PDA

View Full Version : demanding furbabies....

carole
10-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Just felt inspired to start this thread, and find out who is your most demanding furbaby in the household, i have just learned one of my new furbabies Ellie-Mae is indeed a very demanding girl.

Now yes i am practising tough kitty love on her, but today she pushed her limit, I was feeling very unwell this morning and decided after seeing Melissa and Hubby off, making sure all furbabies were feed and cuddled and nice and cosy inside with access to outside if need be through their new catdoor , I would go back to bed and see if i could get some rest, Ha what a joke that was,not only was there this most annoying bird on the roof sounding like woody woodpecker the whole time, Miss Ellie-mae decided to meow constantly at the door and scratch trying to get in, I had originally let her in for a while although this is really Lexie's domain, and I try to keep it that way, but she was even more annoying scratching at my neck and just being a nuisance, normally i would have more patience but not today, i figured if I ignore her she will finally go away, WRONG, she kept it up for what seemed like an hour with the most pitiful sounding meows, don't worry folks, it is all just an act, she does this also when i am having a bath, all the kitties are just happy snoozing but not my Elllie-mae.

She is really the most people type cat, she just loves company and is our only lap cat out of all four, she never got any attention when she belonged to that horrible neighbour of mine, so maybe she just craves it continually, well i gave up in the end with kitty, the bird and the phone ringing i decided it just was not meant to be.

I can now have a laugh, but at the time i was a little fed up to tell the truth, what does a girl have to do around here to get a break huh?

Yep although flattering to be wanted so much, by my needy lil kitty, there is a time and place for everything , right, well try telling her that, she is adorable and i love her to bits, she certainly has got the most purrsonality of all my kitties indeed, even does almost back flips when playing too.

:)

moosmom
10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Carole,

The most demanding cat at my house actually is Maya Linn. She has taken to push MooShoo aside at bedtime to get between us. Now, MooShoo is my soulmate and is in my bed every single night, under the covers with his head on the pillow. That's his spot and has been for years. Well, now she just HAS to get in between the two of us. I just push her down and let her go under the covers near my legs. Whenever MooShoo is burrowed under the covers, she'll go under the same covers and growl at him indignantly, I might add, and even snap at him. She has become quite the alpha witch in my house.

Shortie is another one. When I'm at the computer, she'll drag her teaser toy over and meow until I pick it up and play with her. The minute I stop, she's at me again, meowing louder. After about half an hour, my arm gets tired and eventually she gives up. By that time, my arm really hurts.

Ah, the things we do for our furbabies.

catnapper
10-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Flutter is the diva around here. That shouldn't surprise too many folks ;)

She'll swat at you if you have the audacity to ignore her meows for attention. For a little 3-legger, she sure can cliumb and get to places you'd never expect her to go, all to get as high as possible, so that her swats are their most effective :D

Laura's Babies
10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
I think Samantha is my most demanding. She HAS to be in MY lap if I am on the sofa and she beats me to the bed at night. She is the only one that will sleep with me all night. I reckon you could say she is my most faithful companion and never far from me. If I am on the sofa, that means my lap is hers and she will not give it up to anyone! But this is not complaining you are hearing from me.... it is bragging!

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Pearl is my most demanding cat and also the noisiest.:) She cries very loudly for her food every morning and night and also for her nightly greenie treats. She also likes me to play with her. She'll bring me a mouse and I'll throw it and she'll bring it back to me. If I don't pick up the mouse fast enough then she'll start meowing very loudly to let me know that I should hurry up. Lately she's been howling at my bedroom door even if I'm out in another room. I used to keep it open all of the time but ever since I painted I've kept it shut because I still have a lot painting supplies in my room and I still haven't finished painting yet.

Sunny is my most demanding male cat and is also very loud. He usually howls outside my bedroom door every morning and is my furry alarm clock. He sings for his breakfast and dinner too.:)

catmandu
10-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Scrappy 2 Is Easily The Most Demanding Found Cat.
She Will Sit And Meeewww, Meeeeewww And Mmeeeeeeewwwwwwww, Until You Get Up And See Just What It Is She Wants.
A Lot Of Time Its Attention, If Miquelito And Pouncierge Are Sleeping.

Freedom
10-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Tie between Sparkle and Ruffles.

Sparkle is "mommie's girl," she can't be away from me too long. If I sit, she's in my lap. Going to bed, she races me there. All night long, she is snuggled up next to me. If I am in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up, she is under foot. Honestly, my biggest problem is that I have not yet learned to walk with 6 feet!!

Ruffles is 15 and has many of her molars removed. So eating is a bit troublesome for her. She eats almost every 20 minutes around the clock! three or 4 pieces of kibble at a go. Since some of the other cats in this house are overweight, I can't leave food out. So Ruffles has to let me know she wants her dish. In the guest bedroom we march, door closes, down comes her dish. I leave. A few minutes later, she is pounding at the door, "let me OUT, I'm done in here!" Back to the bedroom, shoo Crystal and chestnut away, squeeze in the door without those 2 following, grab the dish as Ruffles pushes past me to get OUT. Put the dish away. Calm reigns for a little while, until she is ready to eat again.

jenluckenbach
10-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Jasper!

There is a reason we call him PEST #1.

He will not give up. He paws at you, and paws at you, and on and on.......

Then you pet him, but he isn't satisfied. :rolleyes: He starts again.

So you hold him. Well he wants nothing of that! :eek: so you put him down.

And he paws at you, and paws at you, and on and on and on and on.......

carole
10-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Gosh that was fun reading these threads, and knowing i am not alone, i guess i have been spoilt before none of my other two were particularly demanding, Ella we call Nutella and Madella at times because honestly that is what she is plain nutty at times, but in the sweetest way ever of course. :)