View Full Version : Membership

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 06:28 PM
come on guys- most of you have hundreds of posts if not thousands and not " members. " I dont know the difference but I mean its obvious to even a rookie like me you love it here..
Maybe the moderators can tell you how to be members in your profile, but obviously= you are still here, love it (!!!!) and NOT a guest...

Dorothy39
10-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I've been posting on Pet Talk since April of this year, but I lurked for several months before my daughter -in - law coaxed me into registering.

Do I love it here? :o

Nuff said!! ;)

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 06:54 PM
COME ON OUT OF THE wood work guys/gals..... lolllllllllllllllllll...

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 06:59 PM
I see ya'all reading my post.. Come on- become members.. Just waiting for Karen or Paul to tell you all how after the fact... rofl...

Karen
10-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Not everyone you see as a "guest" is not a member. Some are long-time members who have chosen to be "invisible," so no one but moderators can tell what they are going, or that they are online.

However, we have always had plenty of "Lurkers" or "guests" - anyone who wants to register is free to do so - literally, as it doesn't cost anything. Just hit the "register" link - the upper left side of the page in the blue bar. Follow the steps, and viola! - you're a member!

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 08:38 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh so a guest could be someone who wants to be "invisible.. well thank you for explaining that to me... ( us rookies ask stupid questions...)

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Question Karen- I love being a member and love the fact someone can email me through this forum verses giving my personal address. Then I can respond without giving personal email addresses. If someone is a "guest" can they get a private message from someone on this forum???

luvofallhorses
10-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Question Karen- I love being a member and love the fact someone can email me through this forum verses giving my personal address. Then I can respond without giving personal email addresses. If someone is a "guest" can they get a private message from someone on this forum???

If they are a "guest" and haven't registered and aren't one that isn't invisible, then, no. :) you have to be a member to get private messages from people. :)

Karen
10-26-2006, 08:46 PM
No, one must be a member, otherwise, who would you put in the "to" field? You can send a PM to someone whether or not you can tell if they are currently onlone, however, that person will get it likely the next time they log in!

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Well I have enjoyed having private messages with people. Its lets us take things off line for their perticular situation and mine as well.. I love the feature and feel safer being able to talk to someone through this than giving out my personal email like I use to have to do.
I LOVE BEING A MEMBER!!! :D

Karen
10-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear it. Yes, some things are far better handled through Private Messages, for everyone involved!

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear it. Yes, some things are far better handled through Private Messages, for everyone involved!
ITS GREAT!! I can talk off line with no worry of private email but I have gotten things from it already, and I know the ones I have talked too feel the same. Its like having a private email that is through this, but I dont have the worries with giving out my own address unless I want too..
I am supposed to be resting but this is addictive so I will leave you alone... for now and thank you for clarifying it for me...