PDA

View Full Version : Need some good thoughts...UPDATE - Spoke with doctor - Page 5

ramanth
10-26-2006, 09:54 AM
I've been feeling tired all the time for awhile now. Even if I get 8 hours of sleep, I'm exhausted when I wake, I'm tired throughout the day, I sometimes nod off at work and when I get home I just want to curl up in bed and sleep.

The other evening I tried to take a power nap at 8 p.m. and ended up sleeping until the alarm went off at 6 a.m. :eek:

I was drifting off at my counselor session yesterday and she implored me to see a doctor. She doesn't feel it's depression but would rather I rule out anything medical before we assume it's the change in weather or my typical situational depression.

She also cautioned me to not announce to everyone how tired I am since tiredness is a common symptom of pregnancy and she doesn't want people hounding me about it. Of course nodding off at work doesn't help. :rolleyes:

(And I'm sure I'm breaking the rules by sharing with you guys, so don't tell on me! ;) )

So I called and had an appointment made for next Tuesday at 8 a.m. I'm going to fast so that they can run all the blood tests they need. They'll also run the cholesterol test that my GYN gave me paperwork for.

Hopefully it's nothing, but if it is something, I'm sure it won't be serious or if anything it can be treatable. Autoimmune disorders run in the family (endometrosis, diabetes, IBS...) and general symptoms of autoimmune disorders is fatigue and malaise.

I've also suspected that I might be anemic (I always pass out when I have blood drawn), but I've never been officially tested for it. Low iron can make you sleepy I've heard.

I'm just annoyed at being so damn tired all the time. Even now I just want to lay my head on my desk and sleep. I'm starting to get headaches and I can't concentrate. It really stinks. :(

So just hoping for a good thought tossed my way that it's nothing or if it's something, that it's treatable so I can at least function and not feel like a walking zombie.

ZZZzzzzzzzzZZZzz.... :o :)

Cookiebaker
10-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Good thoughts sent your way! I hope everything goes well at the Dr's and they can pinpoint what is making you so tired!

p.s. The big "P" word was the first thought that crossed my mind, too :o :D

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2006, 10:22 AM
You are describing how I felt during my first trimester with Aidan.

Good luck, keep us posted.

ramanth
10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks ladies. :)

p.s. The big "P" word was the first thought that crossed my mind, too :o :D
I wish I was pregnant. :( But that is a very different, long, and personal story entirely. :)

mugsy
10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I must confess I had 2 thoughts...one was pregnant, but,the other (and honestly my first thought) was Mono.

Regardless....here's cyber hugs for you! (((((Kimmy)))))) (and a soda and an apple...supposed to work better than caffeine).

I will pass the info on to Mike as well.

cloverfdx
10-26-2006, 10:32 AM
{{Hugs}} Good vibes coming your way Kimmy, hopefully the docs will find out what is going on soon. You will be in my thoughts.

cyber-sibes
10-26-2006, 10:33 AM
(((hugs))) and prayers coming your way, Kim. Hope they can fix you up so you can have the energy to do everything you want to. (I suggest holding off on any more skydiving for now ;) ). Have you ever tried Blue-green algae as a food supplement? It increases your energy levels and boosts your immune system. PM me if you want more info about it. We've been eating it for years!

Cataholic
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Sorry you are feeling so tired, Kimmy. Here's hoping it is nothing serious!

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
I've been feeling tired all the time for awhile now. Even if I get 8 hours of sleep, I'm exhausted when I wake, I'm tired throughout the day, I sometimes nod off at work and when I get home I just want to curl up in bed and sleep.

The other evening I tried to take a power nap at 8 p.m. and ended up sleeping until the alarm went off at 6 a.m. :eek:

I was drifting off at my counselor session yesterday and she implored me to see a doctor. She doesn't feel it's depression but would rather I rule out anything medical before we assume it's the change in weather or my typical situational depression.

