757c.jpg

Through all of this Tubby is still not improving and I'm convinced that he has FIP. He is eating like a horse but that is all he is doing. No playing, just eating and sleeping. His belly is huge and distended and I'm sure when I get him tapped again they will find fluid. My heart is absolutely breaking at the thought of having to do this again. I don't know what else it could be but I sure would appreciate all the prayers you can muster that something fixable is wrong with him. We really have fallen madly in love with this little boy.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p2d93d96ec38e5ccad5468dcadd30ce69/ecaa52e3.jpg

Yesterday I go outside and there sits another kitten so frozen in fear that I had no trouble grabbing it. It looks so much like Little Munchkin that its kind of scary. He/she is not in great condition but fortunately there is no vomiting and it's eating very well. I've done all the worming and put it on antibiotics and I think the outcome for this one will be better.

Isn't it cute??? Sort of???
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pb4a49269ec14f7c92f6dca4eb568e66e/ec517b85.jpg

Terrified of the camera, but cute
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p8e979e64bcb716ce2c79e6b1ba2bb66d/ec517abf.jpg

Meanwhile, the little buff baby that we named Noah is doing very well. He is full of it and creating quit the stir around here. He is fearless and kind of crazy and I think he will be fine. Here are some pictures of him today.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pd5d96ff37140ab334d6056f2d8c2ee68/ec516c2e.jpg

His eyes are almost all cleared up
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p985b8651b00480a7d505eb73215b05fe/ec516b8c.jpg

Wait until you hear what is left in the basement....two long haired orangies!!!! The traps are set so hopefully I will have them soon and then you guys can start fighting over who gets them!!! ;)

So once again my house is crazy and I'm asking for prayers for my precious and special Tubby. I really don't want to go through this again. I'm not sure how much more my heart can take.
Please pray for the sweet little boy who has stolen mine and hubby's heart. It just won't be fair if we have to lose him too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p311e0c86cdc66c53f592713f04c86db3/ec512956.jpg

Well that kind of sums up my last two weeks. I've decided that this rescue stuff sure aint easy!!!!

Don Juan's mom
10-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh, dear, you mean you didn't notice that sign outside your basement?

CAT MATERNITY HOSPITAL
AND
KITTEN CLINIC

I can imagine what you're going through with all the FIP deaths, having lost Kitty Cardamom to that horrid disease. :( It's why I have Don Juan and Zerlina innoculated every year, despite the best efforts of that anti-vaccination activist who has a booth at most of the cat shows around here.

Prayers that Tubby will be better soon. :)

Liz

jenluckenbach
10-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Your life is CRAZY!! :eek:

Prayers for that little Tubby.

And best of luck with the babies. (so sorry about the Munchikin) :(

Freedom
10-28-2006, 04:06 PM
THAT was SOME two weeks you had there! RIP little Munchkin, so sorry you couldn't stay with us longer; have fun at the bridge! Best wishes for Tubby, let us know how things develop. Noah and the other 3 babies (Munchkin 2 and 2 orangies) best get going giving mom lovin, she could really use some!

RedHedd
10-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Oh CCL You HAVE had it rough. Little Noah looks like he's going to be a trouble-maker, but then aren't most orangie males? :D They're all heart-stealers. Prayers going out that little Tubby hangs on and thrives.

Can't wait to meet the others! :)

catnapper
10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Woah - busy isn't the word for it! I am sorry to hear you lost another little one. I wonder if there's something in the water -- seriously! Maybe a polluted water source? Thats so many little ones in such a short time. :(

They must all know about you though - they all come for your special brand of TLC. ((((hugs))))

orangemm
10-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh, that little tuxdeo boy! Isn't he adorable? My goodness you have your hands FULL with these little ones tugging at your heartstrings. I'm so sorry about little Munchkin; at least she was where she was warm and loved.

Catty1
10-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Prayers to dear Tubby...can FIP not be treated? I hope it is something else....hugs!

Laura's Babies
10-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Those babies are adoreable! They look like they are ALL fur!!.....
OOOOOooooooooooo I wish I could have another one!!!

Will keep Tubby in my prayers. I hate you are having to go through this. Just remember Garth Brooks "The Dance"....

krazyaboutkatz
10-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Lisa, It's great seeing you post again and you sure have been busy.:) I'm so sorry to hear about little Munchkin. RIP little one.:( Noah is such a cutie pie and I bet his 2 orangie littermates are adorable too.:) I sure hope that all of these kittens will continue to thrive in your care and remain healthy for many many years to come. Lots of prayers are now going out to sweet little Tubby. I sure hope that if he does have the deadly FIP that this will be the end of it. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

catmandu
10-28-2006, 07:12 PM
We Are So Sorry To Hear About Muchkin.
He Will Be An Eternal Kitten, And Will Be There To Greet You One Day.
We Are Praying That The Other Kittens Will Grow To Be Big Cats .
More Gold Stars Beside Your Name.

Bless You For Caring.

moosmom
10-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Lisa,

I'm sorry about little Munchkin. But those precious babies are so lucky to have you and hubby. I'm praying that they will all pull through.

K & L
10-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Oh Lisa they knew where to come. It's amazing isn't it? Just like Sable and her babies, it's like they reached out to us. I hope for the best for these and know they're in the best of hands. I'll watch for updates.

jazzcat
10-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Gosh Lisa it's just non stop for you isn't it. I'm so sorry about the little one and I'm keeping Tubby and the other little babies in my thoughts and prayers.

rg_girlca
10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi Hi Lisa.. *WAVE* *WAVE*

Gosh, here I thought all you heartaches were over with. I am so sorry to hear about Little Munchkin. :(

Those are some beautiful babies. I pray that they have a full and speedy recovery.

Big time prayers on the way for your precious Tubby. It can't be FIP, it just can't. :(

((((((HUGS)))))) Lisa.

kimlovescats
10-29-2006, 03:41 PM
RIP little Munchkin, she looked so much like a baby named Autumn that I lost at that age! :( Prayers coming for your Tubby, that it isn't that dreadful FIP!!! :(

Your new little tykes are cute beyond words!!!! LOVE THEM! Prayers that they will continue to thrive ... good luck letting THEM go! ;)