PDA

View Full Version : Nothing In Life Is Free

timlewis
10-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I have read a little about it on the website, is that all there is to it or its their some kinda book or something to order? How well does it work and will it work on an older dog?

luvofallhorses
10-28-2006, 01:44 PM
I am not sure if there is a book or not on NILIF, but you can print it out here if you have a printer. :)

http://k9deb.com/nilif.htm

Giselle
10-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Will it "work" for an older dog? Depends on what you mean by "work", but, yes, if you use NILIF correctly, it will help curb your dog's dominance and help you shape better behaviors.

I've never heard of a book written solely on NILIF because I mainly give newbies the link luvofallhorses provided. NILIF isn't that complicated too grasp. In very simple terms, it is just having the human assert him/herself as alpha. It doesn't mean alpha rolls, scruff grabbing or anything. It simply means that you are alpha. As such, you eat first, you exit the door first, you decide who gets what when. For example, before Fido can eat, he must do something in return. Hence, the name "Nothing in Life is Free". If Fido wants to eat, he has to sit. If Fido wants to exit the door, he needs to remain calm and you can even ask him to sit. The point is that he will receive nothing if he gives nothing. No sit? No meal. Why? Because you said so. You're alpha. It really is that simple! :)

Jadapit
10-28-2006, 05:08 PM
I use it for my dogs. Its worked wonders for Ebony. Its really not hard to do. Giselle explained it very well. :)