She also cautioned me to not announce to everyone how tired I am since tiredness is a common symptom of pregnancy and she doesn't want people hounding me about it. Of course nodding off at work doesn't help. :rolleyes:

(And I'm sure I'm breaking the rules by sharing with you guys, so don't tell on me! ;) )

So I called and had an appointment made for next Tuesday at 8 a.m. I'm going to fast so that they can run all the blood tests they need. They'll also run the cholesterol test that my GYN gave me paperwork for.

Hopefully it's nothing, but if it is something, I'm sure it won't be serious or if anything it can be treatable. Autoimmune disorders run in the family (endometrosis, diabetes, IBS...) and general symptoms of autoimmune disorders is fatigue and malaise.

I've also suspected that I might be anemic (I always pass out when I have blood drawn), but I've never been officially tested for it. Low iron can make you sleepy I've heard.

I'm just annoyed at being so damn tired all the time. Even now I just want to lay my head on my desk and sleep. I'm starting to get headaches and I can't concentrate. It really stinks. :(

So just hoping for a good thought tossed my way that it's nothing or if it's something, that it's treatable so I can at least function and not feel like a walking zombie.

ZZZzzzzzzzzZZZzz.... :o :)
Honey- endometriosis will make you feel exhausted all the time! It makes you anemic and that makes your tired. do the tests- ... And yes- low iron will hit you like a ton of bricks.. Send a personal message- we will talk more..

Pembroke_Corgi
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I hope it's nothing serious. And I hope the doctor has a way to make you feel better!

catnapper
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I hope its nothing serious that a little vitamin therapy can't cure. Check to make sure you're not anemic, etc.

As for endometriosis, man I have that and just had it removed. Can I blame my lethargy on that? I didn't know I could!

k9krazee
10-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Hope its nothing serious...good vibes coming your way!! Keep us updated!

JenBKR
10-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Good luck! Actually, my first thought was that it might be your thyroid - there are actually lots of things that could be causing your fatigue, hopefully the doctors can figure it out! Keep us posted ((((hugs))))

lizbud
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Kimmy, sorry to hear this. :( I do hope it isn't anything serious. Please
do go for whatever test they think would shed some light on the problem.
As for myself, I do find many days of gloomy skies makes me feel tired and
sleepy. Hope they came help fix this. ((Hugs))

Cinder & Smoke
10-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Poor Kimmy! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Feeling tired & run-down? ... join the crowd! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

But you're way to Young & Fit to be having a bad heart ...

so GO get youself checked out! We'll all hope for an Easy Fix for you!

/s/ the OLD Phart http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-26-2006, 11:39 AM
My first thought is to make sure they check your thyroid levels. Feeling tired and depressed is a classic example of hypo thyroidism....as compared to hyperthyroidism.

Everyone relates others' symptoms to their own experience, and hypothyroidism and Hoshomoto's (sp?) disease (which is an autoimmune disorder) is my experience, so be sure they check thyroid levels.

Good luck and I sure hope it's nothing serious!

PS - is there such a thing as post-marital depression....kind of like post-partum depression? I would think so after the whole big build-up to the actual wedding and such, so maybe that's what it is.......

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
I sure hope that it's nothing serious. Please take care and continue to keep us updated.

Karen
10-26-2006, 12:00 PM
You will be in our prayers, that they figure out what's wrong and that it is easily fixed. Yup, being anemic can do that to you, tired all the time ...

Maybe you are becoming part kitty, needing to nap most of the day? ;)

ramanth
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys. *HUGS* At this point the tests are for peace of mind. I'll definitely ask to have my thyroid checked. :)

For those that don't know, I do have endometriosis. I was diagnosed at 21. I knew Endo could make you tired, but I've never been this tired before so it's either a late symptom popping up or something else.

I feel so bad for Kia. She hasn't had a decent walk in weeks. I'm going to force myself to take Miss Floppy Ears (who is still coned btw) for a walk tonight and not even let my butt touch that couch until I do! :p :o :)

sandragonfly
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
thinking of you!

Randi
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Kimmy, I'm so sorry you're so tired. :( Glad you're going for check-ups, hopefully the doc. will find out what it is, and can treat it easily. :)

Sending positive thoughts! Best of luck!

