View Full Version : At what age did you...

CagneyDog
10-27-2006, 03:47 PM
start dating, and we're your parents okay with it?

(Just out of curiosity)

animal_rescue
10-27-2006, 03:57 PM
I didn't start dating until this past year and I still really don't. My parents are ok with it, infact they encourage it simply because I never get out of the house. :p

Sevaede
10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Troy and I have been together since I was 15. My parents just had a few questions and precautions but that was it. They just want what will make me happy. :)

RICHARD
10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
23 girls brawl over handsome boy

Police were called in Bulgaria after a mass fight broke out between 23 teenage girls over a handsome male student.

The girls, aged between 15 and 18, used brass knuckles, chains and beer bottles to fight over the lad whose name was not revealed.

The girls, from the Bulgarian capital Sofia, agreed to fight it out and skipped school to meet up in a local playground in the Gorublyane district of the city.

Several girls suffered minor injuries and dozens of passers-by reportedly witnessed the incident.

But the alarm wasn't raised until after the fight when a father of one of the injured girls called the police.

:eek: :confused:

binka_nugget
10-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I started dating right before my 18th birthday. I'm turning 19 next month so.. I started dating a year ago I guess. My mom would always get a bit concerned when I started going out with someone new.. only because she saw how badly I was hurt by past boyfriends. She was concerned about my current boyfriend when I started going out with him.. but she encourages it now that she sees how happy I am these days. :)

.sarah
10-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I'll be 18 in a few months and I still haven't started dating. My parents would have been okay with me dating a few years ago but I haven't really been interested in anyone. I'm ready to date now but it would probably be better for me to wait until next semester when I'm mostly done with school, so I haven't been out "looking" for anyone just yet.

critter crazy
10-27-2006, 05:06 PM
I started Dating at 16. My parents were okay, cause I had to go through the whole bring your boyfriend home to meet Daddy deal!!;)

*iluvskipper*
10-27-2006, 05:10 PM
well i dont think that my parents really care but i got my first at age 12 ;) (im 13, almost 14 now)

areias
10-27-2006, 05:17 PM
I've always hung out with the boys...but I started kind of dating when I had just turned 13. When I was 12 I would go spend a week in Maine in the summer and me and my cousin would go out scouting for boys. :p It feels so long ago, but it really isn't. I'm 19 now. I guess I started my first kind of serious relationship when I was 14.

Forgot to add, yes my parents were okay with it. I had curfew and everything, but they were fine, as long as I wasn't bringing home some 25 year old worthless piece of crap. Hehe...

davidpizzica
10-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Would you believe last week for me? Over the years I've known a lot of girls that were close friends, but not close enough to date. Then I joined my singles group and met lovely Doreen! We went to a Christian music concert last saturday and have plans to attend the circus next thursday. At 58, it's better late than never!

buttercup132
10-27-2006, 06:45 PM
I didn't start dating until this past year and I still really don't. My parents are ok with it, infact they encourage it simply because I never get out of the house. :pSame lol.
I dont think boyfriends get serious until 16 though. Usually when people have them younger then that they are actually just friends.

Argranade
10-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Im not dating now and don't plan to till im 17,

Right now boys are just my friends we just goof around and do silly things lol,

I have been asked out a few times but said no.

For my parents...I would be dead if my dad found out I was dating now :rolleyes: , my mom would probably take it more easy but most likley not want me to lol... everytime she see's a boy look at me she always smiles and laughs .. lol I get so nervouse. :o

Who says they have to know im dating. ;)

*iluvskipper*
10-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Same lol.
I dont think boyfriends get serious until 16 though. Usually when people have them younger then that they are actually just friends.

ha. just like friends?? see some ppl in my school.... lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-27-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm 17, and have never dated anyone...nor do I plan on it for a looong time. In fact, there's a high chance I never will. However, my parents would have been fine at 16 years and up...that's what my Dad said anyway.

buttercup132
10-27-2006, 07:14 PM
ha. just like friends?? see some ppl in my school.... lolWhat do they do? No more then a kiss I'm sure. Unless they are older. What age are you talking about?

Suki Wingy
10-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Never, most of both sexes at my school and neighborhood are complete morons or my friends. My mom actually is wondering why I'm 16 and havn't had a boyfriend yet. :p

cali
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
I will be 19 on sunday and the closest thing to a date I have been on was a blind double, I just went with my best friends x-boyfriends best friend on ther first date cause she was nervous about going alone. outside of that I have never been asked out in my life,exept as a joke. never even so much as danced with a guy. though its not as if I try, I like to make guys look at me and flirt with me but I have no desire to date them lol

*iluvskipper*
10-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Buttercup_132 clear some space in your messages and ill pm you!!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I started dating at 16, and my parents were ok with that. I stared dating my husband at 19.

Sevaede
10-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Same lol.

Says who? :confused:

cali
10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I actually have to agree with Buttercup on that one friend who is only 12, and she has had like 9 "boyfriends" (she usually has more then one at a time lol) while they are technachly "boyfriends" given her age, when you actually compare to boyfriend/girlfriend 16 years and up, they are more like close friends then boyfriends or girlfriends. I mean most of the under 16 boyfriend/girlfriends I have seen are no closer then my best friend and I(mind you my best friend and I are unusally close lol)

Cookiebaker
10-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I was 20 when I started dating Mark. It was so worth the wait, and I am so glad I didn't date around!!!!!!

CountryWolf07
10-27-2006, 08:58 PM
I didn't start dating until I was 18.

buttercup132
10-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Says who? :confused:I know from experience...
How old are you? If you're younger maybe thats why you dont understand.
My pm box is completely empty now.

Sevaede
10-27-2006, 09:05 PM
I know from experience...
how old are you? If your younger maybe thats why you dont understand.
My pm box is completly empty now.

Yes, but the results of one experience can't possibly be applicable to that of all of everyone elses experiences, do you think?

I am 18 and understand completely, thank you.

Dorothy39
10-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I was asked to attend an 8th Grade Dance by a guy that I had a huge crush on :eek:

I was 14 years old then, and I lived real close to the school ( walking distance thing :o )

Afterwards, I wrote about the experience in my Diary~~, the last line being, "I HOPE THIS IS THE START OF SOMETHING" :rolleyes:

Well, it sure was :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I didn't start dating seriously until I was 19...I didn't really miss it when I was younger. Most of my dating life was problems and drama, at least I don't have to deal with that now!!

Twisterdog
10-27-2006, 11:07 PM

I don't know if they were "ok" with it, but they knew it was going to happen.

dab_20
10-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm still not allowed to date, but my parents say when I'm 16. I'm allowed to go to the movies or something with a guy, only if I have a girl friend there with us.

Suki Wingy
10-28-2006, 12:51 AM
wow, some of your parents are SO protective! My mom almost wants me to grow up faster! Not allowing someone to date until a set age!? I've never herd of that!

CathyBogart
10-28-2006, 01:05 AM
When I was a kid, my parents always said they wouldn't let me date until I was 16. However, I got involved in my first serious relationship at 14 (Hey, that's odd, my first BF just IMed me....we haven't spoken in almost a year!) and my parents were okay with it.

I think they didn't try to stop me because they knew it would just have made the relationship more appealing to me. I was with him until I was 16. It was definitely a serious relationship, despite my young age.

sandragonfly
10-28-2006, 01:25 AM
..umm, I don't remember! but I remember my father always argues with my younger sister who likes almost every cute boys she sees that she wasn't suppose to hang out with them or bring them into his home!

so I assume, having an overprotective father, I think I wouldn't be allowed until I move out. :)