PDA

View Full Version : Any Agility fans?

RfarmAndKennel
06-07-2002, 02:30 AM
Howdy everyone!!! Our kids just love agility! Any more agliity fans out there??????;) [email protected] http://www.rfarm-kennel.com

C.C.'s Mom
06-07-2002, 04:13 AM
Welcome to PetTalk!!!

We do agility! And Cookie loves it (even though I've got a hard time running along) and can't enough of it.

Deb Motter
06-07-2002, 06:50 AM
I do agility with Bonnie. She is a beginner. Our challenge is to get her to pay attention and not to run off and try to play with the other dogs.
Also, she took a tumble off the teeter and for a while wouldn't touch anything made of wood. She is gradually improving and getting her confidence back. Her favorites now are the A frame and chute and tunnels.

anna_66
06-07-2002, 07:57 AM
We've been doing some agility in our obedience classes, and are thinking of taking agility, but just not really sure about it. I'm like Deb, teaching Roxey how to pay attention, instead of wanting to run off and play is a challence off lead!

Rottie
06-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Carl does agility! We got our first NAJ leg the beginning of May. We have another trial coming up tomorrow, too!!! :)

RfarmAndKennel
06-07-2002, 10:12 AM
Well it's so wonderful to meet you all! We just finished Intermediate II with Flash Paws, Jane Simmons-Moake. So soon to start trials. We are solid on all obstacles, I simply need to work on my timing. Recalls are faultless with this fellow. I made recalls, a game, him being canine, and a Corgi, fell right into the game of come. Anytime he ran away, I with treat and toy in hand, I would then run away from him, thus he always turned followed, came,, then got lots of positive reward,, made a real big deal about it. It also works with my Min Pins too, who are not known for their recall ability, due to the hound bred into them ;). Maybe this will be helpful for others. We just love the sport, and so happy to meet others who do as well! I'll include my sweet boy's picture, we call him Boo, and he is truly one of my heros!
http://www.rfarm-kennel.com/rcorgikingdom/IMAG0005.JPG

*LabLoverKEB*
06-07-2002, 10:39 PM
My Black Lab, Sadie, and I do Agility, but we don't compete, we just do it for fun, and exercise!:) ;)

I hope everything went well with the competition, Sara!;)

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2002, 07:15 AM
Sadie and Cincy both seem to enjoy agility. Cincy had a little of it in her Puppy 2 class and both girls have done it at |"Fun and games" Aug 1. I am thinking about joining a dog park where they have an agility course set up all the time so we can practice when we want to. I am exciting about it...

Rottie
06-08-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*
My Black Lab, Sadie, and I do Agility, but we don't compete, we just do it for fun, and exercise!:) ;)

I hope everything went well with the competition, Sara!;)

Thanks Sarah! Everything did go well. We got our first NA leg, and 1st place!!! :D Despite the fact that it was fairly hot, Carl finished almost 20 seconds under the standard course time. Woohooo!!!! :)

Dogz
06-08-2002, 07:39 PM
I LOVE agility!!!!!!!!!
I have always wanted my very own border collie to do agility with.

anna_66
06-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Well, we start an agility class next week! Ashley (my niece) may be the one to do it too! Wish us luck!

Crikit
06-13-2002, 07:08 PM
You spoke the magic words or I guess it would be typed the magic words. I love agility and so do the dogs...well Winter's slowly starting to love it.

I've only been competing for about a year and training for a year and half but my dogs and I have come a long way in that short time. It's like the perfect addiction though because you get to spend time with you dogs doing something you both like and it has to be one of the only sports were the people you are competing against want you to succeed.

Smudge my lab cross is my first agility dog and he has the first leg of his Nadac Novice Jumpers title, I'm hoping to maybe finish that one off sometime this summer but Smudge has some issues still and sometimes his issues decide to show up at trials so I just take it day to day with him. But this weekend him and I are in a USDAA trial, seriously hoping to do well in it. Winter my border collie is just going to be starting next weekend in trials but I'm going to ease her into it because I still have some things that I need to work on with her...namely control (she has to figure out that I start the team and not her, and that we go at my pace not hers) jumps, and weaves...that would be why for the first trial all she's doing is a tunnelers course and touch N'go so things that I know she can do.

Oh and Dogz, you don't have to have a border collie to do agility in fact I would say don't get a border collie to do agility, they make the sport to easy and take away the fun of it...some of the best times I've had with Smudge is when him and I are running side by side on a course...please note this is coming from someone who owns a border collie.

pupper-lover
06-13-2002, 09:44 PM
My pups have tried agility at our Paws on the Pavement fundraiser. They love it. If I can find the money and the time, I'm going to take them to some classes. Addie loves doing tricks, so I think would would excell in a class.:)

delidog
06-13-2002, 09:53 PM
i absolutely love agility!!!!
i wish that they held classes where i live....does anybody out there have info on agility classes and/or shows in florida?????

AdoreMyDogs
06-13-2002, 10:38 PM
Delidog, do a google search on "agility florida" and you'll get some hits....i got quite a few but not sure which ones to post.

I absolutely LOVE agility and I am looking forward to teaching my new Kersey girl what it's all about. It was SO hard to retire Graham. He and I enjoyed it so much and it was so incredibly bonding. It broke my heart to retire him but it was the best for him and his long term health. Kersey is going to make a great agility dog because she has the intelligence that she needs to stay focused and hit all the contacts, but she has an extra added bonus that Graham didn't have so much of...she has SPEED! That girl is quick! I just started her in agility. She has alot to learn but I am really excited.

delidog
06-13-2002, 10:51 PM
AdoreMyDogs
thank you....i will search!!!!
i would love to find some here!!!!

RfarmAndKennel
06-15-2002, 09:06 PM
I too agree what I love with the execise, is the bonding with my dogs, and how wonderful too it has brought so many together too ;). I have to agree it does seem the perfect addiction!!
Kim P.

[email protected]
R Farm & Kennel, Art by; Kimberley (http://www.rfarm-kennel.com)

Beaglegirl27
06-27-2002, 04:08 PM
I do agility with my beagle Honey and she LOVES it! I think she is very good since for her being a beagle and and me being only 12. Her favorite obstacle is the weave poles, she learned them in only 3 days.

RfarmAndKennel
06-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Well looks like we all agree on the fun of it, and are all in wonderful company! I also raise and train Miniature Pinschers, and they as well love the sport. I run my Corgi in the winter, and the Pin kids in the summer,, keeps us busy year round! Then there's OB, Conformation, and soon tracking classes we're starting too, we don't know if we're coming or going ;)! But it sure is just to much fun! Here's one of my agility Miniatrue Pinscher girls, Ceecee. http://www.rfarm-kennel.com/DogShowPage/IMAG0015.JPG [email protected] R Farm & Kennel (http://www.rfarm-kennel.com) :D

06-30-2002, 09:52 AM
I do not have a dog ; but often I pass by an agility center ; I love to watch all those dogs trying to be good ... ! I would surely train my dog too if I had one !

Aspen and Misty
07-03-2002, 11:00 PM
I wanted to do agility iwht our Sheltie Teddy but he doens't walk in the grass so it would never have worked. I am planning on doing agility with my Australian Shepared mixed with a Westland high terrier, Chewy, He is only 8 weeks so we will ahev to wait awile. but I sure do hope to do it!