My Peanuts
10-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Kimmy, maybe it's something simple like the seasons changing. I hope so. Good vibes coming your way.

Corinna
10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Kimmy what kind of foods are you eatting? I'm not a vegatarian but with my diabetes if I fall in to the old winter habit of junk or high starches food, I can be so lethargic. Once Tim thought I was having a diabetic coma he couldn't wake me up. Try lots green fresh veggies and yellow fruits.

ramanth
10-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I eat lots of fruits and veggies. Fresh is the only way to go! (Andy likes canned.. blasphomy! :eek: ;) :D )

Tonight is asparagus night.. :)

I've been trying to keep the carbs low, though I have been craving pasta. :o

Jadapit
10-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I hope you get to feeling better soon. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. (((Hugs)))

Catty1
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Hon - don't keep your carbs TOO low...have you been eating protein also?

If you have changed your eating habits just before this problem started, let the doc know, ok? She may order other tests.

HUGS

ChrisH
10-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear this Kimmy. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/Smilies/Hugs2.gif Good and positive thoughts on the way.

moosmom
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
My first thought was Chronic Fatique Syndrome. But being anemic will also cause you to poop out.

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) honey!

Keep us posted.

ramanth
10-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys. :)

I am soooo tired. I actually made dinner last night though. Spaghetti and asparagus. mmmmmmm.... and I was able to stay awake long enough to watch my two shows before I crawled off to bed.

This morning, alarm went off at 6...slept in until 6:30, got up, let the cats out, kneeled down in the hallway to pet them and promptly fell asleep! :eek: http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/kopfpatsch.gif :o

Yeesh!

Thankfully the cats hollaring for food startled me awake or else Andy would of woken me up when he tripped over me.

Catty1
10-27-2006, 08:33 AM
You mentioned you were craving pasta the other day. Sometimes that gives us clues...

Could be that whatever you have is making your body crave 'quick energy' foods.

Is your diet balanced? Asapragus and spaghetti is great, but that is carb (one of them with great vitamins! :) )

Where's your protein, hon?

Sorry to be a mother hen...HUGS!

jazzcat
10-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Kimmy, I hope the tests get to the bottom of this for you and it is easily treated and nothing serious.

As for endo I can relate. I have it but four weeks ago I had a hysterectomy to treat/end it. I hope it worked!!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

ramanth
10-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Where's your protein, hon?

Sorry to be a mother hen...HUGS!
It's okay! It shows you care. :cool:

It wasn't as much as I was craving pasta as I was craving italian food. I like to mix it up when it comes to ethnic foods. Sometimes I crave mexican, other time mediterranean dishes, ect... other times I just want a good ol' fashioned burger. :D

I eat a lot of beef, chicken, and fish. :)

Today was cereal and juice for breakfast, ham sandwiches with fruit, yogurt, and cheese and crackers for lunch, and I'm trying to decide between tuna or beef for dinner. :)

mugsy
10-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Go get some buffalo...awesome taste and none of the added hormones! And the bonus...98% fat free!

pitc9
10-27-2006, 01:20 PM
As for endometriosis, man I have that and just had it removed. Can I blame my lethargy on that? I didn't know I could!

Me too!! :D

MANY hugs to you Kimmy! You know we're all here for you!
So your appt is on Halloween?!?! :D Or is it on the 7th?

ramanth
10-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Endless Thanks!! :o :D

So your appt is on Halloween?!?! :D Or is it on the 7th?
Halloween. :D

I was going to dress up for work, but now that I have the doctor appointment, I'm not sure. Or I could bring my costume with me and get dressed up at work after the appointment. :cool:

Karen
10-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Endless Thanks!! :o :D

Halloween. :D

I was going to dress up for work, but now that I have the doctor appointment, I'm not sure. Or I could bring my costume with me and get dressed up at work after the appointment. :cool:

Absolutely dress up for the appointment - you'll be the patient that makes them smile - and remember you! :)

