PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef.

RICHARD
10-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Is anyone watching it?

I like it way better than hell's kitchen.

It's on the Bravo Network!

borzoimom
10-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Ohhhhhhhh we love to watch Top Chef. I wonder why the woman ( er -whats her name) - we have never seen her compete... And we watch the hosts show all the time " Good Eats". I am a good cook, but I have learned alot from him..

KYS
10-27-2006, 07:37 AM
I watched part of it last night.
I am one of those channel flippers.

elizabethann
10-27-2006, 07:45 AM
I watched it last season & enjoyed it.

However, I've been going to bed early (like 8-9pm) because I've been sick so I've missed the beginning of this years season.

borzoimom
10-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I watched it last season & enjoyed it.

However, I've been going to bed early (like 8-9pm) because I've been sick so I've missed the beginning of this years season.
Are you okay now???

Donnaj4962
10-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Ohhhh! I LOVE that show! I try to stay up to watch it (it's on late here.... 10 pm). I watched all of last season! If I miss a show, then I can see it repeated at some point on the weekend! Some of the "dishes" that they come up with are amazing! And some are gross! :eek:

But the drama is always fun to watch!

elizabethann
10-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Are you okay now???

I still have laryngitis - everybody in my family is happy. I wonder why? ;)

Thanks for asking. Take care.

borzoimom
10-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Get some zinc lozenges. I use to sing in the Westminster Choir in the NY philharmonic, and it will kick it realllly fast. It also comes in a product called cold eeze. What it does is reverse the bacteria in the throat and soft pallet and neutralizes it.. I am serious- it realllllllly works! Hope you feel better..

sirrahbed
10-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I spent one Saturday a few weeks ago - watching ALL of last season. It was - I think - 11-12 hours worth? Anyway, I LOVED the show. I missed the new season opener and that is aggravating - but I am hooked on the show now so will keep with it.

I don't really see any dishes I would want to try - but it sure is fun to watch it for the reality drama :p I love to cook, so the background subject is interesting.

Richard - have you ever watched the Next FoodNetwork Star? It is very similar only the winner gets a contract for his/her own cooking show that goes for about 8 episodes and the cooking is less gourmet. The next season has not begun yet but I am watching for it.

RICHARD
11-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Richard - have you ever watched the Next FoodNetwork Star? It is very similar only the winner gets a contract for his/her own cooking show that goes for about 8 episodes and the cooking is less gourmet. The next season has not begun yet but I am watching for it.

Yes,

Liked that and am trying to get the listings for the BBC show, don't know the name......

In TC I could not handle the blonde they just got rid of and Marcel - his
Fantastic Four/wolverine?Hugh Jackman imitation make me want to slap him..

RICHARD
11-12-2008, 05:51 PM
The new season starts tonight Wednesday, 11-12 on BRAVO CHANNEL-

RICHARD
11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Top Chef competition has to be fixed-The first elimination was held before the people ever got to their living quarters.

Two of the competitors were former school mates and they ended up facing off to see who would go home.

What were the chances that they would be the last two to face off in the finalelimination round? They had to compete in three different contests to get to there- I thought it was kind of flaky....

RICHARD
12-17-2008, 11:20 PM
THe Martha Stewart TC starts in 45 minutes.
'

Why is the world obsessed with her 'talents' when she has stolen most of her ideas from America.

I know the rest of you have seen the episode already.....I can hardly wait!:D

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Here we go!!!

First of all-

I said this before-Why in the world would you have a bridal shower/dinner prepared as a contest?

The AMFAR party made me mad. I don't know who Natasha Richardson is-but when she stated that the guests were given the red ribbons to use to judge the dishes-that stunned me.

Really? You are using a symbol of a really effing nasty disease as a 'gold star' for a trivial cooking show?

That made me angry and laugh. This is what 'reality TV' has turned to. Taking a serious subject/symbol and using it to judge food.

Lovely. I don't understand why you'd let a cooking show do the food for a party with a few hours of prep and then get pissy about it. IDK.

I want to do the Martha Stewart commentary for the episode-but I found her to be not as offensive as the AMFAR thing.:rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Yes,

Liked that and am trying to get the listings for the BBC show, don't know the name......

Do you mean Masterchef?? I love that show!!

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Do you mean Masterchef?? I love that show!!

Yes, we don't get that on our system, so much wonderful culinary TV and either you cannot get it or have to pay extra..:(

RICHARD
12-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Is Tom Colichio on the planet?

When you have a theme show-cook the 12 days of Christmas what does he expect?
His comment about the deviled eggs was really dumb-what else could you do with 6 geese a laying?

Foie Gras on crackers? Then he would have complained about the egg component!

Martha Stewart had to award the win to the Jersey girl....and what happened to her palate...

Duh...where's the butter!:D:rolleyes:

RICHARD
01-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Why are all the RUDE English TV personalities send to the United States?

This Toby jackhole that's taking Gail Simmons place-and I don't blame GS for taking the rest of the season off-after they jacked up her shower!;)

How rude do you have to be to be a judge?

Cat food? Only a rude food critic who has eaten cat food would know what cat food tastes like!

Also, they gave everyone a pass on the Christmas show, to show a Christmas spirit-but jacked two people on the New Year's Show.....

Peace on earth, Good will towards men-
No love for chefs after the new year!:p:eek: