PDA

View Full Version : Male/Female CheckBox?

GreyhoundGirl
10-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Does anyone think this is a good idea? I'm quite embaressed about thinking people are the opposite gender over and over and over. Just a little checkbox in the profile would be handy. As some people have names that can be either gender.

Some people I'm even curious about weather they are a dude or a dudette. :p It seems rude to ask, though. Hey, are you a girl or a boy? :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion. :)

Argranade
10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes I think that would be a good thing to have around. :)

sandragonfly
11-10-2006, 11:56 AM
oh, you'll know it soon or sooner. ;) may be good idea but I've seen some profiles (like lv4dogs') that tells you people her/his gender.

or you can ask me which is boy or girl, I think I know almost all genders - most people post their real names here. but of course, I won't tell you if I'm not sure!

just ask me if you want to. :)

Karen
11-10-2006, 12:28 PM
You can always ask someone if you are curious!

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-10-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't think it's necessary. As Karen said, you could always ask. It's not as if you're able to see us all. The only thing you have to go by is our real name and/or our username. I've had a couple people ask me before because I have a name that could be for either gender, and I didn't find it weird as there wasn't really any way for them to know.

sandragonfly
11-10-2006, 04:26 PM
oh and, you also could check out those let's see you! threads, plenty of pictures behind names here.

GreyhoundGirl
11-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I have, but the person I'm looking for isn't there. And it just feels akward asking. :p

dogzr#1
11-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I would like to have them. It just feels awkward asking "Hey, are you a guy or girl?". I would be too embarrassed to ask them that. Some people's names can go for either gender so it can be a little confusing. Like for one person, I just recently found out they were a guy. This entire time I thought they were a girl! XD :o So, yes, I would like a male/female checkbox.

Karen
11-10-2006, 09:02 PM
And it just feels akward asking. :p

You could always ask me. And if I don't know, I can ask that person, as I don't find it awkward in the least bit!

G535
11-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Not everyone wants others to know if they are male/female. There are male/female checkboxes on the rail forums that I belong to but I didn't tick either as rail forums are almost always male only and any female who joins is not taken seriously.

wolfsoul
11-11-2006, 12:20 AM
I always worry people think I'm a guy because my name is Jordan. I swear I'm a girl!

GreyhoundGirl
11-11-2006, 06:27 AM
lol, it's not you, I swear. :p

You could always ask me. And if I don't know, I can ask that person, as I don't find it awkward in the least bit!

Thanks, I will :)

xcolbi
11-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Haha! Lol that's funny. Well, see you at school on Monday :p !

Alyssa

Zippy
11-23-2006, 05:39 PM
It was very imbrassing for me when i called King2005 a boy :o
I think if we just put it in are profile it would be easier

BC_MoM
11-23-2006, 05:41 PM
It was very imbrassing for me when i called King2005 a boy

I used to think she was a he, too! :o

GreyhoundGirl
11-23-2006, 06:18 PM
It was very imbrassing for me when i called King2005 a boy :o
I think if we just put it in are profile it would be easier

*gulp. He isn't? OOooppppsss ! :o

*covers post incase SHE comes on...

finn's mom
11-24-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm not bothered by not knowing. I usually assume the person is a girl/woman unless they say otherwise. :) I think if a person really cares that people know their gender, they'll tell *you*. :) I wouldn't be bothered by having a checkbox, but, I don't think it's necessary, either.