RedHedd
10-27-2006, 01:57 PM
The big "P" word was the first thought that crossed my mind, too :o :D Me too! Oh Kimmy! I hope it's something simple. If it's any help, I, too, have my first post-op appointment at 8:15 a.m. on Halloween. I asked the doctor's office if it was okay to come in costume and the nurse laughed and said they required it! :D although I'm not sure how complex a costume I want to do now that I know I'll have to take it off!

ramanth
10-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Well, it is just a pirate costume so it'd be easy to take off if they need me in a gown. Plus it has big poofy sleeves, which makes it easy to roll up for blood withdrawl. :eek: :D

I'll dress up then! :)

K9karen
10-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Go get some buffalo...awesome taste and none of the added hormones! And the bonus...98% fat free!

Yep! Yummy!!! (sorry Mr. Buffalo)

Hope you feel better, Kimmy. I know the feeling. I just had 5 vials of blood (just in time for Halloween I guess) taken to test for everything possible, too. I hate the waiting. Fingers crossed that you're OK...

ramanth
10-31-2006, 08:54 AM
:eek: ;)

Just got back from the doctors. Went well and I should get the results of the blood work in a couple of days.

They are testing for anemia, diabetes, & thyroid specifically as well as running a full CC panel and Lipid panel.

Dr. Eaton said if everything comes back normal, then she may recommend me for a sleep study.

And for the first time in 14 years I didn't pass out after having the blood drawn. I was impressed with myself. :D

Logan
10-31-2006, 10:24 AM
I hope you can get some answers, Kimmy. When I read that you fell asleep, while kneeling down to pet the cats, something triggered in my mind that it might be a sleep disorder. I knew a lady, a long time ago, who suffered from a sleep disorder and would fall asleep in some strange situations. The scary part was that it could happen when she was driving a car.

You be safe and take care of yourself.

Logan

Cataholic
10-31-2006, 10:56 AM
We are hanging in there with you, Kim!

Barbara
10-31-2006, 04:34 PM
No experience with pregnancy or endometriosis here and while I always says sleeping is my hobby I still never felt asleep while feeding the cats.....
So I keep my fingers crossed that the tests will turn out with something that is easy to fix :)

Catty1
10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
I knew a lady, a long time ago, who suffered from a sleep disorder and would fall asleep in some strange situations.

Dystonia?

Try Googling that.

sandragonfly
10-31-2006, 04:59 PM
quoted by ramanth
And for the first time in 14 years I didn't pass out after having the blood drawn. I was impressed with myself. :D
well, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D

cyber-sibes
11-01-2006, 05:29 AM
I've been gone, just catching up here - Kimmy, I had to laugh at your

"I vant to suck your blood" caption -- right under Kia's avatar - Perfect!

I hope they're able to figure out what's causing this. Falling asleep in the middle of hallways is beyond normal-tired for sure! Jojoe worked with a woman with sleep apnea for the past couple years - she refuses to believe there is anything wrong with her, so we all hope she doesn't fall asleep while driving, one of these days.

did you wear your costume? did they give you a treat? :D

ramanth
11-01-2006, 08:54 AM
did you wear your costume? did they give you a treat? :D
I ended up not going in costume since I had to go to work straight from my appointment and wasn't able to get it cleared with the bosses if it was okay to dress up. But it's okay. :)

A lot of the nurses were dressed up and we talked about our costumes. :D

pitc9
11-01-2006, 09:24 AM
We'll be waiting for the results!!

Thinking of you!

Karen
11-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Still thinking positive thoughts for you Kim, and good for youu on the not passing out part! Good Kimmie - here, have some Halloween candy.

gini
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Kim, this must be so frustrating for you. You have always seemed to be a person with tons of energy and very busy.

