PDA

View Full Version : Four CA firefighters killed.

RICHARD
10-26-2006, 04:06 PM
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/three-firefighters-killed-in-california/20061026141809990028?ncid=NWS00010000000001

There are also about 400 people trapped in a motorhome park in the area... :(

mugsy
10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
That's so horribly sad and scary for the 400 trapped. Good thoughts, prayers, and energy being sent!!

cmayer31
10-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Thank you for posting this. My deepest condolences go to the families and friends of the firefighters. I have friends that are in CDF, California Department of Forestry - Fire Protection. I hope that if any are there that they are safe and working to rescue those who are trapped.

The weather here went deep into the red in terms of fire hazard and today is the worse so far. Very dry air and Santa Ana winds are not going to help. It seems like the last few Octobers have been deadly in terms of fires out here.

Karen
10-26-2006, 05:09 PM
They just updated the story, which is even sadder:

A fourth firefighter -- one who was critically injured when three others were killed -- has died. A fifth firefighter is in critical condition. A fire department spokesman said: "This is a deliberately set arson fire. An arson fire that leads to the death of anyone constitutes murder." The firefighters were trying to protect a house from the blaze when the flames engulfed their engine.

That anyone would as cruel and stupid as to deliberately set a fire in California given the conditions on the ground currently is just unfathomable.

Our prayers are with the 400 people trapped, and with the firefighters and their families.

RICHARD
10-26-2006, 06:44 PM
That anyone would as cruel and stupid as to deliberately set a fire in California given the conditions on the ground currently is just unfathomable.

They have already started a fund for the families of the firemen,

On ething that the new channels do, and it drives me crazy, is they make it a point to mention arson when they do the FIRE WATCH portions of the program.

Some nitwit will say something about the "Local authorities are on the lookout for arsonists during this weather...."

Why not give out Bic lighters too? :mad:

cmayer31
10-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I hadn't been out of the office at all today, so when I left work around 5:30 I couldn't belive how strongly it smelled of smoke. I work about 120 miles from the fire, but as I got closer to home, about 70 miles from the fire, I couldn't belive it. It's so sad, this is another monster fire in California. This thing is a beast and is moving extreemly fast with the Santa Ana winds driving it.

I attached a couple of pictures taken with my cell phone on the way home. It brings back a lot of bad memories from not too long ago when the fires around here came way too close.

sandragonfly
10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
sigh.. :( dunno what say but those guys and their beloved ones are in my thoughts..

odd, after I moved out from a state to another - so many nature disasters occurred - asia waves, los angeles fire, crazy karina, buffalo snow and now this.. especially firefighters!

it has been thundering mad here more than ever.. RIP red hatties.

gini
10-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Because we have become so close to Fire Station 29 in the Los Angeles area and also because our Rotary club honors the Firemen each year - this hits very hard.

All I can think of are these wonderful men going out to do what they are trained to do - and being caught in the firestorm and not being able to escape.

God rest their souls...........and prayers for their families.

Arson? Oh, where does this sickness come from?

Barbara
10-27-2006, 05:20 AM
I'm so sorry.
After having been in California and having so many friends these catastrophes really come closer.

I am so sorry for the firefighters and their families :(

elizabethann
10-27-2006, 07:46 AM
RIP brave firefighters.

ramanth
10-27-2006, 07:57 AM
RIP brave fire fighters. :( :(

I hope they catch the idiots that started it.. :mad:

Edwina's Secretary
10-27-2006, 09:29 AM
I sit here with running nose, burning ang teary eyes, and difficulty breathing. I worry about the E's. Was this the objection of the arsonist????

RICHARD...I don't think mentioning arson gives them any ideas they don't already have.

JenBKR
10-27-2006, 09:33 AM
It just makes me sick......my prayers are with everyone involved.

lvpets2002
10-27-2006, 09:36 AM
:( Oh I know it is so Horrible.. I have been trying to keep up with the news on this Tragic Matter.. Poor FireFighters & God Bless their familys.. It just makes my stomack sick to think someone started this on purpose just for kicks.. :mad: If they find the one/ones that did this I would hope they throw the book at them in the slammer..

RICHARD
11-01-2006, 12:46 PM
The fifth firefighter caught in that fire died yesterday at 5:00 P.M.
He was taken off life support at the request of his family.

RedHedd
11-01-2006, 01:09 PM
The fifth firefighter caught in that fire died yesterday at 5:00 P.M.
He was taken off life support at the request of his family.
I heard that this morning. So :( They also have arrested a "person of interest" whatever THAT means. I hope they find the lunatic who set the fire and burn him at the stake!! :mad:

Randi
11-01-2006, 01:30 PM
This is really horrible! I'm so sorry for these firefighters and their families. :( It's hard to believe that anyone could do this - what a sad world!

Rest in Peace, firefighters, you have been very brave and will be remembered.

RICHARD
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Governor Arh-nuld just signed a bill allowing 1.3 million dollars
to the families of the four firefighters.

No taxes and no admin costs will be taken out.

Golfer Fred Couples made a substansial donation to the fund also!!