PDA

View Full Version : YOWwucch!

sandragonfly
10-28-2006, 11:08 AM
:( that's what we get for having cats?? :p don't worry, I still love them to pieces! :D this morning - I was asleep pretty sound, well, almost ..until someone, I couldn't figure out who yet was running across me and pounced off on my eye! :eek: owwuch. have they happened to you too before?

I had to press my right eye so left one wouldn't hurt like !!!!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/yowwuch.png

close up .. ouch.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/waawaa.png
>.<

and, also please pray for my dear poor foot - it's getting infected. :(

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/x.png

the stitches were out recently and I've been treating it well and dancing cautiously and it just won't get any better! :p

oops - I've gotta go to dance rehearsal now! I've been there all morning and that eye is botheeering me.. lol. do you have any familiar scars? share them! :)

RedHedd
10-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Gina, with an infection like that on your foot, I'd stay away from dancing for a while. Please do what the docs tell you and stay off of it for a while so it can heal properly.

moosmom
10-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Gina,

Believe me, I feel your pain. Your eye looks awful. Remember when I went to smooch Maya Linn's white belly while she was sound asleep? That was not a pretty sight either. My eye turned black and blue.

Never again! Hope your eye and foot heal okay. How's the new place?? How doe your babies like it??

*LabLoverKEB*
10-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Oooooh! That's gotta hurt! :eek: Ouch- I really hope all of those heal well!

sandragonfly
10-28-2006, 02:46 PM
reddhedd, when stitches were in (for 10 days), no shower for two days, no walk for four days and no running for two weeks were doctor's order. two weeks are over - I think it is getting infected because one of hefty labs ran onto it and clawed, peeled it re-open a bit. that reallyreally hurt, now it's bruised a bit. the gash was closing pretty good. :(

my eye's a bit swollen and slightly purple already, oh well. had some ice and vitman E oil on.

moosmom, yes, I remember, yikes. things going good and we are loving it here! I don't think we have ever felt peaceful before. thanks for asking. :) did you see my last post (of four new additional pictures) in new home thread? that cat, baby, for some reason, made me thought of you! didn't you love calicos?

thanks lablover!

moosmom
10-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Gina,

I absolutely LOVE calicos!!! My munchkin Shortie is a Munchkin calico and it was love at first bite!!! Glad things are going well with you, honey!! Things can only get better!

Giselle
10-28-2006, 04:38 PM
OUCH Gina. I feel so bad for you :( And here I was complaining about two cuts on the heel of my feet. I hope you get better soon and I agree, go easy on the dancing.

Lady's Human
10-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Gina,

Pippen (due to sheer mass) has inflicted some pretty nasty cuts on me over the years, the games of midnight tag around the bedroom prior to getting Lady were downright brutal on the humans in the house. (20 pound cat doing max speed across the bed then trying to turn!)

Stay off the hoof as much as possible, it needs to HEAL!

(I'm taking donations for bubble wrap) :D

borzoimom
10-28-2006, 05:50 PM
OUCH BABY!!! OUCH! I hope your are feeling welll soon.. OUCH! Your doctor put you on antibiotics right?

Laura's Babies
10-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Ewwwwww! That looks AWFUL! :eek:

Corinna
10-28-2006, 08:06 PM
lh sending you more bubble wrap for her!
sounds like things are going well FINALLY for you girl. take care of your self.

elizabethann
10-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Ouch is right. I hope you heal up real soon. Take care.

Daisy and Delilah
10-29-2006, 06:12 AM
OMG!!! Please be careful Gina!! Take care of yourself sweetie and don't get hurt anymore!! :)

trayi52
10-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Gina, honey, that has got to hurt. You need to take it easy on that foot and do what the doctor says. Your poor little eye looks so painful. Please take better care of yourself, sweetie.

As always you are always in my prayers,
Willie

sandragonfly
10-29-2006, 10:53 AM
noooo, don't start, LH! :D or I'll have the mayor, (even worse, your sister??) boot you out! :p :p ;)

how can I be careful while I was asleep? LOL. and sleeping in bubblewrap, popping all night-long? oh dear. well, at least I'd like to have purple one, matches my sheets! :cool:

okay, eyelid stratch is looking good! unbelievably so quick.. it doesn't even hurt to blink. :o my sore foot, I'm gonna soak it in warm salty water, draw out and fight infection .. do you think that would help too? it's pretty pita not able to walk the way I walk, stretch in/out or sleep well!

grrr.

Catty1
10-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Gina - would your doc give you antibiotics without you having to see him/her?

That salt water soak is a great idea, and the AB's would prevent the infection from going deeper!

You LOVE your dancing, so I hope you look at the antibiotic option too - yer foot's kinda important when you dance! :D

Hope it's better soon!

hugs!