I hope they can get to the bottom of your fatigue and help you.

kimlovescats
11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Hope you get conclusive results from your tests and whatever is "wrong" can be easily "fixed"! ;)

Hugs,
Kim

Pam
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
My first thoughts were pregnancy, thyroid and a sleep disorder. My mother's friend's husband years ago suffered from something called narcolepsy. He would fall asleep in the middle of a conversation. I am glad you are getting some testing done. Whatever it is, I hope that it is quickly fixable and you will be feeling fine in no time. (((hugs)))

ramanth
11-03-2006, 08:44 PM
The Lab Report came in the mail today. A lot of big words and numbers but I think I have it figured out.

For the most part everything is within normal levels.

However, while my cholesterol is in the expected range, it is a bit on the high side. Expected range is 125-200 and I'm at 193.

My triglycerides (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triglyceride) are off the chart. Expected range is 10-140 and I'm at 171. They bolded the number and stuck a "high" next to it.

In the human body, high levels of triglycerides in the bloodstream have been linked to atherosclerosis, and, by extension, the risk of heart disease and stroke.

So we gotta get those numbers down.

Not sure if that is what is causing my fatigue or not.

If I don't hear from the doctor by Monday, I'll give her a call and ask for some clarification.

Time to break out the Fish Oil (http://www.oilofpisces.com/cholesterol.html)! :)

Thanks for all the good thoughts. It's very appreciated. *HUGS* :D

caseysmom
11-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Ramanth, I hope you feel better soon. My hubbies triglycerides have been as high as 800 or 900 :eek: He is pre-diabetic, he excercizes regularly and is watching what he eats. He is not overweight at all.

I have never heard of those triglycerides causing fatigue though. Not that they can't I just haven't heard of that.

ramanth
11-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Yikes!

Yeah, I'm calm about all this. It's good to know, but not get worked up over. True the number is high but it's not that high. :D

Time to get my butt in shape and watch what I chow down on. :cool:

Karen
11-03-2006, 09:38 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the doctor says. It's good to at least have partial answers, even if you're not sure what they mean yet, isn't it? Eat some fish for me - I'm allergic to it now, so cannot have any myself!

Logan
11-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Kimmy, it will help for you to talk with the doctor. I don't know whether either of those things you mentioned would have anything to do with the fatigue problems you're having. But, it is good to know what you need to work on, regardless.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that you get this thing figured out and feel better soon.

Logan

Cataholic
11-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Still keeping you in my thoughts. I will be curious to hear what the MD makes of these tests.

Laura's Babies
11-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Take cinnamon for your triglycerides! 1/2 to 1 teaspoon a day or add it to what you eat. I put a teaspoon on my oatmeal every morning and then take a cinnamon capsule in the evening.

Since getting off the statin drugs I am doing th natural stuff and just had mine checked and my triglycerides was 77..... (helps a lot that cinnamon is one of my favorite spices too!)

AdoreMyDogs
11-04-2006, 08:15 AM
I hope you get to feeling better, Kimmy!

lv4dogs
11-04-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry I am just now seeing this Kimmy. I hope they get to the bottom of this and that it is nothing major & can easily be fixed. Please know you are in my thoughts. HUGS

RedHedd
11-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Kimmy, I hope the solution is simple and painless and quick!

ramanth
11-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks again for all the good thoughts.

I just thought I'd pop in with an update after speaking with the doctor.

Well, nothing medical is causing the fatigue. My LDL and HDL numbers are fine. Just my tryglicerides are a little high but the doctor says it's nothing to be concerned about at this point. I just need to exercise more and cut out the fats and sweets. :eek: Not easy with the holidays coming up, but I'm allowed a few cheat days. :rolleyes: :p ;)

So at this point all signs point to depression. The way my therapist explained it is that I have situational depression that has just mentally run me down, so I'm tired all the time and now I'm more depressed because I'm tired all the time. It's this savage circle unfortunately. :( I won't need medication though. Just have to focus and concentrate more. I'm hoping the exercise and new diet will help.

The good news is that I'm not nearly as tired during the day at work as I was in the past. I've been taking the stairs more and trying to get out and walk more on my lunch break to try and re-energize. :)

So things are looking up. I'm just glad to have some answers.

