PDA

View Full Version : Minivans

Sirrahsim
10-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Any Newer minivan owners out there? Paul and I have to buy a car when we get to the states next month and right now we are looking into the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. If we order it before we leave they will have it waiting for us when we get to our new base! On top of that we can get either a $4500 rebate and around 2% interest OR 0% interest.... WHAT? yes you read that right 0% interest for the entire term of the loan :eek: Not only that but if we find another van just like it within 2 weeks of delivery of our new van they will pay us the difference... The military does have some perks :D

Anyone have a Dodge Grand Caravan?

kimlovescats
10-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Does it have to be a Dodge? How about a Nissan Quest? My hubby works for Nissan! ;) We have a new one on order, I'm so excited!

Sirrahsim
10-25-2006, 10:45 PM
The place here on base only sells Dodge, Chryslar, Jeep, Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury. We're still open to new ideas though. We still have a few weeks before we leave :D

kimlovescats
10-25-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't know what price range you are looking in, or what options ... but the Quests are really nice! We ordered the SE .... we are on the employee lease program though! ;)

We are getting the brand new color, Chestnut .... here is a small thumbnail pic
attached.

Also, here is a website to see the specs....
http://www.nissanusa.com/quest/price_options.html

caseysmom
10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey, I love it. I am going to buy another one soon, probably a 2007.

The Grand Caravan is very roomy and american cars are often roomier than their japanese counterparts. The Dodge's use to have tranny problems but that seems to be resolved. I say with your military perks on the dodge's you should go for it.

Lady's Human
10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I'd go with the Dodge. Chevy and Ford minivans are sort of "Me too" models, nothing special. There are enough Grand Caravans in the GSA fleet that I've seen get severely abused without problems that I MIGHT trust one (And this is coming from someone who hates Dodge vehicles)

Twisterdog
10-25-2006, 11:41 PM
I have a Dodge Caravan Cargo and a Eagle Summit van for my business. They are older, though. Of the two, the Eagle (which has a Mitsubishi engine) has been the FAR better vehicle. It has over twice as many miles on it as the Dodge, and has had half the problems.

Sirrahsim
10-26-2006, 03:48 AM
That Quest looks really nice but it is a little out of our price range :) This is our very first piece of debt so we are a little nervous to jump in anyway without going over budget :)
We were also looking at the 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. It is less expensive, gets better gas mileage, has better crash test ratings, and also has the 0% interest or money back option.

I am SO nervous about this.... going into debt is SUCH a big step, even if it is just for 5 years :eek:

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 08:05 AM
I had a tracker named Gizmo ( yes I even name my vehicles) that I loved. It was 4wd, could not get it stuck in snow, and a kick to drive. However I had only 2 borzois when I got it. So I recently bit the bullet and bought a brand new Chevy Express extended length cargo type van. AND I LOVE IT!!! I can easily put all 4 borzois in there ( room for two more.. hint hint husband..) and also all this stuff for my canvas shows. Here is a picture of it.
It took me a while to get use to the bigger size- as my husband says, we can even put gizmo in there hahahaha...
My new vans name is "dwagen" as in I am dwagen here, dragging there... etc..

mugsy
10-26-2006, 08:53 AM
(And this is coming from someone who hates Dodge vehicles)

Gee and I detest Fords (Found On Road Dead or Fixed Or Repaired Daily) :p

I have a 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager (the same thing as a Caravan) and absolutely have loved it. It has almost 150,000 miles on it and it is still running. I looked at a 2001 Caravan and was impressed. I like the Chrysler products, but, that's just me.

robinh
10-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I have a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan and I love it. I actually bought it for the doggies. Since I park in the garage when it's time to take them somewhere I open the door, let them out of the house to jump into the van, close the side door and away we go. Makes it so much easier to take all 5 anywhere.