PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Crashed... :(

Toby's my baby
10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm sick to my stomach right now... :( I found out today that my hard drive on my computer crashed. That means all my pictures, except for the few on photobucket, and the older ones on cd's are all gone. All of my beautiful pictures with my new S2..gone. The pictures of my baby nephew..gone. Pictures from trips to Arizona, and pictures of all my friends at my old school...GONE. :( I haven't gone through my cd's, so I'm hoping not everything is gone. I haven't put stuff on CD's for a very long time...so most of my stuff is well...GONE. I'm so disapointed, I dont even know what to do. I'll be back on PT when I get the new hard drive installed, until then, I'll 'see' you all later!

Laura's Babies
10-26-2006, 07:44 PM
:( I am sorry you lost all those pictures and your hard drive! Come back when you can!

countrycowgirl
10-26-2006, 07:50 PM
oh no beth!! that is awful I am so sorry about your pics I know how I am about pics so I understand!!! I hope that you can maybe recover some of them!

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
OUCH.. Been there, got the t shirt and tatoo, now I load my pictures every month the first of the month to a cd. .. then if it happens in the middle at least I have most of them...
It only happened once to me, but it was a blow... * knock on wood..)) so I learned- save to cd or floopy on the first of the month...

dukedogsmom
10-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Very sorry to hear that. The pics are probably still on your media card. There are programs to recover them. I think the one I used was called Media Recover. I recovered some that way when my card had a file error. My computer has some type of virus that's making it run so slow I can't do anything on it. Got to wait for my brother to look at it.

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh GOOD IDEA!!!!

Chilli
10-26-2006, 09:05 PM
I've been there, too... just recently.
Luckily, my dad forced me to make a backup of alot of my pictures a few months before our computer crashed, so I only lost 3-4 months worth of pictures.... though I didn't make a backup of any artwork I had created/worked on, so I lost all of that.
:( Hopefully you'll be able to recover some stuff..

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-26-2006, 09:11 PM
I remember when that happened to me...not fun at all. I'm very sorry, Beth. :(

I hope you'll be able to find some of your old pictures and such, or atleast be able to recover the lost ones..

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 09:19 PM
I've been there, too... just recently.
Luckily, my dad forced me to make a backup of alot of my pictures a few months before our computer crashed, so I only lost 3-4 months worth of pictures.... though I didn't make a backup of any artwork I had created/worked on, so I lost all of that.
:( Hopefully you'll be able to recover some stuff..
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man.. I am sooooooooooooo sorry... that hurts I know. contact friends you email pics to and maybe they can send them back to you...

k9krazee
10-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Ouch...that sucks, I'm so sorry :( That happened to me a couple years ago and I lost all Micki and Mini's puppy pictures.

mugsy
10-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Take the hard drive to a reputable computer place and they may be able to recover some of the stuff...Mike has done that for ours.

Miss Z
10-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Aaw, I hate that disappointment feeling :( I'm sorry that has happened to you and I hope the hard-drive is fixed soon, and hopefully some photos may still be lurking somewhere and you could recover them. I hope you're back with us again soon!

Blue_Frog
10-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Oh man, that sucks so much! Is it the computer is dead, or is the Hard drive fried?

You might be able to get some of your data back with a Data Recovery service - heres one I looked up in MN ...
http://www.adrdatarecovery.com/minneapolis.html

They can be a little pricy, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

Toby's my baby
10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
My mom brought the computer to work with her. (she works at a college) and brought it to a guy when she couldn't figure out what kind of hard drive to buy for it, and he brought it home with him this weekend to try fix it without getting a new hardrive for it!! We are all hopeing that he will be able to fix it, and everything will still be there. :D I'm really excited, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up, he is going to give us a call this weekend after he works on it a little bit. Keep your fingers crossed!

*iluvskipper*
10-27-2006, 06:39 PM
well thats what happened on our other computer but the geek squad could put most of it on a cd to put on this computer :)

Argranade
10-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't realy now anything about computers except using them..

I hope you get your photos back! that must realy stink... :(