Catty1
11-13-2006, 01:55 PM
In another thread here, someone said that a really good B complex helped their depression. I think they got it at GNR. Can't hurt!

HUGS

JenBKR
11-13-2006, 02:02 PM
In another thread here, someone said that a really good B complex helped their depression. I think they got it at GNR. Can't hurt!

HUGS

I was just going to say that. This thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=116350

I know I just started it a couple days ago, but it seems to be helping and my energy level seems a bit better. It might help you too, especially if depression is the reason for your fatigue. GNC or a natural store (that's where I got mine) would probably be the best places to get it. I have the same problem with energy levels, which has come from my depression. Diet and exercise do help also. Hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

Logan
11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, at least you know what you are dealing with, Kimmy, and you really do sound like you're feeling better and taking the right steps. We'll still keep you in our prayers and hope you can snap out of this soon. Kia might enjoy the extra activity, too!!! :)

Logan

ramanth
11-13-2006, 02:07 PM
I was actually just browsing that thread and added 'B Complex' to the grocery list. I'll add it to the rest of the vitamins I already take. *laughs* ;) :D

Thanks. :)

Logan, I bet Kia will. I picked up one of those reflector vests for myself this weekend. She already had one, but I feel better having one myself and now I can't say I can't walk her at night. ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Glad to hear you at least have some answers so you know where and what to start working on. I just know a little exercise will help. The key is to be consistent with it though, which can be the hard part. And some days you'll be so down you won't feel like exercising, but that's when you need it the most! ;)

Something else that might help boost your mood is that if you cut down on the sweets, and exercise more....well....the next thing you know you'll have to go shopping for a smaller size, and if that isn't enough to boost your mood, you're a better person than I! ;) :D

wolflady
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm glad you were able to find out what was going on. I too, have been feeling tired and fatigued all the time, and it's also because of depression. I have found that St. John's Wort is a good natural "mood elevator", so pick some of that up as well next time you go the the grocery. It can be found in the vitamins area of the pharmacy. It has really helped me quite a bit the past week or so, especially since I've been feeling really, really low. :(

I'm here for you hon. Depression is no fun, but we can get through it.

**hugs**

ramanth
11-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys. :) I'm a supplement junkie. ;) :D

My dad also recommended extra iron to help boost my energy levels.

I hope none of these cancel each other out. :eek:

Been thinking of you Karen. *HUGS*

Glacier
11-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I have found that St. John's Wort is a good natural "mood elevator", so pick some of that up as well next time you go the the grocery. It can be found in the vitamins area of the pharmacy.

I'm glad you got some answers and that nothing is physically wrong! I hope the new exercise program helps. I find a hike with the dogs always lifts my mood a bit, even if I have to force myself to do it.

Just a note on St. John's Wort....there is evidence that it dramatically reduces the effectiveness of birth control pills. If you're trying to avoid getting pregnant, you might want to avoid St. John's too.

Russian Blue
11-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Like everyone else, I'm glad to hear that you have some results and can add the excercise to help. It's free but not necessarily the easiest thing to do every day. ;) Be careful also with adding too much supplements to your daily routine. They can interact and cause a different reaction that you may not want!

My family has a medical history 1000 pages long which includes cancer, depression and colitis/IBD. The best thing to do for yourself and your body is to get rid of the white sugar, white flour and eat as natural as possible. Try buying some ethnic cooking books to experiment with new recipes (I love Indian recipes). I'm always trying to add a new recipe a week to our menu to keep us away from the bad, refined foods.

Meditation and yoga are also great. Check out your local video store for some beginning lessons. It really clears the mind and brings a positive perspective to things. I always get down at this time of year with the darker days and notice it really helps.

Good luck! If you get a chance, I'd love to hear an update to see how things are progressing. :)

lizbud
11-13-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm glad you got some answers and that nothing is physically wrong! I hope the new exercise program helps. I find a hike with the dogs always lifts my mood a bit, even if I have to force myself to do it.

This is so true. :) It's funny how that works.
Just need that first push to get going. ;)