PDA

View Full Version : Need Computer HELP! (please)

NoahsMommy
10-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey lovlies!! I was gone again at the hospital...and then my computer tried to die on me. We dropped it off at Geek Squad on Tuesday night and we just got it back. All that they found wrong was that one of my memory cards was bad. We got a new one, installed it and everything is fine...at least at Geek Squad/Best Buy it was.

To get my computer to work with thier monitors, he had to mess with my resolution. Now, my screen is YELLOW!! Its like my entire screen has a yellow film on it...everything looks like someone peed on my screen!

Any ideas?? What do I do? Best Buy/Geek Squad is already closed for the night. :(

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Karen
10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
There should be buttons or a control panel to adjust that. Is it a laptop, or a separate unit? Mac or PC?

NoahsMommy
10-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Its not a laptop, just a CPU...its a PC, not a Mac.

Its in the Control Panel? OK, I'll check that out. Have you heard of this? Is this normal when adding a new memory card and/or adjusting the resolution??

Mom thinks I'm utterly nuts, but its annoying me so much. My computer isn't supposed to look like this and its hurting my eyes.

Thanks for the help, Karen! :)

Hugs,
Kelly :)

NoahsMommy
10-28-2006, 01:22 AM
OK, I'm normally very good at these types of things.

I went to Control Panel and to Display (same thing as right-clicking on the desktop and selecting Properties)...I've adjusted the resolution. What else can I do???

borzoimom
10-28-2006, 05:45 AM
You should have buttons on your monitor. Like brightness, color etc. Do you? Its on the actual monitor..

Blue_Frog
10-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Try this -- it depends on your video card though (this works with an ATI card), so may or may not work ...

- right click on the desktop, and choose Properties
- click on the 'settings' tab
- click on the Advanced button (near the bottom right)
- Click on the 'colors' tab
- click on the button labelled 'Defaults' --- that should reset the colours

:)